IA-Sen; Michelle Obama campaigning for Braley, can't pronounce his name
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:11:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IA-Sen; Michelle Obama campaigning for Braley, can't pronounce his name
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: IA-Sen; Michelle Obama campaigning for Braley, can't pronounce his name  (Read 2906 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 11:29:47 AM »

I've seen racist types online use it a lot and it's one of their favorite phrases.

While true, that makes as much sense as saying "God bless our troops" is racist because racists online say it.

"God bless the troops" is a general statement that isn't an insult, so that's quite different. Racists tend to have their own terms and vocabulary for certain people and things.

So any insult a racist uses is inherently racist? Are you aiming to break a "Most consecutive idiotic posts" record this weekend?

There's no need to call names.

For Phil that's not a need. It's a way of life.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 11:47:06 AM »

Well good, she's helping him lose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »

I've seen racist types online use it a lot and it's one of their favorite phrases.

While true, that makes as much sense as saying "God bless our troops" is racist because racists online say it.

"God bless the troops" is a general statement that isn't an insult, so that's quite different. Racists tend to have their own terms and vocabulary for certain people and things.

So any insult a racist uses is inherently racist? Are you aiming to break a "Most consecutive idiotic posts" record this weekend?

There's no need to call names. I didn't say any insult (and you ought to know insults, since you just insulted me), I'm talking about specific insults and I've seen that insult used on social media by several people who also post monkey pictures to refer to Obama, as well as other racist things.

So what kind of specific insults and why does this specific insult classify as racist? The only logic you have used is that racists have used it online.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 12:19:49 PM »

As your "friendly" neighborhood moderator, can somebody kindly explain the racism in calling her a cow?  Misogynistic sure, but racist?

I saw it as him calling her a moocher, not a cow.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »

You realize the irony of this statement, right Lyndon?
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

Why does everyone assume I don't know better than to call the first lady a cow on a left-leaning forum?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »

Why does everyone assume I don't know better than to call the first lady a cow on a left-leaning forum?

For one thing, I'm pretty sure your username was "Dixiecrat" until recently.  I also like how your post implies that you don't see anything wrong with calling the first lady a cow, as long as you don't do it in "left-leaning" places Roll Eyes
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2014, 12:40:26 PM »

So calling her a moocher is okay. Gotcha.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »

There's no need to call names. I didn't say any insult (and you ought to know insults, since you just insulted me), I'm talking about specific insults and I've seen that insult used on social media by several people who also post monkey pictures to refer to Obama, as well as other racist things.

So what kind of specific insults and why does this specific insult classify as racist? The only logic you have used is that racists have used it online.

I don't have time educate you. Use your head and ask yourself why anyone would call a person who is an attorney and earned their own money a moocher? That's not exactly an accurate description, unless you are using a ridiculous stereotype.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »

Braley's campaign definitely has the stench of death about it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 01:39:17 PM »

ITT: people are shocked that a poster named Dixiecrat of all things makes a racist remark.

Nobody's shocked, but I just don't tolerate the ish.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »

For one thing, I'm pretty sure your username was "Dixiecrat" until recently.  I also like how your post implies that you don't see anything wrong with calling the first lady a cow, as long as you don't do it in "left-leaning" places Roll Eyes

Calling the first lady a cow is obviously wrong. However, doing it in a place like this is also incredibly stupid.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2014, 01:43:17 PM »

I shall also delete said post. The last thing I want is for all of you to get offended.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2014, 02:04:55 PM »

So "Moochelle" does mean a moocher and not a cow? I would ask on Free Republic but they'd ban me for being a Demoncrat.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »

I would like to formally apologize for using the term "moochelle" on this thread. It was wrong and out of place, and I'm sorry to all whom I have offended.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2014, 02:25:50 PM »

I don't have time educate you. Use your head and ask yourself why anyone would call a person who is an attorney and earned their own money a moocher? That's not exactly an accurate description, unless you are using a ridiculous stereotype.

Ok, again, most of us understood it as "moo" like a cow sound.

Not that calling her a cow is in any way defendable but some of us didn't think that racists calling her that meant the comment itself was racist. I can understand that thinking someone with the username "Dixiecrat" might be racist especially after making an insulting remark about the First Lady but I didn't agree with thinking the term he used was racist at its core.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »

The fact the Democrats had the very popular First Lady campaign in Iowa shows they are not at all confident in retaining the seat.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2014, 03:59:27 PM »

The fact the Democrats had the very popular First Lady campaign in Iowa shows they are not at all confident in retaining the seat.
Well, they're trailing in the polls there, so they shouldn't be.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2014, 08:10:52 PM »

Yeah, every reputable poll has shown Ernst tied or in the lead since mid September.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2014, 08:52:25 PM »

You realize the irony of this statement, right Lyndon?

No.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2014, 11:26:43 PM »

Combine that with the fact that Ernst has superb qualifications to become a U.S. Senator it should be a good night for the GOP in Iowa.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »

Combine that with the fact that Ernst has superb qualifications to become a U.S. Senator it should be a good night for the GOP in Iowa.
Superb? That's a real stretch.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 10:46:40 PM »

Not a bad resume for a candidate for U.S. Senate.

Well educated, has served her country boldly in the military, political and legislative experience serving the people of Iowa.

Bachelor of Science degree from Iowa State University

Master of Public Administration degree from Columbus College

Has served a combined 21 years in the United States Army Reserves and the Iowa Army National Guard. 

Rank of Lieutenant Colonel, currently commands the largest battalion in the Iowa Army National Guard

Elected Montgomery County Auditor in 2004 and re-elected in 2008

Elected to  Iowa State Senate in a special election in 2011 and re-elected in 2012
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 11:48:06 PM »

Not a bad resume for a candidate for U.S. Senate.

Well educated, has served her country boldly in the military, political and legislative experience serving the people of Iowa.

Bachelor of Science degree from Iowa State University

Master of Public Administration degree from Columbus College

Has served a combined 21 years in the United States Army Reserves and the Iowa Army National Guard. 

Rank of Lieutenant Colonel, currently commands the largest battalion in the Iowa Army National Guard

Elected Montgomery County Auditor in 2004 and re-elected in 2008

Elected to  Iowa State Senate in a special election in 2011 and re-elected in 2012

If only she wasn't crazy
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2014, 01:03:58 PM »

Even Michelle Obama couldn't save Braley.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies