The Atlasia-Ireland Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:12:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia-Ireland Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia-Ireland Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)  (Read 666 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 15, 2014, 05:38:44 AM »

We encourage our supporters to turn off Dr. Who and turn on Atlasia's Got Talent.

This is literally the worst sentence you have ever written, Sen. TNF, sir. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Also how about we ask the Northern Irish what they think? Oh, wait, they'd oppose reunification.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »

We encourage our supporters to turn off Dr. Who and turn on Atlasia's Got Talent.

This is literally the worst sentence you have ever written, Sen. TNF, sir. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Also how about we ask the Northern Irish what they think? Oh, wait, they'd oppose reunification.

I don't see how blacklisting British entertainment would help the cause, to be fair.

As for the Northern Irish being in favor of remaining in Britain?  You and I both know it is very easy to distort public opinion on an issue if you got both the guns and the printing presses at your disposal.  The British Government has also got the Austerity Machine on it's side, which will inevitably make our argument much stronger in the years ahead.

Further, given how much support your own independence movement got (which I admittedly am one of very few members) I find your point pretty ironic.  I guess this goes to show that British Apologism is embraced even by so-called "Northeastern Catholics", lol.

We're not discussing asking Britain about Northern Ireland. We're discussing asking Northern Ireland about Northern Ireland, and while your points are legitimate I don't think it's reasonable to say "I support Irish reunification because Northern Ireland might support it too." I support the right of Northern Ireland to self-determination, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 03:44:29 PM »

I don't see how blacklisting British entertainment would help the cause, to be fair.

As for the Northern Irish being in favor of remaining in Britain?  You and I both know it is very easy to distort public opinion on an issue if you got both the guns and the printing presses at your disposal.  The British Government has also got the Austerity Machine on it's side, which will inevitably make our argument much stronger in the years ahead.

Further, given how much support your own independence movement got (which I admittedly am one of very few members) I find your point pretty ironic.  I guess this goes to show that British Apologism is embraced even by so-called "Northeastern Catholics", lol.

We're not discussing asking Britain about Northern Ireland. We're discussing asking Northern Ireland about Northern Ireland, and while your points are legitimate I don't think it's reasonable to say "I support Irish reunification because Northern Ireland might support it too." I support the right of Northern Ireland to self-determination, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Fair enough.

*shakes hands, blesses*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies