There's only one candidate that can save the Republican Party...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:37:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  There's only one candidate that can save the Republican Party...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There's only one candidate that can save the Republican Party...  (Read 2739 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:54:28 PM »

Source:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/3-classic-ways-newt-gingrich-shuts-down-crazy-people-in-facebook-qa/
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »

Looks like Newt doesn't plan to run in 2016. These would be used against him in the primary for sure.

"Hoping Obama doesn't get an infectious disease and die?! RINO!"
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »

All Republicans must share the same opinions as idiots in a Facebook post's comments.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 07:30:50 PM »

Breaking news: Newt Gingrich declares candidacy for Democratic nomination in 2016. Preliminary polling shows he will carry all of the moon's delegates in the primaries.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 07:33:07 PM »

All Republicans must share the same opinions as idiots in a Facebook post's comments.

It's an Atlas fact.  This place is turning into SUCH a circle jerk of red avatars.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »

Odds that this is just an aide?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »

Very low.  He was holding a Q&A on his facebook page, which is a very Newt Gingrich-ish thing for him to be doing.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »

It's an Atlas fact.  This place is turning into SUCH a circle jerk of red avatars.
turning?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »

turning?

Not saying it was ever non-partisan, but I feel it's gotten much worse over the course of the two years I've been on here.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »

No, but most don't call them out on their BS. They do what John McCain did when that foaming-at-the-mouth Tea Partier ranted about him being a secret Muslim and he just offered some tepid assurance that Obama was a "decent man." Or they do what Mike Castle did when that foaming-at-the-mouth Tea Partier demanded to know where the birth certificate was and flinched.

Show me video footage of an elected official responding to their uninformed town hall constituents with a, "With all due respect, sir/ma'am, your comments are ill-informed and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about," and that person will have my vote.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »

I voted for the Newt in 2012. It took a couple Michelobs to do it, but I knew it was my duty.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 10:10:24 PM »

No, but most don't call them out on their BS. They do what John McCain did when that foaming-at-the-mouth Tea Partier ranted about him being a secret Muslim and he just offered some tepid assurance that Obama was a "decent man." Or they do what Mike Castle did when that foaming-at-the-mouth Tea Partier demanded to know where the birth certificate was and flinched.

Show me video footage of an elected official responding to their uninformed town hall constituents with a, "With all due respect, sir/ma'am, your comments are ill-informed and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about," and that person will have my vote.

McCain said you don't have to be scared of my opponent being elected. How often do you hear that?  He wasn't going to go on the attack against some confused old lady supporter of his, and no politician who had any interest in winning elections would.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 01:24:49 AM »

I've always had a soft spot for ol' Newt.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 01:36:02 AM »

McCain said you don't have to be scared of my opponent being elected. How often do you hear that?  He wasn't going to go on the attack against some confused old lady supporter of his, and no politician who had any interest in winning elections would.

McCain called his opponent "that one".
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »

McCain called his opponent "that one".

This BS again?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »

If you look past how horrible of a person he is, he really is a great guy.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 01:05:24 AM »

A former Speaker of the House responding to facebook comments? Wow.

At one point he was really into Second Life, convinced it would be the future of political engagement.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 01:08:51 AM »

At one point he was really into Second Life, convinced it would be the future of political engagement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOpOZ3Y9eD0
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 01:47:26 AM »

He is such a moron.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »

I've said it before: Newt Gingrich is one of the most bizarrely lovable men in politics.  As strange as it is, try meeting him in person and note the tremendous magnetism he possesses.  I'd never vote for the man, but he's so...self-confident that you can't help but root for the guy.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 05:57:20 PM »

I loved it in 2011 when his campaign was so broke that he couldn't fly anywhere, and then he and his wife spent three days "campaigning" in Hawaii for their anniversary:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=139759.0
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 03:57:58 AM »

Here's a Proposition where Newt Gingrich took the liberal position (in favor) while Dianne Feinstein took the conservative position (against).

http://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_47,_Reduced_Penalties_for_Some_Crimes_Initiative_(2014)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »

Here's a Proposition where Newt Gingrich took the liberal position (in favor) while Dianne Feinstein took the conservative position (against).

http://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_47,_Reduced_Penalties_for_Some_Crimes_Initiative_(2014)

Jeez, what is WRONG with Di-Fi? I might puke if she runs for re-election in 2018.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies