Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:29:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 171046 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: October 06, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »

My School does an exchange program with Pakistan wherein some students come to the U.S. for a month. At the end of the month, they go to DC for a week with some students from my HS, and I have been selected! Smiley

Less fun-ly, I have to work on college applications. UNC is due on Oct. 15th, and I'm wildly behind.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:08:44 PM »

Applied to York College of PA today. Hopefully going to apply to Millersville and IUP tomorrow.

Is there some sort of requirement that Atlasians must attend Millersville? Sawx, Snowstalker, and now 20RP12?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »

Applied to York College of PA today. Hopefully going to apply to Millersville and IUP tomorrow.

Is there some sort of requirement that Atlasians must attend Millersville? Sawx, Snowstalker, and now 20RP12?

Snowstalker doesn't live there. Somehow 20RP12 got roped into applying though.

I thought you said you had class with him...
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

I'm so sorry for all of y'all who having bad psychiatric episodes; I know it stinks, and we up here in onlineland are willing to support you. Smiley

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 04:47:03 AM »

I'm feeling more suicidal than I have in...weeks.

Nathan, you're one of the few bright spots on this dreadful forum. I want you to know that.
Exactly.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »

My depression has gone from 'worrying' through 'damaging' to 'debilitating'. I tried to kill myself earlier. I couldn't go for my daily bike ride because I cried so hard that I pulled several muscles. Opinion of Nathan: Insane and a mega-HP.

Absolutely check out those links that shua put up there. They can definitely help you out with all of this. We here on the forum all love you--you are definitely one of the nicest people I have known. As Sanchez said, you don't deserve to be this miserable. Please check those mental health peoples. They can help. Smiley
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 08:12:14 PM »

So I might be distantly related to Deval Patrick.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »

Well, I'm more just being a smart ass. "Might be" and "distantly" are qualifiers that leave things pretty loose... Tongue

I was watching one of those genealogy tv shows and Deval Patrick was on it. Genetically, Patrick is 30% white and so they were trying to find his white ancestors. They found a dude who almost certainly was the father of one of his ancestors, and he shared a last name with some of my ancestors.

Additionally, from the glimpse I caught of that guy's family tree it looked like one of his parents was born in the same small Virginia town which has been home to that side of my family for a while.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »

It kind of sucked having to work today on Christmas Eve (luckily, I (and everyone else) got off at 4, but still) though we're having a good night as a family.

Lucky. I got off at 7:30. Sad
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »

I am sooo sick of applying to colleges....

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »

Oh, a bunch. I've already applied to UNC, Alabama, NC State, Tufts, Harvard, ASU. I'm applying to Georgetown, American, GW, and Reed. I've been accepted already at Alabama and ASU. I have no chance at most of these places, but I figure I'll apply anyway.

Eurrgh, and now I can't find the freaking ACT score report that has the info I need to send my scores. Sad
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 10:10:44 PM »

Eurrgh, and now I can't find the freaking ACT score report that has the info I need to send my scores. Sad
Ugh, I had that exact same problem!

What'd ya do?

How are yer applications, anyway?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

Ugh, I had that exact same problem!

What'd ya do?

How are yer applications, anyway?
I had to reset my passwords for SAT and ACT results and sent them in electronically. I only applied to Tallahassee Community College with the goal of going to FSU after a year in order to catch up on some Spanish credits and get adjusted to the pressures of college.

Cool! Tallahassee, from what I hear, is a very nice town.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 06:30:14 PM »

Finished my last applications. Home free at last!

Wait, except I have to do interviews and scholarships. And decide on which school I'm going to go to. Which will probably end up being UNC vs. Alabama vs. Whatever the most prestigious school I get into is, if I get into a prestigious school.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 09:57:25 PM »

I got into UNC-Chapel Hill! Smiley Smiley

Of course, my parents won't be excited for me to get into anything unless its Harvard. Tongue
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 11:39:18 PM »

So I have a bit of a dilemma. My family has a long-standing tradition of going to Illinois for the 4th of July-I've only missed it once, last year, because I had Governor's School, and I want to do it this year. But some of my very close friends from Governor's School are planning a trip together to Chicago, and I'd love to go too. Which should I choose?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »

I have a professor who loves to shout about THE PRICE OF GOLD! At first I got a silent chuckle out of it, but then I realized his initials, momentarily horrified - J.J. (R-PA). Surprise

Really? Do you go to school in Philly?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 03:47:35 PM »

I watched A Room with a View with my not-quite-girlfriend. A Room with a View has a reputation as an archetypal lesbian date movie, even though it's about straight people, and it definitely worked very well in this case.

Yay! Smiley
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 10:11:34 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Madeline Sad ! I know things are tough, but you can't do that. I'll be thinking of you.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 09:13:30 PM »

Eurggh, so I have shinksy situation. For next year I'm trying to pick a roommate, and two of my friends have offered to room with me. The problem is is that I would definitely like to room with one, but the other asked me first and seems to believe that I've agreed to it--even though I haven't. And I don't want to hurt his feelings. What should I do?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »

So I have a good friend of mine from high school who's at college with me. She's a good, nice, and smart person, but in college I've been hanging out with different friends and so we've drifted apart some. The problem is is that the drifting has mostly been on my end of things; she hasn't made any friends in college. This is complicated by the fact that she has schizoaffective disorder, and I think she is entering to a depressed episode, so I want to support her but I'm not really sure of the best way to do so since she's been able to keep her mental health pretty well managed since the time I've known her. The trouble is is that, for the past few days, she's been inviting me to do things constantly, with the expectation that basically all of my time to hang out with friends should be with her. She invited me out to dinner last night, but I wasn't able to go with her, because I had already made plans, but then she sent me a very anxious and depressed sounding text about how lonely and sad she was. I don't how to handle this--I'm really her only support in college at the moment, but I also don't know the first thing about how to support her, and I have a hard time spending time with my other friends since she sort expects to eat every meal with her, spend lots of free time with her, etc. I don't know what to do Sad
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »

I don't how to handle this--I'm really her only support in college at the moment, but I also don't know the first thing about how to support her, and I have a hard time spending time with my other friends since she sort expects to eat every meal with her, spend lots of free time with her, etc. I don't know what to do Sad

Have you considered trying to help her meet some new people? If you're looking to help her, that would be the best thing to do. You seem like a good friend, but at the same time, you can't always be a crutch for her at the expense of all other things important to you. You do have to look out for your own well-being, too. On the other hand, maybe she likes you instead of just being lonely?

I don't think she likes me; I'm gay and she knows that.

Which sort of leads to the other concern I have; she's very different than my main group of friends but since they all live in the same dorm she's started inviting herself along to our get-togethers...but she doesn't ever say anything in the conversations and I sort of get stressed out about her because it seems like she's not having fun. Last night, for instance, she tagged along to some cooking that my friends were doing, and just sat at the table without talking. It makes me feel like I'm responsible for her. After a while in their, some of my other friends decided to go watch this tv show we've been binging and I went with, but I was anxious the whole time because she had stayed back.

I just don't really think that she'd really be comfortable around that friend group; I'm sure the only reason she was there was because I was. It's just stressful to have her constantly wanting to spend time with me; she's texted me twice today wanting to hang out, and texted me 4 times yesterday--the only reason there weren't more was because she came to cooking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies