Democrats that vote in presidential years but don't in mid-terms. Who are they? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:11:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats that vote in presidential years but don't in mid-terms. Who are they? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats that vote in presidential years but don't in mid-terms. Who are they?  (Read 1012 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« on: October 14, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »

51 people voted on the University of Illinois campus in the last midterm election
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »

51 people voted on the University of Illinois campus in the last midterm election

I'm sure the students' turnout was atrocious, but in fairness, most people I knew in college stayed registered in their home districts and voted there.

Indeed, but compared to Presidential years 51 is terrifyingly low.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:26:31 AM »

You have got to be kidding.... That is awful. I've been working on all my friends here at Illinois to vote. Going to send in my absentee ballot tomorrow. Hopefully UI puts on a better show this year.

The Democratic candidates for State Rep as well as Congress here had an impressive season of voter registration at UIUC, so we'll see how many more vote this time. You should be voting here on campus, though. IL-13 is likely more competitive than your home district. Smiley

P.s. I know there's probably some political reason, but why don't they fill up Foellinger Auditorium down here for a gubernatorial debate? I guarantee the place would be packed and that would probably lead to most of them voting.

They actually tried to host a debate between Rauner and Quinn at Foellinger, but Rauner's team declined (Quinn accepted). It would have been cool.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies