Is Pat Quinn one of the most talented politicians in the country?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:29:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Pat Quinn one of the most talented politicians in the country?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Pat Quinn one of the most talented politicians in the country?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Is Pat Quinn one of the most talented politicians in the country?  (Read 1313 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »

Seriously, the guy is up there with Harry Reid when it comes to winning elections you shouldn't.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »

No, just one of the luckiest.
OAM

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »

Believe me, he's not.  As someone who strongly campaigns for him, it's only because the Republicans keep coming up with the craziest candidates at the governor's level.  I mean, Quinn seems like a nice guy, and probably is the type of Democrat I agree with more often than not, he's just glaringly incompetent at actually getting things done.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »

Believe me, he's not.  As someone who strongly campaigns for him, it's only because the Republicans keep coming up with the craziest candidates at the governor's level.  I mean, Quinn seems like a nice guy, and probably is the type of Democrat I agree with more often than not, he's just glaringly incompetent at actually getting things done.

Bruce Rauner isn't crazy. He's just a small-beans, state-level version of Mitt Romney.

It seems like the IL GOP's problem is that their candidates are either crazy true believers from downstate or Outer Chicagoland, or they're finance/PE douches like Rauner or the infamous Jack Ryan.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 05:07:30 PM »

lol
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »

No. It's Illinois.
OAM

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »

Bruce Rauner isn't crazy. He's just a small-beans, state-level version of Mitt Romney.

It seems like the IL GOP's problem is that their candidates are either crazy true believers from downstate or Outer Chicagoland, or they're finance/PE douches like Rauner or the infamous Jack Ryan.

I'll agree that he isn't the craziest offering, but it really speaks to the field they always offer.  The past few cycles have been the Republicans' race to lose, not the Democrats's race to win, and boy did they ever lose it.  Personally I was expecting Quinn not to seek reelection and did a rather hard facepalm when he did.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »

Would Dillard or Rutherford be doing better than Rauner?
KCDem

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 10:35:07 PM »

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 10:46:06 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 02:36:39 AM »

OAM

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 05:10:52 AM »

Would Dillard or Rutherford be doing better than Rauner?

Well, it depends.  If we accounted for just issue positions and removed the events of the primary campaign, then probably.  However, because of the mudslinging that went on there Rauner remained the "cleanest".  Granted, scandals and such matter, obviously, or else we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I think from a detached, purely analytical point of view sitting at this time last year, the Republicans' best chance to have the race as a lock would have been to go for Rutherford.  The four way primary really exhausted a lot of the candidate's strength, and having Brady in there as a rerun of 2010 was probably a bad move, even if I can see why from some people's point of view it may have seemed like a good idea, namely the closeness of the race.  However, while 2014 isn't going to be a great year for Democrats (understatement), 2010 was likely even worse, and I can't see Brady ever doing any better than he did then, even if Quinn repeatedly dropping the ball.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 05:21:16 AM »

Pataki 1994 probably takes the cake there. In the 8 days before the election, there were 4 polls where Cuomo was up double digits.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »

I would say so. It takes a lot of talent to b a Democrat who wins Cook County by a landslide margin and thus carries the whole state. Pat Quinn is very talented in that regard.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 11:50:48 AM »

For a Democrat, yes. He's an attack dog that doesn't shy away from old school tactics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies