General Discussion Threads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:45:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  General Discussion Threads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Discussion Threads  (Read 10009 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: October 18, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

BUMP

We need more votes on this proposal:

I think it would be a good idea to have a stickied thread on the front page with links to the current versions of General Discussion threads, many of them  tend to be forgotten and new topics set up on small stuff. It would give more order and continuity if they were used more - also more user friendly IMO.

And hopefully a comment from the mods.

I think it's a good idea, especially because the bolded is true. As well this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

However, I'm not sure if I have enough interest in posting in the Spain thread. Actually, I'm the only one who is updating that from time to time and it's boring. It's not because of the lack of potentially interesting issues. Some examples:

- Huge corruption scandal involving PP, PSOE, IU and trade union members in the board of management of Caja Madrid, a savings bank which merged in Bankia, conglomerate which was subject of a state bailout by an amount of 20 billion euros. Among the involved: Miguel Blesa, who is a personal friend of  José María Aznar and presided Caja Madrid for 13 years; and Rodrigo Rato, who presided the new conglomerate by recommendation of Mariano Rajoy, former minister of Economy with Aznar and former managing director of the IMF.

- The Catalan mess. There's already a thread for the projected referendum, now transformed into an informal "survey". Interesting and rather confusing developments in Catalan politics.

- Podemos is holding the founding convention this weekend in order to become in a political party. It's around 17% or 18% in the last polls. There are two opposing sides debating their proposals before the Podemos' Civic Assembly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies