The Office of Former President Lief
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:17:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President Lief
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Office of Former President Lief  (Read 10206 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »

Senate Office Closed Tomorrow

Due to what we believe is a credible threat received earlier this morning from the same right-wing terror group that has been carrying out cowardly attacks on my Comrade-Senators recently, I have decided to close my Nyman Senate office and all regional Senate offices tomorrow. The safety of my hard-working staff and cadre of unpaid interns is paramount, and we will not take any risks. All relevant information has been forwarded to the Attorney General and Secretary of Internal Affairs.

I hope these monstrous, anti-democratic enemies of the People are brought to justice as soon as possible.

They aren't right wing. They've went after politicos left, right and center.

The nutjobs are a right-wing paramilitary group in Idaho and Montana.  Presumably they're right-wing the way something like the Neo-Nazi groups based in places like Idaho are right-wing.  In other words, they are lunatics who are part of the outermost fringe of the far-right.  Legend we say this group appears to be part of the fringe right, no one is comparing you or any other conservative politicians to them and if anyone does, rest assured that I and plenty of others on the left and center-left will vocally condem such smears.  That said, we have to acknowledge what this group appears to be: a far-right fringe assortment of the insane, the ignorant, and the immoral.  

Rather than arguing about how to describe this group's ideology, we must focus on how crush these terrorists before they murder anyone else.  For this reason, I will introducing comprehensive legislation later this week designed to prevent this group from gaining a foothold in the Southeast while respecting the civil liberties of the Atlasian people.  I would encourage the legislatures of Atlasia's other regions to do the same.  Once again, however, we must all remember that these terrorists are powerless against us if we stay true to our values.  Like all terrorists, they can only win if we become a fearful nation and begin questioning each other's patriotism and abandoning the common values that bind us together.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »

Due to what we believe is a credible threat received earlier this morning from the same right-wing terror group that has been carrying out cowardly attacks on my Comrade-Senators recently, I have decided to close my Nyman Senate office and all regional Senate offices tomorrow. The safety of my hard-working staff and cadre of unpaid interns is paramount, and we will not take any risks. All relevant information has been forwarded to the Attorney General and Secretary of Internal Affairs.

I hope these monstrous, anti-democratic enemies of the People are brought to justice as soon as possible.

The nutjobs are a right-wing paramilitary group in Idaho and Montana.  Presumably they're right-wing the way something like the Neo-Nazi groups based in places like Idaho are right-wing.  In other words, they are lunatics who are part of the outermost fringe of the far-right.  Legend we say this group appears to be part of the fringe right, no one is comparing you or any other conservative politicians to them and if anyone does, rest assured that I and plenty of others on the left and center-left will vocally condem such smears.  That said, we have to acknowledge what this group appears to be: a far-right fringe assortment of the insane, the ignorant, and the immoral. 

Rather than arguing about how to describe this group's ideology, we must focus on how crush these terrorists before they murder anyone else.  For this reason, I will introducing comprehensive legislation later this week designed to prevent this group from gaining a foothold in the Southeast while respecting the civil liberties of the Atlasian people.  I would encourage the legislatures of Atlasia's other regions to do the same.  Once again, however, we must all remember that these terrorists are powerless against us if we stay true to our values.  Like all terrorists, they can only win if we become a fearful nation and begin questioning each other's patriotism and abandoning the common values that bind us together.

In Atlasia, that part of the country is pretty left-wing. I think you've noticed by now that politics here != politics in the United States. Tongue

I do agree, though that we should not be wasting time assigning an ideology to this group. We must unite against these wanton acts of violence and intimidation that threaten the integrity of our democratic process.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »

The nutjobs are a right-wing paramilitary group in Idaho and Montana.  Presumably they're right-wing the way something like the Neo-Nazi groups based in places like Idaho are right-wing.  In other words, they are lunatics who are part of the outermost fringe of the far-right.  Legend we say this group appears to be part of the fringe right, no one is comparing you or any other conservative politicians to them and if anyone does, rest assured that I and plenty of others on the left and center-left will vocally condem such smears.  That said, we have to acknowledge what this group appears to be: a far-right fringe assortment of the insane, the ignorant, and the immoral. 

Rather than arguing about how to describe this group's ideology, we must focus on how crush these terrorists before they murder anyone else.  For this reason, I will introducing comprehensive legislation later this week designed to prevent this group from gaining a foothold in the Southeast while respecting the civil liberties of the Atlasian people.  I would encourage the legislatures of Atlasia's other regions to do the same.  Once again, however, we must all remember that these terrorists are powerless against us if we stay true to our values.  Like all terrorists, they can only win if we become a fearful nation and begin questioning each other's patriotism and abandoning the common values that bind us together.

In Atlasia, that part of the country is pretty left-wing. I think you've noticed by now that politics here != politics in the United States. Tongue

I do agree, though that we should not be wasting time assigning an ideology to this group. We must unite against these wanton acts of violence and intimidation that threaten the integrity of our democratic process.

The GM said the group was based in Idaho and Montana Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2015, 02:10:32 PM »

My point is comparing them to neonazi groups based there IRL may not be terribly accurate, because Idaho and Montana here are not like Idaho and Montana IRL.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2015, 02:15:06 PM »

My point is comparing them to neonazi groups based there IRL may not be terribly accurate, because Idaho and Montana here are not like Idaho and Montana IRL.

True, but I think it was pretty clear what I meant.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2015, 02:30:10 PM »

I just re-read the GM reports and I noticed that the PMA was founded by a white supremacist, so my bad for picking a bone with you there.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »

Statement on Today's Attacks

Our thoughts and prayers are with those innocents who were injured and lost their lives today, as well as with their families and friends. As Senator, I will do everything in my power to support government efforts to bring the cowardly murderers who perpetrated this attack against the Atlasian People to justice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2015, 07:47:50 AM »

I just re-read the GM reports and I noticed that the PMA was founded by a white supremacist, so my bad for picking a bone with you there.

I'd like to adress this thing anyway.

I agree that Atlasia is not the RL United States and the Atlasian Midwest is diffrent. However, while there are no militia types among the players registered there, we still operate with the "general population" and I can't see why there shouldn't be a militia problem, even though on much lesser scale.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2015, 08:07:38 AM »

I am dispatching a special unit of the Nat Turner Brigade for the purposes of guarding your person and your office, Senator. I too concur in the need to bring these criminals to justice with all due haste.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2015, 11:27:03 PM »

Senator Lief Meets with Members of the 'Nat Turner Brigade'

Senator Lief met with a small squadron of workers' militia members sent to help protect him and his staff, as well as supporters and members of the press, today. He gave the following remarks:

"First of all, I would like to once again share my deepest, deepest condolences with those affected by the terrorist attacks this week. These cowardly actions are shameful and indefensible, and these so-called 'patriots' are the truest enemy of the People.

Second, I would like to thank my good friend and trusted Comrade, Senator TNF, for deploying these fine young men and women, to help us out here in the Northeast. The Nat Turner Brigade is, in my opinion, a shining beacon and example to all Atlasian Workers. They truly exemplify the solidarity, the bravery, and the dedication that defines the Atlasian Worker.

I urge all able-bodied Atlasian Workers to follow their example, to take up arms where possible, and be ready to defend yourself. We do not condone violence, we do not condone sedition--as some of our misinformed critics, well-being though they may be, contend. Instead we stand as a bulwark against aggression and reaction, ready to defend ourselves and our comrades."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2015, 11:28:25 PM »

PRESS ALERT

Senator Lief will be giving a speech at Naropa College's Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics tomorrow afternoon, after privately visiting with a small group of students and faculty. He intends to make a major announcement.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2015, 11:36:13 PM »

LIEF 4 SENATE
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2015, 12:43:32 AM »

Indeed!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »

Campaign Announcement

Thank you all for being here today! I have a lot to say today, most of it concerning last night's season premier of the hit television show "Mad Men." But before I get to that, I would like to make a major announcement regarding my political future.

About half a year ago now, I came out of retirement. I did not do this for personal glory or the pursuit of power; no, I did it because the Nation needed me. The People were crying out for a champion, someone to stand up against the special interests, the reactionaries, and the social decay. My home region, the beautiful Northeast, was wracked by civil war and terrorism. Our federal government had all but collapsed. And all manner of legally protected incestual fornication was shaking our country's foundations to the very core.

We lost that first race, unfortunately. And in the two months after that race, things got even worse. One of the worst presidential administrations in this country's history came to power. Lawlessness reigned. Inflation skyrocketed. Every day, a new political witchhunt was announced. And the steady drumbeat of sibling genitals mashing against one another continued to echo across this land. So we ran again. And this time, we won.

That victory sent a message to the special interests and career politicians in Nyman. It sent a message that the People were mad as hell with the status quo, that the old way of doing things was unacceptable. And in the months since, we have steadily beat back the forces of reaction. The People's voice is being heard louder than ever today. But the war is not yet won. My work, on the People's behalf, is not yet done. And for that reason, today I announce that I am running for re-election to the Senate. In the coming weeks, I will be traveling all across this great country, speaking my message of common-sense independent pragmatism to all who will hear me. And, I challenge my opponents, all of them, to seventeen Lincoln-Douglas style debates, to be held across the country leading up to the election. I hope they take up my offer.

Thank you for being here today, and I look forward to the upcoming campaign. God bless you all, and God bless Atlasia.

[Senator Lief exists the stage to the triumphant tunes of Steve Winwood]
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »

Heartily endorsed.

Senator Lief deserves reelection.

He is a pragmatic, common sense Senator, and he has stood with me in opposing the insane policies, the putting children at risk policies, the incestuous policies, the anything goes policies, and the absolutely monstrous policies,  that the Northeast in past legislatures has, for some inexplicable reason, passed.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2015, 08:59:15 PM »

Thank you for the kind words and support, friends!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »

ENDORSED

And the steady drumbeat of sibling genitals mashing against one another continued to echo across this land. So we ran again.

I just want you to know that I have never laughed out loud so much at a post from this board as I just did.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2015, 11:30:45 PM by Lief 🐋 »

CAMPAIGN STOP -- Los Angeles, California

Thank you all for being here today! As you can see I've had to take some extra precautions; it seems that senatorial candidates are being arrested left and right in this region! I'd like to thank the fine volunteer militia of the Nat Turner Brigade for accompanying me today. And I want to send my thoughts and prayers to fellow candidate, Mr. Poirot, and his family; we are all praying for your speedy release. On that note, I'd like to talk about a topic that is very near and dear to me, something that I have spent a lot of time on over the past few months as a Senator: the justice system.

Unfortunately, the first two months of my term were marked by perhaps the worst and most lawless administration in our Nation's history. Seemingly every day, the Lumine regime would announce another frivolous and politically motivated lawsuit. I lost count of the number of good, upstanding Labor Party members who were brought before the regime's kangaroo courts. It was a dark time in our Nation's history, but I am proud to say that I stood against this perversion of justice. With two of my fellow senators, I led the charge against to impeach the regime's notoriously inactive SoEA. And I was one of the few senators willing to stand up against the regime's INjustice Department and attempt to defund its illegal witchhunts.

Luckily the Lumine regime has now been cast into the dustbin of history, and President Bore, a true champion of the People and the Worker has replaced him. But injustice still abounds in this country. And that's why there have been few Senators as supportive of Comrade-Senator TNF's visionary and transformative "Policing the Police Act" as I have. I have consistently voted against attempts by defenders of police violence and abuse to neuter that brilliant piece of legislation. Do not listen to the smears peddled by the legislation's opponents; I have no ill will towards the police, nor do I wish to "declare war" on them. This legislation indeed seeks to strengthen and protect the police, by ensuring the worst among them are held accountable, by strengthening the relationship between police and their communities, and ending practices that only damage their credibility as an institution.

It is unfortunate that I have had to spend so much of my time in these last few months fighting against these abuses by the government of its own people, whether it be by rogue police officers or the presidential administration itself! But know this: I will continue to fight this fight, as long as the People are threatened. Since the day I threw my hat in the ring, I promised that I would always work for you, the People. I hope to earn your support on Election Day so that I can continue this fight. Thank you so much! And please stay safe; your region is ruled by a lawless madman, it seems.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2015, 08:35:04 AM »

While I can't fault your campaigning, do you feel speaking out in favour of police soviets while surrounded by armed thugs might send a bit of a dubious message?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »

Endorsed
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2015, 10:23:35 AM »

You are and have been fighting the good fight, Lief. You can count on my support.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2015, 12:49:23 PM »

While I can't fault your campaigning, do you feel speaking out in favour of police soviets while surrounded by armed thugs might send a bit of a dubious message?

The safety of my staff and supporters is paramount here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »

The safety of my staff and supporters is paramount here.

When I say somebody dies, that person dies, and there's nothing armed thugs can to do help Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »

Congrats on your return to the Senate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to: