Amendment to the Fair De-Registration Rights Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment to the Fair De-Registration Rights Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment to the Fair De-Registration Rights Act (Failed)  (Read 1729 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: October 19, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »

Nobody has asked for my opinion of this.  Why is that?

I see no reason for making any change.  There was a time when de-registration was not allowed, and of course there was a battle in the senate to pass a bill permitting it.  My opinion is, de-registration absolutely should be allowed, as it removes some clutter from the rolls of people who intend to be inactive.  There must be some time limit before returning, or else the whole concept of de-registering is pretty meaningless.  Making de-registration a permanent thing would block potentially active members from contributing, and would hurt the game overall.  Extending the time limit to 6 months would, again, block potentially active members from contributing, at least for an additional 4 months, which would be harmful to the game.  The 60 day rule seems to me to be an appropriate length of time.  I therefore oppose this bill, but will abide by it if passed.

As for my workload, I honestly think I have the easiest job in Atlasia, and I will keep it as long as Presidents let me.  Cheesy  Seriously, though, the proposed bill would actually increase my workload, not reduce it. 

Well, the person whose views are most important in this matter have been heard. I personally have issues with people who have hissy-fits then de-register, then decide that they've changed their minds. But that's probably not something that requires this level of action.

I wouldn't mind the inclusion of a 24-hour cooling-off period, where they can withdraw registration actions within 24 hours without penalty.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 06:20:07 PM »

ABSTAIN
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies