Confirmation Hearing: a Person for Secretary of External Affairs (Confirmated)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:38:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: a Person for Secretary of External Affairs (Confirmated)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: a Person for Secretary of External Affairs (Confirmated)  (Read 1509 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:07:52 PM »
« edited: October 16, 2014, 10:49:03 PM by Senator Lumine (PPT) »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Senators, you have 72 hours to question the nominee.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 04:01:47 AM »

Where do you stand on the British occupation of Ireland?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 06:52:12 AM »

What should Atlasia's top foreign policy priorities be?
i believe atlasia's first priority should be combating global warming and environmental destruction. if one of the large ice sheets goes, we're all fcked. to that end i will seek to negotiate new treaties following in the footsteps of the kyoto protocol.

beyond that, the thursday night massacre has proven that we need to present a strong, unified response against isis/l. i strongly support the "ending financial havens" bill currently being debated, and i would strongly urge president cranberry to join our european allies in putting boots on the ground in the region.

third, i believe that the people's republic of china is currently overstepping its boundaries w/r/t hong kong, and that atlasia should strongly encourage the maintenance of hong kong's unique status.

i'm not sure what you are talking about, please elaborate
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 02:46:14 PM »

Can the nominee even speak English?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »

i'm not sure what you are talking about, please elaborate

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »

How do you view the SOEA position in relation to the GM? Specifically, how do you view the relationship between you as a cabinet official and the GM?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 04:37:33 PM »

I'd suggest that fluency in English should be obligatory for any SoEA applicant.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 05:43:34 PM »

I'd suggest that fluency in English should be obligatory for any SoEA applicant.
I think someone is a little mad they weren't nominated for cabinet.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 07:25:37 PM »

Are there any Atlasian military bases you believe should be removed? If so, which one(s)?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 08:52:52 PM »

As I am confident in the nominee's ability and willingness to serve, I will vote to confirm.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 11:38:42 PM »

Where do you stand regarding Israel and the Palestinians?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:21 PM »

I think without at least near fluency in English, one would be unable to be part of Atlasia; and as such I have the uttermost confidence that my nominee fulfils this "obligation".
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 12:39:48 AM »

First off: anybody using the atlas forum should know how to speak proficient english. Secondly, a Person lived in the United States for a significant part of his life.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 12:50:42 AM »

perhaps im wrong, but i think the criticism pertains more to the whole "mint/20RP12/tumblr-style" of writing like he doesn't give a , and not actual fluency, which im demonstrating here, because i really dont give a
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 12:57:58 AM »

First off: anybody using the atlas forum should know how to speak proficient english. Secondly, a Person lived in the United States for a significant part of his life.

but can he into shift key
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 03:30:41 AM »

How do you view the SOEA position in relation to the GM? Specifically, how do you view the relationship between you as a cabinet official and the GM?

I would certainly like to coöperate with sirnick regarding the Atlasian response to the Thursday Night Massacre. I also would be open to the idea of discussing initiatives with him as sort of a reality check.

Are there any Atlasian military bases you believe should be removed? If so, which one(s)?
At the moment, no. Atlasia has already taken some steps to reduce its footprint abroad.

I believe that Camp David III has the potential to ensure a lasting peace in the region, but of course we must continue to monitor the situation closely.

perhaps im wrong, but i think the criticism pertains more to the whole "mint/20RP12/tumblr-style" of writing like he doesn't give a , and not actual fluency, which im demonstrating here, because i really dont give a

Heh, that's fair. I guess since this is a respectable position, I should stop doing that.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 04:04:44 AM »

I would certainly prefer that should the nominee be confirmed that such 'things' are not to be used in the exercise of the office.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 12:50:03 PM »

Is the nominee going to answer my question?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 02:03:44 PM »

Do you really feel it's necessary to offend our biggest ally by calling Northern Ireland an "occupation"?

I support the nominee, I think a Person could do a great job.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 05:54:40 PM »

What is "northern Ireland"? I see only one Ireland, albeit one that has been divided and subjugated by the British imperialist state for its own devious purposes. Does the nominee support or oppose the division of Ireland, or doe he support eventual unification and action against the oppressor nation?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »

What is "northern Ireland"? I see only one Ireland, albeit one that has been divided and subjugated by the British imperialist state for its own devious purposes. Does the nominee support or oppose the division of Ireland, or doe he support eventual unification and action against the oppressor nation?

Really? Here? Now?

Whether or not the nominee supports the status quo that has been largely accepted by citizens of both sovereign states is irrelevant to these proceedings.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »

I would certainly like to coöperate with sirnick regarding the Atlasian response to the Thursday Night Massacre. I also would be open to the idea of discussing initiatives with him as sort of a reality check.

At the moment, no. Atlasia has already taken some steps to reduce its footprint abroad.

I believe that Camp David III has the potential to ensure a lasting peace in the region, but of course we must continue to monitor the situation closely.

Heh, that's fair. I guess since this is a respectable position, I should stop doing that.

Camp David III wasn't a fair and just deal.  It favored the Palestinians way too much. We should be working for a one state solution. An Israeli one.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »

Camp David III wasn't a fair and just deal.  It favored the Palestinians way too much. We should be working for a one state solution. An Israeli one.

Wha? Why?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 12:16:15 PM »

I would certainly prefer that should the nominee be confirmed that such 'things' are not to be used in the exercise of the office.

Smiley

Regardless of your opinion of Camp David III, I think we can all agree that trying to undermine it would not have a great effect on the situation in the region nor on Atlasia's image as a trustworthy country.

I'd prefer to focus on actual issues, thanks.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »

What is your criteria for justified military intervention? What about military intervention involving Atlasian boots on the ground? How does the current situation in Iraq and Syria meet all of those criteria?

Do you believe that Atlasia should remain a member of NATO, and what if anything would you like to see NATO do?

What is your general opinion of the World Trade Organization?

What is your general opinion of UN Agenda 21 for Sustainable Development?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies