The Warren vs. Obama Spin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:58:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Warren vs. Obama Spin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Warren vs. Obama Spin  (Read 1366 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« on: October 14, 2014, 01:46:37 AM »

She won't run. I'd give it less than 10% chance she will. Having said that, I can definitely see why liberals desperately want her to run. But they shouldn't. A Clinton presidency is much to be preferred to a Paul/Bush/Christie/whatever presidency, which WILL happen if Warren is nominated. Someone speaking the truth like her cannot win the presidency, unfortunately. At least not yet.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:52:23 AM »

She won't run. I'd give it less than 10% chance she will. Having said that, I can definitely see why liberals desperately want her to run. But they shouldn't. A Clinton presidency is much to be preferred to a Paul/Bush/Christie/whatever presidency, which WILL happen if Warren is nominated. Someone speaking the truth like her cannot win the presidency, unfortunately. At least not yet.

Why not? Is she any more liberal than Gary Hart? He was leading in the polls before the affair.
Oh, I'm not saying that she can't beat Clinton. Infact, I think she is the only one who has a legitimate shot at beating Clinton. I'm saying that she can't beat the republican nominee, as long as the GOP nominates someone electable (i.e. not Ted Cruz or Rick Santorum).
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 03:36:08 AM »

Why not? Is she any more liberal than Gary Hart? He was leading in the polls before the affair.
Oh, I'm not saying that she can't beat Clinton. Infact, I think she is the only one who has a legitimate shot at beating Clinton. I'm saying that she can't beat the republican nominee, as long as the GOP nominates someone electable (i.e. not Ted Cruz or Rick Santorum).

I'm talking about the general. The idea that a liberal can't win a general election is nonsense. Gary Hart was doing quite well until that picture came out. But I guess that one picture counts more than competence. We got 12 years of President Bushes. Gary Hart repeatedly warned about terrorism, including one speech on September 4th, 2001. Too bad the Bush administration didn't listen to Gary Hart.
Well, I certainly hope that you are right and I am wrong. I do believe that a "true" liberal can win the presidency, but not at this point in time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies