Amendment to the Fair De-Registration Rights Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:43:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment to the Fair De-Registration Rights Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment to the Fair De-Registration Rights Act (Failed)  (Read 1741 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: October 06, 2014, 10:34:30 PM »

Why are there any restrictions on reregistration? If someone just wants to take a break from Atlasia, it makes sense to deregister just so they can avoid Atlasia-related PM's. I see no reason why they should have to face any consequences for taking a short break.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »

The issue is not only that someone wants to lock themselves out of the game. They may simply want to not be bothered by Atlasia-related PM's and the like.

Again, I fail to see any negatives to maintaining the option of deregistration. Yes, there are people who deregister and then reregister soon afterward. So what? What negative impact is that having on the game?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 08:14:43 PM »

I definitely don't think that increasing the time limit entails less work for the RG and I've said as much earlier. It would though provide a serious consequence to people who deregister, where at the moment it's not really that serious.

If there was any evidence that even some people who deregistered were people who were planning to fade into inactivity and never come back then that would be one thing, but I don't think that's ever actually happened. The only people who deregister are those who are going to participate again almost straight away.
Again, what is the downside of people deregistering and returning soon afterward? You previously claimed it overburdens the RG but Fritz has denied that so I see no actual negative impacts of deregisteration.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:15 PM »

I definitely don't think that increasing the time limit entails less work for the RG and I've said as much earlier. It would though provide a serious consequence to people who deregister, where at the moment it's not really that serious.

If there was any evidence that even some people who deregistered were people who were planning to fade into inactivity and never come back then that would be one thing, but I don't think that's ever actually happened. The only people who deregister are those who are going to participate again almost straight away.
Again, what is the downside of people deregistering and returning soon afterward? You previously claimed it overburdens the RG but Fritz has denied that so I see no actual negative impacts of deregisteration.

Now that's just not true.

I said a deregistration system is more work having no such system. I claimed the advantage to abolishing deregistration would be it would lighten the RG's workload.

I claimed the advantage to increasing the time limit is it means the act of deregistering has a consequence, and I never said anything about Fritz's workload here. Now most of us, including fritz agree there should be some consequence to deregistering, the question at the moment before us is whether the current consequence is enough.
Why should there be a consequence for deregistering?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 04:13:45 PM »

Nay

Why do you need a special process to depart from the game? That is the question you should be asking, Deus. Tongue
Because you want to avoid Atlasia-related PM's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies