The Office of Former President Lief
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:46:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President Lief
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Office of Former President Lief  (Read 10221 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »
« edited: June 23, 2015, 02:10:51 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Hello, thank you. I come here today to announce the creation of the Lief for Senate Exploratory Committee. In the coming weeks and months I intend to travel Atlasia, meeting with the hardworking Atlasian men and women that make this Nation so great.

Since I have been active in Atlasia, it seems that malignant elements have led it down the path of decay. I believe the vast silent majority of Atlasians agree with my assessment. I hope to gain their support as I explore the possibility of running for Senate next time there is a Senate election.

So far, it is still early days, but my platform is as follows:

Standing up for True Atlasian Family Values
The heart of Atlasia is the family, usually a man, another man, and one or two adopted children. And what makes this family so strong and enduring is that neither of those men happen to be blood relatives. Unfortunately, recent developments have eroded the Atlasian family. If I run for Senate and am elected, I promise to make incest illegal again, throughout our great Nation. Because apparently you monsters legalized it.

Independence for Vermont
As a lifelong resident (for purposes of Atlas Fantasy Elections) of Vermont, I believe that it is well past time that the good people of my state be allowed to determine their own future. Thus, if I run for the Senate and am elected, I will push for a legally binding independence referendum to be held in Vermont as soon as possible.

Recognizing our Nation's Great Artistic Achievements
The arts are absolutely essential to our great national character. Thus, if I run for Senate and am elected, I will propose a bill to turn the entire state of Oklahoma into a museum/amusement park celebrating the Update Saga, creating 8 million jobs and causing the extinction of several unlovable animal and plant species.  

Thank you, and God Bless.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »

What are your thoughts on the Ganonsyonian Revolution?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 05:19:24 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

Incest was legalized?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:20 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2014, 05:33:54 PM by ℒief »

It appears that it was legalized in some parts of the country, yes. Brothers and sisters, grandfathers and granddaughters, uncles and nephews are getting married in the Northeast as we speak.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »

It appears that it was legalized in some parts of the country, yes. Brothers and sisters, grandfathers and granddaughters, uncles and nephews are getting married in the Northeast as we speak.

And fornicating together in giant group orgies, no doubt. I knew "group marriages" were now legal, but incest? Gracious!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »

I endorse this freedom campaign
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 11:21:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What's wrong with two brothers adopting a child or two? Huh
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 11:28:31 PM »

I'd support Lief, but like won't register to vote because like the corporations bought both sides mannnn.  Vote doesn't matter broooo.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 12:23:29 PM »

Liiiiiiiiiiief!!!!

Your return in Atlasia would obviously be awesome because you're basically a FANTASTIC guy, but you're wrong on something Sad. Being elected Senator, you couldn't fight incest, because this is a state issue! If you want to fight incest in the Northeast, you should run IN the Northeast Tongue.

Hope to hear more about you!!!!!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »

Liiiiiiiiiiief!!!!

Your return in Atlasia would obviously be awesome because you're basically a FANTASTIC guy, but you're wrong on something Sad. Being elected Senator, you couldn't fight incest, because this is a state issue! If you want to fight incest in the Northeast, you should run IN the Northeast Tongue.

Hope to hear more about you!!!!!

I'm pretty sure federal law trumps state law.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »

First of all, I would like to thank the great out-pouring of support and well wishes since I announced the formation of this committee. Already the letters are pouring in from across the country urging me to run.

I would like to address some of the rumors circulating currently. There has been talk that I have been bought by corporate interests. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have no time for those lazy big time Wall Street crooks, and I assure you they will have no place or influence in my Senate office, should I choose to run. I much prefer to associate with the hard-working small time crooks that make our Nation so great: the slumlords, the petty grifters, and the suspiciously wealthy inner city religious leaders.

On the incest question, my lawyers are looking into the possibility of introducing legislation federally that would ban incest. If that does not work, we would be willing to look at a constitutional amendment and/or more narrowly tailored laws defining federal marriage benefits and the like.

I enjoyed my time in regional government, serving as Lt. Governor and then Governor for nearly a year, but I believe my bold and fundamentally transformative vision for our Great Nation can only be achieved at the federal level.

Thank you again for all your well wishes and question, and God Bless.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »

how bout some Lief/BK for old time's sake
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 03:47:56 PM »

Does Atlasia not have term limits?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 06:54:54 PM »

Does Atlasia not have term limits?

Only for consecutive terms homie
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »

Interesting...

When is the deadline for declaring for things?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 07:53:15 PM »

I will support Lief in literally anything he does in life, real or actual. FF, Great.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 09:15:17 PM »

Interesting...

When is the deadline for declaring for things?

IIRC it has to be at least a week before the election, so declarations for the October Presidential race would have to be before the 16th
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:18 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2014, 02:10:34 PM by Lief »

ANNOUNCEMENT

Thank you all for being here today. I have a very important announcement. After much soul-searching and prayer, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring and run for Northeast Senate. Now, it won't be easy, I know that. My opponents have millions of dollars to spend, and the powerful pro-incest lobby will be backing them up with tens of millions more. But I believe regular, hard-working Atlasians are sick and tired of business as usual and ready to vote for me.

I will also be endorsing Al for President and Winfield for Governor. Both are visionary leaders, and I look forward to working with them once we are all elected. Thank you and God bless.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 02:09:05 PM »

endorsed
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »

No doubt you're aware that I'm completely opposed to incest.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 04:06:01 PM »

Endorzed
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 04:08:59 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2014, 04:12:56 PM by Lief »

BREAKING: Candidate Lief calls for the President's Impeachment

In a bold move today, former President Lief, a candidate for Northeast Senate this October, called on the Senate to introduce and vote on articles of impeachment. "The President has made a colossal mistake in dealing with the secessionist movement. When he should be showing strength, he has shown weakness. When he should be leading, he has surrendered."

Lief is the first candidate in the Northeast senate race to call for the president's impeachment.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 06:14:40 PM »

BREAKING: Lief campaigns in New York City; Wins endorsements of leading corrupt clergymen and slumlords

OCTOBER 18, Harlem, NY: Former President Lief swung through Manhattan and the Bronx today. Backed by numerous community leaders, he blasted the reigning political establishment. "This country is rapidly going down the drain," he shouted at bewildered customers enjoying a meal in a local diner. "Brothers marrying brothers, sisters marrying sisters. Meanwhile, our President is AWOL, our Governor is doing who knows what, and meat prices are through the roof."

At another campaign stop later in the day, Lief spoke to a crowd of loiterers gathered outside a local liquor store. There he outlined his four point plan for making Atlasia great again: federally-funded free school brunches, impeaching and imprisoning the President for treason, a constitutional amendment banning incest, and making gogurt Atlasia's official snack. He also promised to funnel tens of millions of dollars of pork to the Northeast, by trying to insert it into every bill that passes the Senate.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »

Endorsed
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies