Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:06:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170830 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 08, 2014, 08:46:51 PM »

Lmao
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 08:25:31 AM »

This is my first time giving blood and I'm really nervous right now
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »

While playing in the garage, my cat killed a large mouse and brought it into the house.

My cat regularly catches lizards, and he stores them in such strange places. Imagine waking up with a dead lizard under your head, looking in the cabinet and there's one on top of a can of corn, etc.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:45:35 PM »

I'll be in Georgia tomorrow Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »

I've never been somewhere where they just hand out pocket knives to everyone
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2014, 05:07:17 PM by IDS Speaker Flo »

So I'm at a Mormon Church and I'm "cotton candy" (spray painted my hair pink b/c I had no costume to my friends church thing with Halloween) and b/c of the combination of the pink hair and the (feminine) bag that she made me hold, I think they all think I'm one of the homosexuals (I am but...) and I've never been treated so coldly in my life, the reason I'm posting this is because my friend who invited me here is a closeted bisexual, and if they're treating me like this when they only think I'm gay, how will they treat her when she comes out? I'm honestly afraid for her, I didn't realize that the anti homosexual culture is so strong here, and I thought she was afraid about nothing, but overhearing some conversations and how they treated me makes me afraid.  
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »

So I'm at a Mormon Church and I'm "cotton candy" (spray painted my hair pink b/c I had no costume to my friends church thing with Halloween) and b/c of the combination of the pink hair and the (feminine) bag that she made me hold, I think they all think I'm one of the homosexuals (I am but...) and I've never been treated so coldly in my life, the reason I'm posting this is because my friend who invited me here is a closeted bisexual, and if they're treating me like this when they only think I'm gay, how will they treat her when she comes out? I'm honestly afraid for her, I didn't realize that the anti homosexual culture is so strong here, and I thought she was afraid about nothing, but overhearing some conversations and how they treated me makes me afraid.  
I thought Mormons refused to allow outsiders into their temples?

Anyone would allow me into their place of worship. I'm a delight. (idk she invited me there and i said okay)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »

I'm going to be spending next summer in Pennsylvania about an hour north of Philly because I got an internship there. It will be exciting.

Near Trenton?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 10:34:24 PM »

I managed to recreate Chipolte's barbacoa in my crockpot today. It is quite delicious. I am having it on spring mix greens with black beans.

please post the recipe
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »

So I witnessed another burglary last night.

What's wrong with your area? Normal people never witness a burglary. The most troubling events in my lower-middle-class neighboorhood (classy mobile homes) were a suicide and, a few weeks ago, a cat kidnapping.
A lot is wrong with South Florida. In fact, 90% of the reasons people hate Florida is due to South North Florida, not the entire state Tongue. We have a real crime problem in my town, and the police are grossly incompetant. One of our officers was arrested for raping a woman who he had arrested for God's sake!

The problems that you face down there is the same up here, except we've got more confederate flags.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »

So I witnessed another burglary last night.

What's wrong with your area? Normal people never witness a burglary. The most troubling events in my lower-middle-class neighboorhood (classy mobile homes) were a suicide and, a few weeks ago, a cat kidnapping.
A lot is wrong with South Florida. In fact, 90% of the reasons people hate Florida is due to South North Florida, not the entire state Tongue. We have a real crime problem in my town, and the police are grossly incompetant. One of our officers was arrested for raping a woman who he had arrested for God's sake!

The problems that you face down there is the same up here, except we've got more confederate flags.
I consider Orlando to be more or less a cousin of South Florida, with less New Yorkers and more rednecks.

Orlando has more people from all across the midatlantic, not just New York. Instead of the large Cuban population, Orlando has a large Puerto Rican population, but I'm 45 minutes away from Orlando, which either means suburb or redneck area. No inbetween.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »

My GF was hit by a car earlier today.  Not as serious as it could be– we're still waiting on MRI results but probably nothing broken?– but the whole incident was a shocking display of selfishness and inhumanity on the part of the driver and I have been quaking with rage all day.

Will have much more to say about this later.

Thank God she's alright. My sister's fiancee hit an eighteen wheeler when he passed out at the wheel, I'm glad he's okay, but I wish he would've pulled over to nap for an hour or something.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »

Whenever I dream about you folks, I picture y'all as personified versions of your avatars (unless it's Bushie or whatever where I know what he looks like). Like this basically:

How do you differentiate between people with the same avatar?

Something like that
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 05:29:04 AM »

So if anyone's in Atlanta in March, you should def. visit me.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 10:56:20 PM »

I got into UNC-Chapel Hill! Smiley Smiley

Of course, my parents won't be excited for me to get into anything unless its Harvard. Tongue

Congratulations!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 07:25:50 PM »

I just bumped into David Vitter at my workplace.  Huh

I didn't realize you were in the prostitution business
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 12:32:11 AM »

I designed a new kind of voting method that I'm going to show to my university's math dept (for my math and politics class) and see if it has any legitimate usefulness. If it turns out to be useful, who knows, maybe I can get some small municipality somewhere to try it out.

You should give us a preview of it
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »

My grandfather passed away this morning. He had prostate cancer that had spread to his bones. He had a last hurrah, enjoyed his haggis, neeps and tatties and was comfortable.

I'm so sorry to hear that Sad
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 12:14:55 AM »

Found out how I'm related to King David (and therefore Jesus) so that's cool.

That's nice and all but the important question is: can you turn water into wine?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 10:45:08 PM »

A few posts above I mentioned that an older brother of mine died a few weeks ago.  Not a single condolence response from any of you?  Ok.  Nice "community."

anvi I swear I did not see it. My heartfelt condolences. 

Yeah...a lot gets lost in this thread Sad. I'm sorry to hear that...especially as he can't have been very old.  I hope your family and his is hanging in there.

Yes, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Best of luck to you and your family. Sad
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »

I have been taking my Project Management online grad courses for the past couple of weeks. It's pretty easy, not in content as the readings are boring bullsh**t, but the format of online grad school is made for us Atlasians. It's basically an internet forum where we make (cited) threads and replies.

Perhaps the Atlas should found our own University.

The Atlas University of Cartography and Political Demographics
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »

So I have a bit of a dilemma. My family has a long-standing tradition of going to Illinois for the 4th of July-I've only missed it once, last year, because I had Governor's School, and I want to do it this year. But some of my very close friends from Governor's School are planning a trip together to Chicago, and I'd love to go too. Which should I choose?

Chicago imo

So I have a boyfriend now...which leaves me with much less free time to spam you guys about Hillary's inevitability. I'm sure you'll all be thrilled. Wink

Wink

I'm so sorry Sad
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 01:28:50 AM »

Met Ted today it was fabulous, also got a selfie with the presidential selfie girls.

who?

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »

Ohhhh

They're sisters that were featured in some news stories because they're trying to take a selfie with each one of the Republican candidates.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 02:05:00 AM »

My father (former Paulite) claims to have voted for Sanders in NH primary. Unsure how truthful that is.

My Indian immigrant, Hillary 08 supporting mother now #FeelsTheBern...

Wonderful news!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies