Rand Paul meets with NAACP and Urban League
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:03:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul meets with NAACP and Urban League
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Paul meets with NAACP and Urban League  (Read 2277 times)
New_Conservative
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »

I am liking him more day by day.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/187072-meeting-naacp-rand-paul-makes-big-statement-gop-needs-go-african-american-community/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »

One of the things I like the most about Rand Paul - besides the very obvious fact of being extremely unconventional (that part goes without saying) - is his coolness. He always keeps his head cool and never gets fired up. That basically keeps him out of trouble. It's one quality he shared with Jeb Bush, but with very few other GOPers. Mitt Romney had a huge temperament, and more than once he got really angry during GOP debates. I don't think I could in my wildest fantasies imagine Rand Paul getting angry. At least not in front of a camera. In this regard he's probably the opposite of Chris Christie.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 04:12:09 PM »

One of the things I like the most about Rand Paul - besides the very obvious fact of being extremely unconventional (that part goes without saying) - is his coolness. He always keeps his head cool and never gets fired up. That basically keeps him out of trouble. It's one quality he shared with Jeb Bush, but with very few other GOPers. Mitt Romney had a huge temperament, and more than once he got really angry during GOP debates. I don't think I could in my wildest fantasies imagine Rand Paul getting angry. At least not in front of a camera. In this regard he's probably the opposite of Chris Christie.

He got pretty fired up during the plagiarism saga.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »

He got pretty fired up during the plagiarism saga.

Maybe, think I didn't see those clips. Any videos?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:58:51 PM »

There are definitely very Republican solutions to the plight of African Americans. For one, an effort to jump start more small businesses in black communities to give them more jobs within their own communities instead of having to commute to serve white areas would certainly solve a lot of issues and be pro-business at the same time.  The government could definitely incentivize that banks be more lenient with small business loans to poor communities with poor credit ratings with little cost to the taxpayer or infringement of free market freedoms.

But see, there are certain people in the GOP based who would vomit at the idea of giving blacks that kind of "special privilege."

New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »

There are definitely very Republican solutions to the plight of African Americans. For one, an effort to jump start more small businesses in black communities to give them more jobs within their own communities instead of having to commute to serve white areas would certainly solve a lot of issues and be pro-business at the same time.  The government could definitely incentivize that banks be more lenient with small business loans to poor communities with poor credit ratings with little cost to the taxpayer or infringement of free market freedoms.

But see, there are certain people in the GOP based who would vomit at the idea of giving blacks that kind of "special privilege."

It's an unfortunate reality.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:25:34 PM »

LOL at the top comment on the article:

These are going to be the people who vote in GOP primaries. Cheesy
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2014, 07:01:59 PM by They call me PR »

There are definitely very Republican solutions to the plight of African Americans. For one, an effort to jump start more small businesses in black communities to give them more jobs within their own communities instead of having to commute to serve white areas would certainly solve a lot of issues and be pro-business at the same time.  The government could definitely incentivize that banks be more lenient with small business loans to poor communities with poor credit ratings with little cost to the taxpayer or infringement of free market freedoms.

Nowadays you're more likely to see those Republican solutions be offered up by Democrats. What gets offered up by Republicans tends to be....

*insert thinly veiled racist dog whistle*

Then,

Why don't more black people vote for us? Sad
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 07:03:55 AM »

There are plenty of things I don't like about Rand Paul, but I will give him this--I admire the fact that he has the balls to stand up and talk in front of a very unfriendly crowd.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »

LOL at the top comment on the article:

These are going to be the people who vote in GOP primaries. Cheesy
That is unfortunately what Ted Cruz's cabinet might look like if he won actually.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 12:39:47 AM »

Christie also spoke to the New Jersey NAACP last weekend:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/eyes-2016-christie-paul-ryan-reach-out-black-voters
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »

Paul is not the type of Republican who's going to attract black votes his stance on the Civil Rights Act will certainty be attacked along with the Southern Avenger thing and the newsletters his father wrote.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »

Paul is not the type of Republican who's going to attract black votes his stance on the Civil Rights Act will certainty be attacked along with the Southern Avenger thing and the newsletters his father wrote.

MSNBC wants you as a commentator.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »

So Rand will never be attacked on this kind of stuff?
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 03:46:15 PM »

Rand is going to be attacked for something his father did ?
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2014, 07:08:21 PM by Mordecai »

There are definitely very Republican solutions to the plight of African Americans. For one, an effort to jump start more small businesses in black communities to give them more jobs within their own communities instead of having to commute to serve white areas would certainly solve a lot of issues and be pro-business at the same time.  The government could definitely incentivize that banks be more lenient with small business loans to poor communities with poor credit ratings with little cost to the taxpayer or infringement of free market freedoms.

Also, didn't Jack Kemp champion the idea of enterprise zones in urban inner-city areas where the taxes would be lower? I genuinely wonder why that idea never got off the ground.

Edit: And again, credit to Paul for being the only Republican with the courage to go to places where he might not be as welcome as a Democrat to talk about policy.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 08:41:41 PM »

*bump*

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/222533-rand-paul-courts-the-black-vote

Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 11:26:53 PM »

Rand is going to be attacked for something his father did ?

Pretty obvious when your father is Ron Paul.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 09:36:30 AM »

Everything will be thrown at Paul the minute he gets above 5% in African Americans. The key how he responds.

I am rather impressed with him myself.
Representative Joe Mad
Joe Mad
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 03:42:03 AM »

Even with his faults (and speaking as a dem) the GOP would be a bunch of damn fools to not take some ques from Paul.  I genuinely feel like this dude has potential.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:19 AM »

Even with his faults (and speaking as a dem) the GOP would be a bunch of damn fools to not take some ques from Paul.  I genuinely feel like this dude has potential.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies