Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170972 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 05, 2014, 10:26:05 PM »

Watched some rented DVDs with my girlfriend over the weekend.  Noah turned out to be the sort of barely tolerable bad movie we like to snark at together.  Definitely do not watch it if you insist that Bible-based movies limit themselves to additions to the text instead of flat out contradictions to scripture.  Saving Mr. Banks and Lincoln were both much better.

Cooked several dishes from scratch (semi-scratch in the case of the pumpkin bread) this weekend as well, and it's quite apparent that if this does, as I hope it does, become a more permanent relationship, division of kitchen tasks is likely to be me doing the cooking and her cleaning up, which suits me just fine.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »

Percentage of Texans Who are Mormon: 1%

I don't think this bunch is helping things.

One keeps referring to Texas A&M as "ATM."

Perhaps they're hoping to fundraise? Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:36:19 AM »

We had way too many Elsa's from Frozen out trick-or-treating last night.  The proof is in the frozen precipitation we're getting right now.  There's actually a dusting of white stuff on the grass and cars right now.  Judging by the weather, you'd think it was the first of frigging February, not the first of November.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »

So I'm at a Mormon Church and I'm "cotton candy" (spray painted my hair pink b/c I had no costume to my friends church thing with Halloween) and b/c of the combination of the pink hair and the (feminine) bag that she made me hold, I think they all think I'm one of the homosexuals (I am but...) and I've never been treated so coldly in my life, the reason I'm posting this is because my friend who invited me here is a closeted bisexual, and if they're treating me like this when they only think I'm gay, how will they treat her when she comes out? I'm honestly afraid for her, I didn't realize that the anti homosexual culture is so strong here, and I thought she was afraid about nothing, but overhearing some conversations and how they treated me makes me afraid.  
I thought Mormons refused to allow outsiders into their temples?

Anyone would allow me into their place of worship. I'm a delight. (idk she invited me there and i said okay)

For an actual temple service, they wouldn't, but for a social gathering, why not?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »

And one of my best friends left for BASIC this afternoon. Won't be seeing him until March. Sad.
After BASIC will he be doing FORTRAN, COBOL, or C++? Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »

Went to the Sigma Sigma Sigma semi-formal last night. Grabbed dinner with my family in my area tonight before heading back down to Detroit.
If two members of ΣΣΣ were to wed would they need a wedding license or a six sigma certificate?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »

Yesterday I played a Flash game called Mu Complex- Episode One. It's a puzzle game with a backstory involving a rogue and probably murderous AI named Lya with a sweet female voice.

Today I received a customer satisfaction survey robocall concerning a product I recently got and the canned female voice identified itself as Mya.  Needless to say, I hung up quicker than usual.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 11:46:31 AM »

Today I received a customer satisfaction survey robocall concerning a product I recently got and the canned female voice identified itself as Mya.  Needless to say, I hung up quicker than usual.

1) You gave your  phone number to a company regarding a product you bought?

And

2) You have a landline?

This makes Grumpy sad.  Sad

It was eyeglasses.  The optical shop needed the number to let me know when it came in.  Actually the call came in on my cell phone instead of my landline.  (Incidentally, I have a rotary dial phone hooked up to my landline, tho I seldom use that handset.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 08:56:28 PM »

Chapter elections tonight. And only one more day of this horrid school week until break. Thank Jesus.

Why?  Jesus has nothing to do with college, especially the College of Cardinals. Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »

Elected First Counselor-- Alumni Rekations Chairman, Head of the Judicial Board, & overseer of Risk Management. Glad to be moving on up.
You do take your board games seriously, don't you?  What's your opinion of Castle Risk?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 11:34:48 PM »

Dreamt that I hooked up with a mermaid that had human genitalia. Second dream involved taking the virginity of one of my best (female) friends. This isn't good.

You need Jesus, my friend.

kidding

Unless he dreams of taking his virginity.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 11:46:15 PM »

Also, I'm stunned and appalled that "Sociology of Deviance" a class that falls under both Criminal Justice Studies and Sociology, isn't required for a sociology major. The school website doesn't list a sociology minor, which I'd be interested in (gonna have to fix that), but if it doesn't require it for the major even, I doubt a theoretical minor would require it. This is especially ironic given that the program's objectives list "social theory and deviance", right on the website! I will burn this school to the ground.

The fact that they have that as an objective is probably why they have it as an elective, but they likely have to keep to a standardized set of required courses to get their program accredited.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 01:04:39 AM »

Looks like I'll be applying to be a firefighter for my township. The website didn't specify the need for any prior experience, so I'm hoping that it would involve department-provided (or at least facilitated) training. I doubt they'd be too keen on having a 19-year old who hasn't really lived in the area for almost two years work there for only four months, but oh well.

Doesn't seem as far-fetched as you think - it may not be like the west coast where there's a peak season, but if it's an open position, I'm sure they don't mind even temporarily filling it. Could be tough, but it would be quite an interesting experience to waste 3-5 minutes of an internship interview the next year. Makes quite the memorable candidate. Good luck!

Problem is, generally to be even a volunteer firefighter, you need a certain amount of training you need to do so as to familiarize yourself with the equipment so that they can know you won't be a danger to yourself and others.  That takes some time, so they probably aren't going to be interested in paying to train some other place's firefighter.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 04:06:34 AM »

I went to the Japan v Jordan game last night, I got pissed but had so much fun going for Jordan when everyone else was going for Japan.

Well, even at his prime, since he's only one man, Michael Jordon couldn't hope to beat the Japanese national basketball team.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »

My grandfather passed away this morning. He had prostate cancer that had spread to his bones. He had a last hurrah, enjoyed his haggis, neeps and tatties and was comfortable.

I'm so sorry to hear that Sad

Why be sorry?  It sounds like he enjoyed his life until the end and had friends and family close at hand.  May we all be so fortunate.  That said, I sympathize with your loss Andrew.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 07:16:04 AM »

Well, my boyfriend and I just had a spirited discussion about whether it's okay to alter classic children's books for political correctness. Logically I know I was on the wrong side, but emotionally it just feels wrong to change the words of Dr. Seuss and still ascribe the new version to the author. "Policeman in a pail" is not the end of the world.

Speaking of Seuss, there's a new Seuss book, What Pet Should I Get?, coming out this summer.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/20/dr-seuss-new-book_n_6723768.html
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 08:13:16 PM »

Just got into the Queen's M.Ed program! Pretty great birthday present. Cheesy

I hear Elizabeth is a pretty strict grader.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2015, 05:39:04 PM by True Federalist »

My uncle-in-law passed away Thursday after a brief illness.  We weren't close, but I respect him, both personally, and for what he did, especially at Normandy.  He was a naval signalman with the 6th Naval Beach Battalion and thus part of the initial infantry landings at Omaha. He was one of three men in his communications section to go unscathed that day, and thus it is not surprising that his final wishes called for part of his ashes to be interred with his wife and part to be put in the Atlantic to join those of his comrades who are already there.  The Greatest Generation is passing away and may God grant that we never have occasion to see their equal.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 11:35:43 PM »

What the heck is GSA?  Gay Scouts of America?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 04:25:29 AM »

No you don't. Because then you wouldn't be you. 'Normality' is overrated.

As can be abnormality.

Not that I disagree.

What is normal?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

As my temporary change of display name indicates, I've got a small role in a local production of 9 to 5.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 12:34:13 PM »

Are law mowers used to landscape courthouses? 😸
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »

Obama also said that he forgot his Lederhosen back at the White House ... Tongue
Which is yet another proof that there is a God and that God is good.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 12:32:37 AM »

Tomorrow is AFP's National Day of Action. As a freshly hired Field Associate, I will be working 9-5 walking the streets of Boca Raton, knocking on hundreds of doors in 90+ heat, and will likely only get 10-15 surveys total. Plus I have to drive volunteers around, which makes me nervous.

9 to 5
What a way to make a livin'!
Things are less uptight
It's less takin' and more givin'.

Want to move ahead
And now that I can do it
Better get my rear in gear
And get right to it.

I enjoyed performing in 9 to 5, even if the number of cups of coffee my character drank exceeded the number of lines I had.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 07:32:02 AM »

Tomorrow is AFP's National Day of Action. As a freshly hired Field Associate, I will be working 9-5 walking the streets of Boca Raton, knocking on hundreds of doors in 90+ heat, and will likely only get 10-15 surveys total. Plus I have to drive volunteers around, which makes me nervous.

9 to 5
What a way to make a livin'!
Things are less uptight
It's less takin' and more givin'.

Want to move ahead
And now that I can do it
Better get my rear in gear
And get right to it.

I enjoyed performing in 9 to 5, even if the number of cups of coffee my character drank exceeded the number of lines I had.

Who did you play?

Bob Enright.  The play is why I had used that as my screen name the past few weeks.  I'm the guy who gets the promotion Violet Newstead (the Lily Tomlin character in the movie) was hoping for.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies