Cris for Senate! - POLLS ARE OPEN - GO VOTE!.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:37:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris for Senate! - POLLS ARE OPEN - GO VOTE!.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Cris for Senate! - POLLS ARE OPEN - GO VOTE!.  (Read 8740 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2015, 09:38:38 AM by Senator Cris »

Cris for Senate!

October 10, 2014:
Archduke Cris announced today his bid for the Midwest Regional Senate seat, against incumbent Senator TNF.

My fellow Midwesterns, thanks to be here today.
I'm proud to announce my candidacy for the Atlasian Senate, representing our great region, the region of Midwest!
I desire to thank all the people that have encouraged me to run. I love this game and this is a great step.
I will be honest with you. Initially, I was full of fear. "I have the experience to run for Senate and serve my region in Nyman" was the principal question that was revolved in my mind.
But the answer was "Why not?". I love my region, I desire to serve the people of my region. I have a lot to learn, and I hope that Midwesterns will allow me to learn more in Nyman.

It's from one year that I'm active in our region politics, as Most Serene Representative and as Archduke of the Althing. During my time in the Althing, I worked with Governors, Archdukes and Representatives of all parties, especially of the Labor Party. I worked with only one objective: find solutions for our citizens.
I introduced some bills with the purpose of facilitate the search of job in the region, prevent abortion, valorize our region and the rural areas and regarding the Representatives. Also I will introduce a bill to honor all the Governors, Archdukes and Representatives that have made great our region!
This latest bill provides that if a Representative will miss 3 consecutive votes in the Althing without a valid motivation, the Governor can remove him from the Althing and appoint a new member. I think that my recent work in the Althing with a Laborite, a member of P.E.A.C.E. Party and a Federalist about an important bill as the Immigration and Integration Act is an example that we need a person that work in the Senate to finding solutions, not divide.
In this year in the Althing, I worked with wonderful people as Lumine, Maxwell, Windjammer, Arturo Belano, GAworth, LeBron FitzGerald, Gass3268, RR1997 and a lot of other people. Thanks to all.
Now, I'm ready for the Senate. I'm ready to represent our region at the best. Our region deserve the best and I'm ready to give the best!
If I will be elected in the Senate, I will work with only one purpose: doing the best for my nation and for my region.
If I will be elected in the Senate and if I don't like a bill and if I retain that this is dangerous for the Midwest, I will work with the others senators to improve the bill and to find a compromise.
I have some ideas to present in the Senate, so stay tuned for my platform.

I haven't neither of personal against TNF. He represent the Midwest in the Senate since July 2013 and If he was re-elected a lot of times, there is a reason. But I think that we needn't a partisan senator as TNF. Calling his opponents fascists only because they have a different idea from his idea, or criticize the others senators for a bill that he doesn't like without searching a compromise, isn't an example of common sense, that our region deserve in this time.

The Civil War was terrible. I'm very disappointed that a former Representative of all the people of Midwest was working to divide the region and that a former Attorney General is attempting to overthrow the Federal Government.
I desire to thank Representative GAworth for his action for our fellow Kansas (or Harmony) residents. Thanks a lot. You and all the people of Kansas have my full support.
The Midwest is part of Atlasia and without the Midwest, Atlasia isn't Atlasia.

Please join me in this race. Any tipe of support is so appreciated. I think that a Candidates Forum between me and TNF, like the forum of the Northeast Senate race, would be great. All Midwesterns and Atlasians could make us the questions.
Thank you. God bless you, God bless the Midwest and God bless Atlasia!

Cris.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2014, 12:52:36 PM by Cris »

The Campaign:

Campaign Schedule:

October 10, 2014 - Colorado (Mirth)

- Campaign announcement in Denver, CO. (Speech)
- Town Hall in Aurora, CO.
- GOTV Rally in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Social Dinner in Pueblo, CO.
- Rally in Pueblo, CO.

October 11, 2014 - Oklahoma (Bluster)

- Meet and Greet in Tulsa, OK.
- Rally in Tulsa, OK. (Speech)
- Town Hall in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Social Dinner in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Rally in Midwest City, OK.

October 12, 2014 - Kansas (Harmony)

- Visiting the city of Topeka and the area.
- Town Hall in Topeka, KS. (Speech)
- Meet and Greet in Indepencence, KS.
- Rally in Wichita, KS.
- Social Dinner in Wichita, KS.

October 13, 2014 - Nebraska (Grit)

- Meet and Greet in Lincoln, NE.
- GOTV Rally in Bellevue, NE.
- Town Hall in Omaha, NE.
- Social Dinner in Omaha, NE.
- Rally in Omaha, NE.

October 14, 2014 - Iowa (Moxie)

- Rally in West Des Moines, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA.
- Town Hall in Iowa City, IA.
- Social Dinner in Waterloo, IA.
- Rally in Waterloo, IA.

October 15, 2014 - Iowa (Moxie) and Minnesota (Joy)

- Press Conference in Cedar Rapids, IA. (Speech)
- GOTV Rally in Ames, IA.
- Meet and Greet in Duluth, MN.
- Social Dinner in Brooklyn Park, MN.
- Rally in Brooklyn Park, MN.

October 16, 2014 - Minnesota (Joy)

- Meet and Greet in Rochester, MN.
- GOTV Rally in Saint Paul, MN.
- Town Hall in Saint Paul, MN.
- Social Dinner in Minneapolis, MN.
- Rally in Minneapolis, MN.

October 17, 2014 - South Dakota (Vitality)

- GOTV Rally in Mitchell, SD.
- Press Conference in Rapid City, SD.
- Town Hall in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Social Dinner in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Rally in Sioux Falls, SD.

October 18, 2014 - North Dakota (Serenity)

- GOTV Rally in Minot, SD.
- Meet and Greet in Grand Forks, SD.
- Town Hall in Fargo, SD. (Speech)
- Rally in West Fargo, SD.
- Social Dinner in Bismark, SD.
- Rally in Bismark, SD.

October 19, 2014 - Manitoba

- GOTV Rally in Thompson, Manitoba.
- Town Hall in Brandon, Manitoba.
- Meet and Greet in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba.
- Social Dinner in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Rally in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

October 20, 2014 - Montana (Wonderment)

- Town Hall in Missoula, MT.
- Meet and Greet in Helena, MT.
- GOTV Rally in Great Falls, MT.
- Social Dinner in Billings, MT.
- Rally in Billings, MT.

October 21, 2014 - Wyoming (Amity)

- GOTV Rally in Gilette, WY.
- Visiting the Objective Work Center of Cheyenne, WY. (Speech)
- Meet and Greet in Rock Springs, WY.
- Social Dinner in Cheyenne, WY.

October 22, 2014 - Colorado (Mirth)

- GOTV Rally in Fort Collins, CO.
- Meet and Greet in Aurora, CO.
- Rally in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Social Dinner in Denver, CO.
- Final Rally in Denver, CO. (Speech)

October 23, 2014 - Colorado (Mirth)

- Voting in Denver, CO.

Issues:

Game Reform
Foreign Policy
Economy

Endorsements:

- Former Senate Candidate A Person (Lab-MS)
- IDS Emperor and Former MW Governor Maxwell (DR-LA)
- Senator and Former MW Governor Lumine (Fed-UT)
- Northeast Representative Rpryor03 (Fed-NJ)
- Former IDS Legislator Enderman (Fed-FL)
- IDS Speaker Flo (TPP-MS)
- Senator JCL (Fed-IN)
- Senator Cassius (Fed-VA)
- Midwest Representative RR1997 (Fed-IA)

The Candidate:

Political Offices:

- Most Serene Representative of the Althing (November 2013 - April 2014; July 2014 - August 2014)
- Archduke of the Althing (August 2014 - )

Other Offices, Awards or Political/Media Roles:

- Pollster (July 2013 - )
- Pollster and Domestic Policy Advisor for Lumine's Senate Campaign (January 2014 - February 2014)
- Pollster and Domestic Policy Advisor for Lumine's Presidential Campaign (September 2014 - )
- Election and Political Tracker Director (All Presidential and Senate Elections)

Political Parties:

- Federalist Party (July 2013 - )
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »

you know what… endorsed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 02:16:53 PM »

Well,
I'm a friend to both of you and I know both of  you very well, basically for you TNF since your first senate bid, and Cris since your first term as representative. I would be happy to administer the debate between both of you, if you want it of course!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 02:21:48 PM »

You have my endorsement buddy.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »

Thanks to all!

Well,
I'm a friend to both of you and I know both of  you very well, basically for you TNF since your first senate bid, and Cris since your first term as representative. I would be happy to administer the debate between both of you, if you want it of course!

TNF said that he is in favor of the Forum. So, if you want, you can open the Forum! I hope that a great number of Midwesterns and Atlasians will make questions to me and the Senator.

---

I will reply to TNF tomorrow, in a Rally in Tulsa, OK.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »

There's no way I wouldn't endorse you, Cris, you would be a truly fantastic Senator! Best of luck!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 03:30:55 PM »

Endorsed!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »

Endorsed!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »

I honestly have to say, this is gonna be a fun race. I wish you the best good sir.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »

Endorsed!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »

Totally endorsed.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 03:28:26 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2014, 01:41:26 PM by Cris »

Cris in Oklahoma (Bluster)!

Good morning Oklahoma! I'm glad to be here today. Oklahoma, the state of former Governor Maxwell that has done a lot for our region. Thank you Maxwell, thank you Oklahoma!
Today, I desire to reply at the Senator TNF's yesterday speech.

Senator TNF said that campaigns should be about ideas and policy proposals, not personalities. My campaign will be about ideas. I have a lot of ideas for the Senate and I will explain my ideas when I will release my platform. But the election is also on who should represent the region in the Senate and I think that our region should be represented by a common sense voice, not an extremist voice.
About an important theme as employment. I have a lot to offer in return. The senate can doing a lot of things for work. We need to fight unemployment and facilitate the workers assumption. A lot of Midwesterns and Atlasians are currently searching a job and we can make great things to facilitate their assumption.

On Senator TNF's passage about hate crimes. This looks like an attack on my vote and my position against the famous LGBT Hate Crimes and Suicide Prevention Act. I have explained my position against hate crimes in the Althing debate on the exam of the original bill and also a Labor Representative as Brewer was in agreement with me. You are now on favor of hate crimes, but you have supported the Snowstalker's lawsuit against the Midwest Government for the bill that was conteined the part on hate crimes. So your position looks a little strange.

Also I say that protect woman and minorities will be one of my priority in the Senate. Protect the LGBT comunity will be one of my priority. I'm protecting the LGBT comunity and let me tell you that TNF's position is again strange, after having voted for the confirmation of Mideast Speaker Hifly, the sponsor of the famous homophobic "Promotion of Marriage in Education Act.", for an important federal position as SoEA.

On the right to choose. Abortion is a very thorny theme and I will explain my position. About policy brutality: some recent events are very unpleasant, but I don't generalize.

Cris.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »

There's no way I wouldn't endorse you, Cris, you would be a truly fantastic Senator! Best of luck!

I honestly have to say, this is gonna be a fun race. I wish you the best good sir.

Thanks to all!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »

I can already tell this will be a very interesting race! Tongue

Good luck, man. I'll be honest, it would suck to see you leave the Althing, but at the same time, you would undoubtedly do an awesome job in the Senate to move the Midwest forward.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 03:26:34 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2014, 03:30:05 AM by Cris »

Cris in Kansas (Harmony)!

Archduke Cris has visited the city of Topeka and his area, offering his support at all the Kansas citizens.

In a Town Hall in Topeka, Cris replied at a question about the position of Senator TNF during the Civil War.

Good morning Kansas! Your state is a great state of our region and the facts that have shocked this state were terrible. Kansans, you don't deserve it.

The Civil War was terrible. I'm very disappointed that a former Representative of all the people of the Midwest, Hashemite, was working to divide the region and that a former Attorney General, Snowstalker, was attempting to overthrow the Federal Government.

I, the Governor, the Representatives have immediately condemned the actions of Hashemite and Snowstalker. Senator TNF was silent for 3 long days and only spoke after I asked him on his thread. I have a great doubt. If I hadn't asked him, would Senator TNF comment on the story? Senator TNF said that he did not have the time to make a statement, but this is false. During this time, Senator TNF posted in a lot of other threads in the forum. And this is really curious. An answer would be very appreciated. Not only an answer for me, but an answer for all the Kansas citizens and for all the Midwest citizens.

We need a Senator that in an emergency case like this, isn't silent for days. We need a Senator that in an emergence case like this, offers his support immediately for his region and for the government.

Cris.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 06:31:35 AM »

Endorsed.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »

I can already tell this will be a very interesting race! Tongue

Good luck, man. I'll be honest, it would suck to see you leave the Althing, but at the same time, you would undoubtedly do an awesome job in the Senate to move the Midwest forward.

Thanks!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »

I will probably post my platform tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 11:14:29 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2014, 12:13:59 PM by Cris »

Platform - Game Reform

Archduke and Senate Candidate Cris has released his platform about Game Reform in a Press Conference in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Moxie).

Thanks to all. It's my honor to introduce to you my Senate platform about Game Reform and Changes. Game Reform is one of the most important issue in our country and these are my proposal for a great refresh of our game.
The platform about other important issues as Foreign Policy, Economy and Social will be released in the next days.

1 - Bicameralism and Consolidation.

I'm a great supporter of bicameralism. I think that with bicameralism, our game would be more interesting that now. The Senate should represent the regions, with 5 (if the regions are still 5) or with 6 (2 per region in case of consolidation) Senators.
The House, of 11 representatives, should be elected by an at-large system, with party lists or by the districts. I like both options.
In my opinion, bicameralism would be great, but we have a problem with the number of office holders. The current number of office holders is 51. (8 of Cabinet, 10 of Senate, 3 of Supreme Court, 5 of the regional government of Midwest, 6 of Mideast, 7 of Northeast, 5 of Pacific and 7 of IDS). Adding 11 Representative, the number of office holders would be 62. With a Senate of 1 Senator per region, the number would be 57. So, a gain of 6 office holders. For a lot of Atlasian people, a gain of 6 is too high. In this case, an option is reducing the numbers of regional office holders (Northeast, IDS and probably Mideast). But this would alter the regional governments.
Another option is consolidation. The Atlasian people are broken on this. A my poll of Semptember, shows a tie on the option to pass from 5 to 3 regions and a very slight advantage of yes abouth the passage from 5 to 4 regions. But the poll had only 33 voters. In this case, I think that the Atlasian people should decide and I will speak of this in the next passage. In the case of passage from 5 to 4 regions, all would think at the fusion of Pacific and Midwest. But this is impossible because the majority of Pacific residents have voted Nay in the merger referendum, that was held in a period when both the regions had a crisis. So, a Midwest-Pacific merger is impossibile. I'm against the merger and I will be against the merger.

2 - Public, non binding consultations.

This passage is linked to bicameralism and consolidation. I think that for important issues as bicameralism and consolidation, we can't refere to the results of a poll. I think that in this case, the people of Atlasia should make an important step.
My proposal is the introduction of public, non binding consultations about specific and important themes as bicameralism and consolidation, for example. With my proposal, the Atlasian people can vote on a specific issue and the Senate would considered the results of these consultations.
An example would be of help. On bicameralism, the question would be "Are you in favor of bicameralism?". If the majority of voters say Aye, the Senate should morally obligated to work on bicameralism. If the majority of voters say Nay, the Senate shouldn't be morally obligated to work on bicameralism. The same for consolidation.

3 - A more representative Senator for the Midwest.

The Midwest will elect a Senator with the purpose of defending the region, fight for the region and work for the region. If I will be elected, I will work, fight for my region and I will defend my region. The Midwest regional Senator is the Senator of all Midwesterns. With him in the Senate, all the Midwest citiziens should be on the Senate. So, If I will be elected (and I hope that Senator TNF will make the same if re-elected) in the Senate, I will accept pieces of legislations from all the citiziens of the Midwest. I will evalutate them and I will present these bills in the Senate.

4 - Secret balloting.

All the real elections in all the world have secret balloting. So, why not in Atlasia? With secret balloting, the vote should be secret and any Atlasian and Midwestern citizen can vote according to his conscience, without any type of conditioning or consequences. Also the elections would be most interesting than now. A Federal commission for Secret balloting, with the members picked by the President and/or the Senate would be great and of help.

5 - Against Inactivity

I presented a bill in the Althing that provides that if a Representative will miss 3 consecutive votes without a valid reason (as a Leave of Absence), the Governor can remove the Representative from his office. If I will be elected, I have intention to make the same for the Senate. My idea is that if a Senator miss 5 consecutive votes, the Senate can vote for his expulsion from the Senate. This is only my idea and I'm open to any type of advice.

These are my key points about Game Reform and the Senate.
If you have any type of questions, please ask me!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 11:30:08 AM »

I have always introduced legislation presented to me by Midwest citizens. If you have any doubts to that, I would ask you to consult Fritz, who I recall introducing legislation for a few sessions ago.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 11:32:41 AM »

I have always introduced legislation presented to me by Midwest citizens. If you have any doubts to that, I would ask you to consult Fritz, who I recall introducing legislation for a few sessions ago.

No, I haven't doubts. Thanks for the answer. Smiley
I hope that you, if re-elected, will continue to accept pieces of legislations from all the citiziens of the Midwest.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 11:44:52 AM »

Absolutely.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »

I have added a new point, that I have forgotten, in the platform.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »

Atlasia Has a Role in the World.

Archduke and Senate Candidate Cris replied at a question about Foreign Policy in a Town Hall in Fargo, North Dakota (Serenity).

What are my priorities about Foreign Policy? First of all, ISIS.
The Republic of Atlasia and all the world is shocked by the terrible acts of ISIS, or called IS or ISIL.
I can't define humans men that cut the throats of people only because they are westerns. They have hit our great country, but we can stop them.
If I will be in the Senate, I will make all the possible efforts against ISIS. I think that is our duty support the Kurds, threatened by ISIS and form an international coalition with all our allies like United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and a lot of others allies.
About the assets, I'm in favor of use the drones and also of a limited use of special forces to rescue ISIS's hostages and provide humanitarian relief.
Another great matter is the conflict between Ucraina and Russia. If I will be in the Senate, I will support all efforts of Ukraine to stop the Russian aggression. I also support the Ukraine's entrance in NATO, in order to protect them from Putin aggression. If necessary, and it's necessary, I will support measures against Russia.
Also, I like to re- launch the idea of an Asian NATO. We have a lot of allies in the Asian continent, as Australia, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea and I think that and Asian NATO would be great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies