SEC Commissioner Silve retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:52:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  SEC Commissioner Silve retiring
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SEC Commissioner Silve retiring  (Read 315 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2014, 02:38:32 PM »

http://www.secsports.com/article/11700734/commissioner-slive-retire

SEC Conference Commissioner Michael Slive announced he would retire on July 31, 2015 due to a recurrence of prostate cancer. Slive, who previously served as Commissioner of Conference USA from 1995-2002, has overseen the SEC's rise to dominance in college athletics, with 67 National Titles in 15 sports that they sponsored, plus the establishment of the cash cow SEC Network.

Possible Replacements (My Opinion only) are; Texas A&M Chancellor John Sharp, Former U.S President George W. Bush, Alabama Athletic Director Bill Battle and Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:56:30 PM »

Possible Replacements (My Opinion only) are; Texas A&M Chancellor John Sharp, Former U.S President George W. Bush, Alabama Athletic Director Bill Battle and Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs.

You were joking weren't you?  The SEC will want to stay clear of politics as it might impact making money and why on earth would Dubya want a real job at this point? If Commissioner was mainly a ceremonial post, I could see him being interested, or even if it was the sort of job he'd only be expected to do for a year or two.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »

Good. He's an ass who only cares about the prestigious teams.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 08:31:23 PM »

You were joking weren't you?  The SEC will want to stay clear of politics as it might impact making money and why on earth would Dubya want a real job at this point? If Commissioner was mainly a ceremonial post, I could see him being interested, or even if it was the sort of job he'd only be expected to do for a year or two.

He's wanted to be MLB commissioner for years now... This isn't that far off.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:44:20 PM »

also, Jeb Bush reportedly was contacted about the NFL Commish job in 2006.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »

Dubya has a prior association with MLB, it would have more sense a few years ago, and last and definitely not least, anyone would be an improvement over Bud Selig.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »

Good. He's an ass who only cares about the prestigious teams.

Correct.  I bet 7/8ths of the country didn't know the SEC had a commissioner.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies