A compromise proposal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A compromise proposal
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A compromise proposal  (Read 522 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2014, 05:28:30 AM »

As you know, I've been supporting an idea of transforming Atlasia into two or more sovereign states, interacting with each other, therefore making the game (which is in crisis for long time now) more interesting.

Yet, I understand reluctance to break up Atlasia. Also, it would be tremendously hard to achieve, given all legal, as well as practical, barriers.

So, let's consider this. Instead of dividing Atlasia, let's make another RL country playable, so the people can register there and so we can have two entities interacting.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »

Something like this does seem interesting, but if we're struggling to get active players for Atlasia alone, how do you think we'd be able to support a whole different country?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:21:44 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2014, 07:23:35 AM by Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast »

Something like this does seem interesting, but if we're struggling to get active players for Atlasia alone, how do you think we'd be able to support a whole different country?

Frankly, I think Atlasia, in the way it's been going for years, has totally wore out and unless we do something original, like this, we just won't get people interested. A lot of active, dedicated players has left and we won't bring them back unless we offer something new. Just as we won't hold many of the current players.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »

Anyway, I see no harm in making some kind of pilot project. I can gladly take my time and launch such thing.

We won't know if my proposal would work if we won't give it a try, but unless we try something, we won't fix the poor state of game affairs.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 08:16:48 AM »

I'm down with this.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 10:06:41 AM »

No, that's not the right approach - I'm (obviously) sympathetic to having multiple playable countries, but we want to make sure to cut down the number of positions/offices here before we open up any additional ones from creating more countries.  The easiest way to do this is to cut up the regions, not to add a completely new country to compete with our already complicated federal structure.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »

No, that's not the right approach - I'm (obviously) sympathetic to having multiple playable countries, but we want to make sure to cut down the number of positions/offices here before we open up any additional ones from creating more countries.  The easiest way to do this is to cut up the regions, not to add a completely new country to compete with our already complicated federal structure.

Well, you've got a point here, but I still think a small pilot project wouldn't hurt.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »

No, that's not the right approach - I'm (obviously) sympathetic to having multiple playable countries, but we want to make sure to cut down the number of positions/offices here before we open up any additional ones from creating more countries.  The easiest way to do this is to cut up the regions, not to add a completely new country to compete with our already complicated federal structure.

I'm also fine with this; I just want to start actually trying game reform proposals and seeing if they work.  All that ever seems to happen right now is someone makes a proposal and nothing ever changes because this person or that person has an issue with it Sad   If we scrap every game-reform proposal that doesn't have the support of every citizen, nothing is ever going to get done.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »

As always: consolidation, consolidation, consolidation. There's actually a pretty streamlined way to do this (relatively-speaking) that takes into account existing ratified/proposed amendments:

1) Pass the Fix the Regions Act. Reduce the number of Atlasian regions to 3; consolidate number of offices.

2) Reform the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market Agreement to establish Canada as a second country. We already have this:

So why not this?

Voila. Two countries, five regions, yadda yadda yadda.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 04:28:43 PM »

As always: consolidation, consolidation, consolidation. There's actually a pretty streamlined way to do this (relatively-speaking) that takes into account existing ratified/proposed amendments:

1) Pass the Fix the Regions Act. Reduce the number of Atlasian regions to 3; consolidate number of offices.

2) Reform the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market Agreement to establish Canada as a second country. We already have this:

So why not this?

Voila. Two countries, five regions, yadda yadda yadda.

I think it could make sense.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »

Vive la Northeast!!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »

The people of Vermont are ready, willing and able to strike on and gain our independence as a sovereign nation, especially if doing so would help our brothers and sisters in Atlasia.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »

The people of Vermont are ready, willing and able to strike on and gain our independence as a sovereign nation, especially if doing so would help our brothers and sisters in Atlasia.

Talks are being held to give the people of Vermont and part of Upstate New York autonomy, as the people of Vermont and part of Upstate New York have realized that the tyrants' forces are too strong.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies