The Federalist Party: October 2014 Convention (Voting on Convention City) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:08:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party: October 2014 Convention (Voting on Convention City) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Federalist Party: October 2014 Convention (Voting on Convention City)  (Read 7628 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: December 10, 2014, 04:24:36 PM »

Just dropping in because there's been some confusion about your party's midterm conventions.

I moved to amend the by-laws to remove these conventions from the schedule some time ago. They were a bitch to run, and oftentimes we still had business going on in the thread for the last convention; it didn't make sense to uproot everything and move it to a new place. We also found that not too much was even going on for the midterms. We'd have, like, two candidates running, and opening up a convention just for that seemed unnecessary. The goal was to make our conventions meaningful and important. Six per year watered down their importance. The party agreed with me and voted to eliminate them.

That being said, the current Federalist Party by-laws are very specific about a ton of dates and other obscure things. The rules had gotten us in trouble in the past, so I wanted to make sure they were clear. The thing is, under my leadership as well as the leadership of subsequent chairmen, we didn't really follow some of the rules.

I know it's not a giant priority for a struggling party, but my advice is to take a look at the by-laws and see where they can be watered down. I'm more than happy to help and give advice whenever needed, but it would be great if you could get to a place where the rules are clear and easy to understand, not laborious to read. The by-laws can be quite challenging at times, even for me. And I wrote them. Tongue

Best of luck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies