When will we spank ISIL?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:33:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  When will we spank ISIL?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will we spank ISIL?  (Read 613 times)
KCDem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:50:02 PM »

This dilly-dallying is getting annoying? When will the West release the kraken? How red will ISIL be from the thorough spanking it will receive?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 12:46:35 AM »

Airstrikes don't do anything. Even massive ones will not impact ISIS as well as boots on the ground. We've seen this time and time again.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:34:26 PM »

Two things :
- KCDem, whom I have on ignore so I had to actually show his OP, clearly has a spanking fetish, aside from a robotic history of posting "junk poll!" as 2/3 of his posts.
- so is it ISIS or ISIL ? Not following this much in English, so which one and what do both mean ? ISIS tends to put me in an Egyptian mythology mood, whereas ISIL rather brings me back to the times when I actually knew a little sindarin and memorized the whole lineage of Númenor...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »

ISIS is Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (or 'and Sham', the direct transliteration of the word that's used in Arabic); ISIL is Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »

Obama will support a ground war against ISIS as soon as he knows he can get away with it.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 09:03:42 PM »

- so is it ISIS or ISIL ? Not following this much in English, so which one and what do both mean ? ISIS tends to put me in an Egyptian mythology mood, whereas ISIL rather brings me back to the times when I actually knew a little sindarin and memorized the whole lineage of Númenor...

Neither. It's the Islamic State, or "IS" for short. The media/Western governments just call it ISIL as not to "legitimize" them by referring to them as the Islamic State. It used to be ISIL but they changed their name after becoming a bigger deal after their offensive in Iraq.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies