The Ebola Thread (US Domestic) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:22:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Ebola Thread (US Domestic) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Ebola Thread (US Domestic)  (Read 8198 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 15, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »

Second Dallas Hospital employee(?) has tested positive.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/16/us/ebola-outbreak-texas.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=LedeSum&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&assetType=nyt_now
On the bright side, the initial 48 people being monitored will be clear on Sunday, and none of them have gotten sick yet.

The bigger story here is that the person was on the monitor list and traveled to and from OH. The CDC protocol is supposed to restrict people who are being watched from traveling in "uncontrolled" transport, such as a commercial airliner.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »

Second Dallas Hospital employee(?) has tested positive.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/16/us/ebola-outbreak-texas.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=LedeSum&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&assetType=nyt_now
On the bright side, the initial 48 people being monitored will be clear on Sunday, and none of them have gotten sick yet.

The bigger story here is that the person was on the monitor list and traveled to and from OH. The CDC protocol is supposed to restrict people who are being watched from traveling in "uncontrolled" transport, such as a commercial airliner.

And yet you advocate an extreme government overreaction and ban all contact with three countries.

Why is it an overreaction? Why take the risk? Why take the risk with a disease like Ebola? Are you that worried about offending African nations? I DONT CARE WHO I OFFEND. I DONT BELIEVE IN OFFENDING! I dont care who they are or what damn student visa their own, if they come from an affected nation, they shouldnt come here. PERIOD. NO GRAY AREA.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 03:31:17 PM »

Why is it an overreaction? Why take the risk? Why take the risk with a disease like Ebola? Are you that worried about offending African nations? I DONT CARE WHO I OFFEND. I DONT BELIEVE IN OFFENDING! I dont care who they are or what damn student visa their own, if they come from an affected nation, they shouldnt come here. PERIOD. NO GRAY AREA.
What does the Reagan quote have to do with that?

That listening to the Center for Disease Confusion is pointless. The government cant run a cathouse.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »

What does the Reagan quote have to do with that?

That listening to the Center for Disease Confusion is pointless. The government cant run a cathouse.

Who do you believe would be closing the borders?

Your question is redundant. The government already missed their chance because the liberals in power care about the feelings of non-Americans more than the safety of Americans.

Seal the border, stop the flights. Sorry, but until things cool down that's the way it should be. I don't care who gets offended, or whose feelings get *sniffle sniffle* hurt. We're dealing with life and death.

This used to be such a great country until 50 years ago when we began feeling sorry for everyone. The second we lost our spine everything went to crap.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »

The problem with Obama is that he doesn't want to play the political game. Would closing the border actually do anything to solve the problem? No. But it's the optics that count here. You gotta make the people feel like something is being done, even if it's all theater.

Thank you, Leaf
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »

The problem with Obama is that he doesn't want to play the political game. Would closing the border actually do anything to solve the problem? No. But it's the optics that count here. You gotta make the people feel like something is being done, even if it's all theater.

Thank you, Leaf

So you're willing to admit you care more about the theater than actually doing something worthwhile?

Appearances do matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies