Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:09:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 171058 times)
retromike22
United States

« on: March 13, 2015, 10:12:11 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2015, 10:17:17 PM by retromike22 »

I just done went and made an Instagram.

Follow me!

Part 2 of the ordeal!

1:10 PM: Mom is lost. Hangs up on me, refuses to pick up.
2:00 PM: It's here I find out that my mom is driving in circles because she put in the wrong GPS address. I text her the right one, call her... she refuses to pick up.
2:30 PM: She finally picks up. I tell her the right one. We're finally good.
2:35 PM: She's at the wrong address. I'm so goddamn sick of it that I just walk the 20 minutes to get there.

Way to go Mom!
retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:20:43 AM »

A few days ago I visited the Watts Towers for the first time, and passed through the Jordan Downs public housing.

It wasn't that bad, it was actually pretty interesting.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »

I'm going on a date this Saturday Smiley First time since the last bf that i go on a date. I think we'll meet at downtown Disney in Anaheim.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:39:27 PM »

I landed a summer internship at the Office of Senator Blumenthal Smiley , looks like I'll be chilling in DC this summer.

Congrats! I was an intern with Rep. Judy Chu last year, but at her district office, and it was really fun. I visited D.C. a few years ago and I loved it. Lots of cupcake places there...
retromike22
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »

I'm currently at Downtown Disney waiting to meet a guy for a first date Smiley
retromike22
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43:33 AM »

Update: Date was a success! We agreed that we found each other very attractive and spent a good length of time discussing historical linguistics! Cheesy

Also, we got around to talking about Halloween, and guess what he honestly dressed as last Halloween?

He was....

a....

cat.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 10:58:29 AM »

Update: Date was a success! We agreed that we found each other very attractive and spent a good length of time discussing historical linguistics! Cheesy

Are you a historical linguist?

No, I just like reading about it and linguistics happen to be this guy's major.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »

Getting ready for the second date Smiley I hope the traffic isn't too bad...
retromike22
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 01:07:06 AM »

Lol.  I hope the traffic is jammed no matter how light it is.  Safe sex is important.

haha as a matter of fact I was on my very best behavior Smiley
retromike22
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »

Lol.  I hope the traffic is jammed no matter how light it is.  Safe sex is important.

haha as a matter of fact I was on my very best behavior Smiley

Well maybe I was a bit too well behaved. The date was going very well, until he took a condom out of his pocket while we were at the park. I politely declined, since I'm looking to gradually develop a relationship with someone, not to have sex at a public park on the second date. The rest of the evening was quieter than before. Last night the guy texted me that he would not want to continue talking because our personalities are too different Sad I can see that though, since he is much more feminine than me.  I was pretty sad for about an hour, cried for maybe five minutes, freshened up, brought back the stiff upper lip, and proceeded to work on some homework.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 02:04:58 AM »

Some friends from out of town are visiting for the weekend, but they sort of just invited themselves and assumed I'd be free. They never asked if I'd be around to entertain them, despite the fact that they're really only coming to see me and another friend.

The thing is, it's actually a pretty busy weekend and I've got a lot of work I should be doing. Except now I feel forced to spend time with them. It's nice to see people I haven't see in a while, but it's also a bit of a bummer. I wish they'd just asked first... because as it stands, their weekend might not be what they had in mind. And I don't want to be blamed for that.

Just say: "I'll be busy, you should have let me know ahead of time."

That's what I do.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »

I'm giving a presentation tonight in my ethics class on government secrecy. Yay?
retromike22
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »

I'm giving a presentation tonight in my ethics class on government secrecy. Yay?

Disregarding even the inclusion of "secrecy", aren't those two words in bold contradictory by nature?

Government is inherently unethical?
retromike22
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:50 PM »

Disregarding even the inclusion of "secrecy", aren't those two words in bold contradictory by nature?

Government is inherently unethical?

I was being partially facetious, but, sure, in concept, it's fine, but the second it hits humanity, it would seem only natural that things spiral into the darkness.

lol oh I see what you're saying. The class is basically: "When you're a government worker or leader, this is how to prevent things from spiraling into the darkness." But we're also learning about the three-way relationship between morality, legality, and ethics. For my specific presentation, I used the Pentagon Papers, the PRISM program, and Operation Neptune Spear as contrasting case studies. Afterward I led a class discussion on the morality of keeping secrets, the legality of whistle-blowing, and a few other things. It was pretty fun. The professor said I did a good job, so I'm relieved since it's my second to last presentation of my college career Smiley
retromike22
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »

It's all uphill from now on! Unless you get into drugs or have children.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 12:56:04 AM »

About to be home (which I changed I avvie for) in a matter of moments

After delay after delay after delay...thank heavens.

Yay welcome back to the best state!
retromike22
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 10:15:50 PM »

I just arrived back home 2 hours ago from 17 days in Sweden and Italy. It was probably one of the best trips of my life. I've been awake for 25 hours, so I'll type an actual Update when I get back from Minneapolis on June 1st from a wedding.

It's nice to take a break every once in a while Smiley

With that and your other foreign trips, you should have your own update series, "Adventures of Clarko"
retromike22
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 12:49:22 AM »

Listening to From the New World. What a great symphony. I haven't heard it in too long.

I was honestly listening to it a few days ago Smiley
retromike22
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 12:50:17 AM »

So I have a bit of a dilemma. My family has a long-standing tradition of going to Illinois for the 4th of July-I've only missed it once, last year, because I had Governor's School, and I want to do it this year. But some of my very close friends from Governor's School are planning a trip together to Chicago, and I'd love to go too. Which should I choose?

Always choose the rarer event. Go with your friends.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »

retromike22
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 11:40:25 PM »

I had a job interview for a city in the afternoon, as an office assistant with the department of public safety. I think I did... average. They weren't exactly friendly, and they didn't ask that many questions. An hour after this interview, I received a call from a woman who worked in human resources for a different city, who I had emailed yesterday to ask if I could interview her. So I interviewed her by phone. The reason I had to interview her was to include her information in my paper, which is about.... how governments can hire the best individuals.

So it was a very metaphysical day.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »

Is anyone in NYC or nearby looking for a roommate? My cousin got a job offer there, but he hasn't been able to find affordable housing. He asked me to spread the word around, so any help is welcome.

So I managed to wade into campus politics, and will be on the Board of Resaerch Advisors for the UCLA External VP. Specifically I'll be Chief of Political Research,  I'm going to be advising the EVP on how to effectively lobby the State Legislature as well as the Board of Regents, in order to keep tuition rates from rising, and hopefully, to lower them.

This will be fun.

You're studying at UCLA? We'll have to meet next year! Cheesy
Hey Tony, when will you be starting? And yes I would like to meet.

This September! I'll let you know when I'm in town.

Yay! SoCal AtlasCon!
retromike22
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 02:24:41 AM »

I have the worst case of senioritis in my life.

One 15 page of how governments can hire the best people is about 90% done. (due this Wednesday)
The second 15 page paper on whistleblowing by federal employees is about.. 70% done (due this Tuesday)

They are my absolute last finals of my entire college career.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »

I really like 'Baroness Bacon'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies