In Defense of Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:45:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  In Defense of Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In Defense of Obama  (Read 3401 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:39 PM »

And, at least on the basic macro-economic questions, love or hate him, Paul Krugman was proven right in the past 5 or 6 years.
Such as?

-The economic stimulus worked and probably should have been even bigger and heavier on spending as opposed to tax cuts.
-QE didn't lead to a giant economic collapse or runaway inflation
-Obamacare has worked better than expected.

I'm surprised Krugman supports QE given his criticism of "trickle down economics."
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »

There's nothing racist about saying blacks and Latinos vote Democrat. The way you say it is 100% racist, but that's because you're a racist who sees everything through a racist lens.

White urban voters vote the same as black and Hispanic urban voters. The only difference is most whites are suburban/rural while most blacks and hispanics are urban.

Urbanites see the benefits of the government first hand with public transportation, public schools, public libraries, etc. Urban culture is generally aligned with Democratic Party policy.

The thriving progressive urban metropolises of South Texas, West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Southern Colorado, and the Inland Empire. The progressive cosmopolitan powerhouses in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina.

How can you be from New Mexico, and know so little about minority demography?

OMG, you managed to post an even dumber post in this thread. Kudos, brother, kudos.

What is so dumb there?   It isn't true that racial differences in voting can be accounted for by the urban/rural divide.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 12:53:33 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2014, 12:57:56 AM by shua »

There's nothing racist about saying blacks and Latinos vote Democrat. The way you say it is 100% racist, but that's because you're a racist who sees everything through a racist lens.

White urban voters vote the same as black and Hispanic urban voters. The only difference is most whites are suburban/rural while most blacks and hispanics are urban.

Urbanites see the benefits of the government first hand with public transportation, public schools, public libraries, etc. Urban culture is generally aligned with Democratic Party policy.

The thriving progressive urban metropolises of South Texas, West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Southern Colorado, and the Inland Empire. The progressive cosmopolitan powerhouses in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina.

How can you be from New Mexico, and know so little about minority demography?

OMG, you managed to post an even dumber post in this thread. Kudos, brother, kudos.

What is so dumb there?   It isn't true that racial differences in voting can be accounted for by the urban/rural divide.

There is so much dumb there that I am not sure where to start. First of all, non-white people in Louisiana and Mississippi do not vote Republican. Can we at least agree on that? Like, seriously, we need to agree on that or just commit suicide because there would be no point to living otherwise.

Ok, now that we have gotten beyond the deep south (hopefully), we can start discussing Hispanic voting patterns. Rove figured out in 2004 how to get middle class Hispanics to vote for the Republican party. Subsequently, the Republican party went on a mission to figure out how to repel such votes. If you do not understand that, then you do not understand contemporary American politics. You may want to apologize for the Republican party due to your own personal biases, but you need to understand that going nativist repels Hispanic and Asian votes, even if those individuals own their own businesses making more than $500,000 a year. It is more important to an individual that their success be celebrated and appreciated than them having to pay 3% more in taxes. Does that make sense to you? I know you are not a racist, and you may have a hard time understanding this, but many of your Republican friends and family are. That is why minorities, especially those who are doing well economically, don't vote for you guys.

At this point you may be pissed, protesting vehemently that the Democrats are just as racist as Republicans. That is not how things are perceived though, and perception is reality. I will admit that some Republicans have gotten smart about this, but it remains to be seen how successful this is. The Republicans need to push a message of prosperity regardless of race, ethnicity, religion etc. If they are successful at this, they will be successful in the near future. If they are not, then they won't be, as well off minorities vote Democrat because the alternative is a hostile Republican party.

When are Republicans going to be able to spread that message? Do they even care enough to spread that message? Are the Republicans interested in being the party of white people or well off Americans? That is a question the Republicans themselves need to answer. Are they content with being a fascist party or do they want to maintain themselves as a conservative party? That is something for the Republican party to decide for themselves.

I agree with a good portion of what you said, and it's part of why I'm not enthusiastic about the GOP even if I think a lot of the criticism of them on this board goes off the deep end. But I don't see what that has to do with the post you just said was dumb. Seems like you are responding to something else.  Do you really think that King's explanation of why minorities vote Democrat is accurate?  (From what you just posted it seems like you think it is something else) How does it account for the vote of Hispanics in rural West Texas or the vote of rural blacks in Mississippi to say that minorities vote Democrat because they appreciate urban public services?

(The Republican members of my family are no more racist than I am, btw. Maybe a bit less PC unintentionally sometimes. I'm guessing that was just a throw away phrase but that's kind of a silly thing for you to say.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies