Confirmation Hearing: GAworth for Secretary of Internal Affairs (Confirmated)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:52:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: GAworth for Secretary of Internal Affairs (Confirmated)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: GAworth for Secretary of Internal Affairs (Confirmated)  (Read 573 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »
« edited: October 16, 2014, 10:50:57 PM by Senator Lumine (PPT) »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Senators, you have 72 hours to question the nominee.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 04:24:34 PM »

How will you work with the Senate and the GM concerning the Atlasian budget?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »

I apologize for the delay in responding to these questions, I just got settled in from an 11 hour car ride.
How will you work with the Senate and the GM concerning the Atlasian budget?
I largely view my role as an advisory role, with the raw estimates coming from the GM's Office. I will help provide advice on the impact on the economy of Atlasia as well as the various agencies that fall under the office of SoIA. I will partake in budget discussions and provide feedback to any legislation that falls under my Departments jurisdiction.

What will you do to improve cooperation between Nyman and the regions?
As a regional Legislator, I know that there is a huge disconnect from Nyman. First thing I would do is go over the legislation passed by the Senate, and see which allocate money to the regions and then inform the regions of any outstanding funds they are entitled to. I also will sit down the regional governments and here out any concerns they have and bring them to Nyman. I know it sounds corny, but honestly, communication and more importantly mis-communication has been a major problem with the regions and Nyman.

Also, I know that various regions have enacted policies relating with sectors under the SoIA jurisdiction, I will work with them to see the legislation implemented, and also allow for an echo chamber of ideas, much like C.A.R.E. was intended to be, where the regions would be developing complementary policies and sharing best working practices.

As for devolution or regionalization of power, I leave that to the Senate to give me my mandate on that, following the constitution of course. I do believe in healthy Federal-Regional Relationships.

I hope these answers were satisfactory.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:04:40 PM »

What sort of things do you believe the SoIA should be involved in doing, and what in particular will you attempt to accomplish as SoIA? Please be as specific as possible.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »

What sort of things do you believe the SoIA should be involved in doing, and what in particular will you attempt to accomplish as SoIA? Please be as specific as possible.
Senator Deus, thank you for your question. I would refer you to my previous answers as it pertains to your questions. As for my view of the SoIA, I do have quite a few ideas as to what I wish to do as SoIA.
1. To oversee and manage the departments under the jurisdiction of the SoIA, as well as implementing the policies and legislation dealing with the SoIA departments.
2. In conjuncture with the GM, working to provide updates on the economy and fiscal spending. Especially with the recent events around the stock market, I would work to help instill confidence in our markets.
3. As I responded to Senator Nix, I would work closely with the regions and help re-convene if not create a similar organization of C.A.R.E. but including our regions legislators and not just executives. Furthermore, I do believe that creating a system of alerting regions with the possibility of accessing federal funds for issues such as homelessness, for example.
4. I hope to work with the Senate, as well as referring to previous legislation passed, on helping to push Atlasia to energy independence, focusing on non-fossil fuel energy sources.
5. In terms of Ebola, I will be looking to working with officials, possibly appointing a deputy overseeing our efforts to help contain the outbreak.
As I stated in my speech, I do not plan to on staying on after the Cranberry administration, unless requested by the winner of the election. However, I will be wish to accomplish my stated aims, or at least getting the ball rolling.

Thank you, GAWorth. I will vote to confirm.
Thank you Senator, if you have any further questions, I am willing to answer them.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »

I support the nominee.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »

I will again be on the road tomorrow so I will most likely not have access til later in the evening. But I certainly will respond as quickly as possible.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

I have internet access again. So I can answer any question any Senator may have.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »

72 hours have passed, so a vote has now started. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »

AYE
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »

Aye
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 11:27:18 PM »

Aye
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 04:15:08 AM »

Aye
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 08:40:34 AM »

Aye
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 11:45:39 AM »

Aye
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 10:50:33 PM »

Aye.

The vote is over, and GAworth is hereby confirmated as Secretary of Internal Affairs.

Aye ( 8 )Sad Senator Nix, Senator Polnut, Senator JCL, Senator Cynic, Senator Cassius, Senator Bore, Senator TNF and PPT Lumine.
Nay (0)Sad
Abstained (0)Sad

Not Voting (2)Sad Senator Yankee and Senator Deus.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 08:12:29 AM »

I have internet access again. So I can answer any question any Senator may have.

I am extremely jealous.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 08:12:53 AM »

Aye FTR
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length