Office of Attorney General Bacon King
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Attorney General Bacon King
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Attorney General Bacon King  (Read 678 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2014, 05:05:24 PM »

Hello I am Attorney General now and this is my office.

I shall begin my term by initiating prosecuting against seditious elements of our community by filing the appropriate charges under the R-CCJA.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:44:39 PM »

Anyone who is personally in violation of, or member of any group that is in violation of, any Act of Treason under the terms of the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act is hereby ordered to stand down, cease and desist all treasonous activities, and publicly reaffirm their allegiance to Atlasia. Charges will be filed against those who do not comply within twenty-four hours. Please note that the maximum punishment for any of these crimes (quoted below for your convenience) is a lifetime ban of voting and officeholding at any level of Atlasian government.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »

I know snowstalker appointed me to his Junta or whatever it's called, so I'm guessing I have to do this.   

I reaffirm my allegiance to atlasia.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »

I know snowstalker appointed me to his Junta or whatever it's called, so I'm guessing I have to do this.   

I reaffirm my allegiance to atlasia.

Awesome, you will not be charged.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 06:56:41 PM »

Notice: this thread shall be considered the "official thread of updates pertaining to whatever litigation may result as a consequence of" the Attorney General Reform Act
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »

Last four presidents now have their executive orders on the wiki

Note the formatting is terrible because I don't know how to do the wiki and also there are no hyperlinks in almost anything I added because of laziness

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Executive_Orders
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 10:55:18 PM »

I have taken the unorthodox step of suing the President while serving as a member of his Cabinet. I believe this is necessary to prevent the creation of a terrible precedent that would give Presidents free reign to redraw the maps of the states. Also it'd be really weird for newbies to get the hang of different states like that, and it would make mapmaking way too hard. I hope this does not interrupt the strong working relationship I have had with President Cranberry, and I caution him against any reckless and politically motivated terminations in his Cabinet at this time, as such a may easily be construed as obstruction of justice.

Thank you and Dave bless Atlasia. I will now answer questions from the public.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »

Cranberry has committed treason against Atlasia and against the Northeast Region, by dealing with traitors and by presuming to carve up the Northeast Region.

How dare he.

He deserves nothing less than impeachment.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 02:32:11 AM »

Cranberry has committed treason against Atlasia and against the Northeast Region, by dealing with traitors and by presuming to carve up the Northeast Region.

How dare he.

Because what Atlasia needs is yet another succession crisis...

I understand if you're arguing that Cranberry did extend his authority, but treason? Come on.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 05:30:48 AM »

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »

I can see your standpoint, Bacon King; and I want to be assured that I do not consider this in any way as "back-stabbing", rather your actions as those of a concerned citizen. I stand the same behind my Attorney General as ever!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »

How dare he.

I understand if you're arguing that Cranberry did extend his authority, but treason? Come on.

Just who exactly in the Republic of Atlasia, what government legislators or government officials, did Cranberry consult before announcing he was negotiating a compromise with the secessionists?

The compromise to my understanding was to carve up the Northeast Region giving part of it to the secessionists.

I do not call this negotiation.  I call this caving in to the demands of secessionists, traitors, and terrorists.

Since when does the Chief Executive of a sovereign nation, whose responsibility it is to promote national unity and regional understanding, give parts of the nation to those who have betrayed the very nation of which they are a part?

I believe under these circumstances the word treason applies. 

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 03:21:03 PM »

How dare he.

Just who exactly in the Republic of Atlasia, what government legislators or government officials, did Cranberry consult before announcing he was negotiating a compromise with the secessionists?

The compromise to my understanding was to carve up the Northeast Region giving part of it to the secessionists.

I do not call this negotiation.  I call this caving in to the demands of secessionists, traitors, and terrorists.

Since when does the Chief Executive of a sovereign nation, whose responsibility it is to promote national unity and regional understanding, give parts of the nation to those who have betrayed the very nation of which they are a part?

I believe under these circumstances the word treason applies. 

Great then - call me a traitor if you wish, for trying to preserve this very national unity you speak of. Instead of further bloodshed or endless legal disputes I wanted to get peace back to your region, through autonomy (" give parts of the nation to (..) "), which I saw as an innovative and interesting thing for us all. But I see...

And just once again (and hopefully for the last) which authority did I extend, what did I do that would have been illegal before the law? I appointed a negotiator, we discussed what they wanted, I went to the public with what could become reality, I contaced Talleyrand - I did not get further, but this is of no matter. I did not do a single thing that had or has any effects whatsoever. I did not issue an executive order to make this law - this clearly would have never been in my power. Quite to the contrary, I simply negotiated with Alfred to see what he wanted to retreat back to Atlasia, and then stated in a public speech what we two would like to see implemented, before proceeding to negotiating with Tallyrand and the Northeast Government.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2014, 04:38:28 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Cranberry, what you and Alfred wanted to do was to carve up the Northeast Region, part of the sovereign nation of Atlasia, so that Alfred could achieve his territorial ambitions and as you believe would bring peace and stability to Atlasia and bring an end to endless legal disputes.

I believe it would do just the opposite.  It would open up the flood gates to every secessionist group in Atlasia to make demands and claim territory.

Further, I fail to see any basis for your belief that this compromise would bring an end to the endless legal disputes, as you call them.  The secessionists and Alfred have no basis whatsoever in law by claiming any part of Atlasia.  

No Chief Executive of any sovereign nation should ever make such a compromise.

No Chief Executive of a nation should ever give up part of that nation to appease anybody.

I know this went only as far as the proposal stage, however, your intent to pursue this proposal to the point of giving part of the Northeast, and by extension part of Atlasia, to the secessionists, was certainly evident.

I would think in any jurisdiction it would be illegal for the Chief Executive of the nation to enter into talks with an enemy entity with the proposal to cede part of that jurisdiction to said enemy.    

I know you have your reasoning, but I disagree with it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »

Mr. Winfield, you're being particularly unreasonable today.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 10:33:02 PM »

Mr. Winfield, you're being particularly unreasonable today.

I know.  We should all just agree on everything and be one big happy family.

But that wouldn't be very much fun.

But I'm sure I can count on you for your first choice vote the next time I run for President, right?  Smiley

That is of course, if there is a next time.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 03:45:57 AM »

Cranberry, what you and Alfred wanted to do was to carve up the Northeast Region, part of the sovereign nation of Atlasia, so that Alfred could achieve his territorial ambitions and as you believe would bring peace and stability to Atlasia and bring an end to endless legal disputes.

I believe it would do just the opposite.  It would open up the flood gates to every secessionist group in Atlasia to make demands and claim territory.

Further, I fail to see any basis for your belief that this compromise would bring an end to the endless legal disputes, as you call them.  The secessionists and Alfred have no basis whatsoever in law by claiming any part of Atlasia.  

No Chief Executive of any sovereign nation should ever make such a compromise.

No Chief Executive of a nation should ever give up part of that nation to appease anybody.

I know this went only as far as the proposal stage, however, your intent to pursue this proposal to the point of giving part of the Northeast, and by extension part of Atlasia, to the secessionists, was certainly evident.

I would think in any jurisdiction it would be illegal for the Chief Executive of the nation to enter into talks with an enemy entity with the proposal to cede part of that jurisdiction to said enemy.    

I know you have your reasoning, but I disagree with it.

I guess the point where we both have a mutual understanding of each other, but still disagree, yet in an appropiate and respectful manner is as far as we can get on this issue. We disagree with each other, yet it is in the past and off the table.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies