Not-so-ready-for-Hillary: Some big $ Dem. donors not on Clinton bandwagon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:14:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Not-so-ready-for-Hillary: Some big $ Dem. donors not on Clinton bandwagon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not-so-ready-for-Hillary: Some big $ Dem. donors not on Clinton bandwagon  (Read 1244 times)
Chilltown
Rookie
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:28:43 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2014, 12:32:13 PM by Chilltown »

there's no way forward for a challenger in the primaries.

A challenger* is inevitable. The Democratic Party is far too diverse for a candidate to satisfy everybody in the early contests. As the presumed nominee, Clinton will not be able to take a lot of stances that satisfy a lot of the more activist types, which creates space for a challenger, and whoever this challenger is will get coverage by the media.

More than likely this challenger will be some loser congressman or something that has no chance of beating her, but I would not be surprised if Clinton was held to around 60-70% in Iowa.

*and by challenger I mean a non-negligible challenger, not a Randall Terry type.
Chilltown
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 06:36:22 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2014, 06:38:34 AM by Chilltown »

Yeah, I'm still not voting for Hillary. If Bernie Sanders runs, he's got my vote.

Which doesn't mean she won't get the nomination or win the Presidency. It's hers. I don't know why we even have to undergo the whole primary and general election process. No matter what, she's going to be President*

* = unless she like...dies or something. God forbid.

I'm sure the Clintons have a back up plan in that case. They probably have some sort of clone vessel for Hillary to store her soul (if she has one) into in case of untimely death like Emperor Palpatine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies