Atlasia vs President Cranberry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:12:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia vs President Cranberry
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia vs President Cranberry  (Read 407 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »

I am suing President Cranberry for blatant violations of the Atlasian Constitution; I seek an immediate injunction that prevents the following presidential order from taking effect.

Buffalo, New York:

It is with great joy that today, I can announce to the people of the Northeast Region and Atlasia at-large that we have finally found a compromise between the Government of Atlasia and the secessionist of Ganonsyoni. This area of Upstate New York, around Buffalo, Rochester and Utica is, together with the state of Vermont, to form an autonomous state of Ganonsyoni. This state will be part of the Northeast Region and the Republic of Atlasia, but will maintain a level of autonomy determined by its citizens and the Federal and Regional Government.
The following days, a board of negotiators comprised of Mr Alfred, leader of the Ganonsyonian people; Governor Talleyrand, SGO Mr X and yours truly will issue the binding legal contracts to establish Ganonsyoni.
Now, we can really say that we have achieved with peace and talk that could not be achieved with violence and aggression. Together, we united as one peaceful people, have made our nation whole and proud again. Long live Atlasia!

Neither the President nor his appointed representatives have any authority to establish this "autonomous state of Ganonsyoni" as it directly contravenes Article IV, Section 2 of the Atlasian Constitution, quoted below.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clause 5 specifically states the approval of the Senate is required to admit new States. Clause 2 and 3 require regional boundary changes to be approved by the Senate and the Regions affected; this presumably applies for the internal boundaries of the states that make up the region.

Furthermore, there is no "binding legal contracts to establish Ganonsyoni" that could possibly occur, because it's a basic tenet of contract law that contracts that break the law are invalid, and any contract that could establish a "free state" out of northern New York and Vermont is clearly illegal.

I therefore request the Supreme Court annul this agreement, to ensure our regions can't simply be redrawn by Presidential fiat.

BACON KINGMAN, ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:52:47 AM »

If I may present the court my opinion on this matter. The text above cited by the honourable AG Bacon King was a speech, not an executive order. The text of the speech therefore is in no way effective or binding, no action from my side, rather just an expression of my opinion at that time.
As such, I see no agreement or order being made, and therefore no need and no possibility for the Supreme Court to issue a ruling.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:11:58 AM »

The Atlasian Department of Justice is dropping this suit
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: