Jeb Bush versus Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb Bush versus Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush versus Mitt Romney  (Read 695 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:21:58 AM »

If they both decide to run for the nomination, who is more likely to end on top eventually?
Is there any possibility what so ever that they might even turn out to be the two last men standing in the race?
KCDem

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »

Romney isn't running, so give it a rest.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politicsnow/la-pn-ann-romney-new-center-study-neurological-diseases-20141014-story.html#page=1
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:33 AM »

Circumstances can change. Tongue

I actually think it's more likely that Romney will run than that Bush will run. Romney has been much more active lately than Bush, who has basically gone into hiding.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »

If the White Horse says he is going to going to run for President then his wife will submit as all Morman wives are expected to.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »

Circumstances can change. Tongue

I actually think it's more likely that Romney will run than that Bush will run. Romney has been much more active lately than Bush, who has basically gone into hiding.

Wasn't Bush just in Michigan this past week?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 02:44:32 PM »

Neither will.  Romney won because he was basically the only 'moderate' in a field full of flawed far right candidates.  If Bush and Romney end up competing for the moderate voters, they will both lose. 
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »

They would never both run, but I honestly think that Romney has a better chance of becoming the GOP nominee than Bush. As others on this board have pointed out, Romney is just a flip-flopping opportunist, whereas Bush continues to hold and defend positions despised by the GOP base.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »

They would never both run, but I honestly think that Romney has a better chance of becoming the GOP nominee than Bush. As others on this board have pointed out, Romney is just a flip-flopping opportunist, whereas Bush continues to hold and defend positions despised by the GOP base.

Basically this. There's no way they both run, the establishment wouldn't allow it. According to the rumor mill, Romney would only consider jumping in if Jeb didn't run.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 06:29:40 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2014, 06:31:17 PM by Yelnoc »

Basically this. There's no way they both run, the establishment wouldn't allow it. According to the rumor mill, Romney would only consider jumping in if Jeb didn't run.
Those two men and their supporters make up a significant portion of "the establishment." I agree in spirit though, I highly doubt Mitt would decide to run again if he thought Jeb was going to run; my reading of the situation is that a third Romney campaign is the "break glass in case of emergency" last option for "the establishment" (e.g. the Romney's, Bushes, and their donors) rather than something Mittens really wants to do.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 06:47:15 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2014, 11:27:34 PM by IceSpear »

I don't see them both running. Not because the establishment wouldn't allow it, but because they would take votes away from each other. Jeb would have less support too. Why do you guys think the establishment wouldn't allow it, but will allow Bush and Christie to both run?

The establishment has been skittish on Christie since Bridgegate.

And yeah, Bush and Romney ARE the establishment, that's why they'd settle whatever needed to be settled behind the scenes and certainly wouldn't run against each other. Romney has basically said he'd defer to Jeb if reports are to be believed.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 11:27:12 PM »

It's increasingly likely that Jeb Bush will run after all -his wife has finally come around.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 02:46:09 PM »

I don't see them both running. Not because the establishment wouldn't allow it, but because they would take votes away from each other. Jeb would have less support too. Why do you guys think the establishment wouldn't allow it, but will allow Bush and Christie to both run?
Christie and Bush both want to be President, and will run if they think there's a chance they'll get the nomination. Romney would only run as a last resort if there are no other establishment candidates in the running.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 03:43:30 PM »

The scenario where Romney runs is if by Aug/Sept 2015 there is no viable establishment candidate and he feels it is his duty to run to save the party.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 05:39:19 PM »

Jeb is running before Romney.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies