Is It Unfair that Caucasians Are So Diverse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:13:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is It Unfair that Caucasians Are So Diverse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is It Unfair that Caucasians Are So Diverse?  (Read 1693 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« on: October 16, 2014, 11:17:14 AM »

When it comes to hair and eye color, hair texture, skin tone, and physiognomic characteristics, Caucasians exhibit far more diversity than any other "race". I think that this is highly unfair. My solution:

Individuals exhibiting rare physical characteristics will be gathered from around the world (so from Europe and the European diaspora and from the Middle East, obviously, but also from certain populations in East Asia and Oceania) and settled in some sparsely-populated region. There, they will be encouraged to have as many children as possible. Once those children reach reproductive age, excess individuals will be relocated to parts of the world with less physical diversity (such as East Asia and sub-Saharan Africa), with the hope that they will introduce their diversity into the native population.

Thoughts?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »

Beyond anything else, sub-Saharan Africans show by far the most genetic diversity of any human "race".

I am aware. However, that genetic diversity does not manifest itself in physical diversity*, which is what this thread is about.

*Unless one lumps Khoisan and Pygmy people in with black Africans. Which I suppose that one could, since race is entirely made-up anyway.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »

Beyond anything else, sub-Saharan Africans show by far the most genetic diversity of any human "race".

I am aware. However, that genetic diversity does not manifest itself in physical diversity*, which is what this thread is about.

*Unless one lumps Khoisan and Pygmy people in with black Africans. Which I suppose that one could, since race is entirely made-up anyway.

Surely if you really wanted to boost diversity, genetic diversity is ultimately far more important than physical diversity? Seeing as a lack of genetic diversity could lead to a lack of adaptability, while a lack of physical variation doesn't really matter at all.

If I weren't trolling, I would say that genetic diversity is the more important of the two. Since I am trolling, I'll say that you can't see genetic diversity, so I don't care as much about it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

True. Though, by that same token, couldn't you say that nobody wants to have too much melanin in Canada or Scandinavia? Perhaps being a fair-complected African is just worse than not absorbing the proper amount of Vitamin D from the Sun.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »

Indeed. The people in this thread will no doubt be relieved to learn that I am not actually a crazy person... or, I am crazy enough to come up with an idea like this, but not crazy enough to want to see it implemented. 
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »

White people are not diverse in any way (lives in white suburbia)

Africans: Skin color: Dark brown, yellow (Khoisan), brown (Pygmies); Eye color: Dark brown; Hair Color: Black

Aborigines: Skin color: Dark brown; Eye color: Dark brown; Hair color: Black, brown, blond, red (rare)

Asians: Skin color: White, brown, yellow, red (Native Americans); Eye color: Dark brown; Hair color: Black, red (rare)

Caucasians: Skin color: White, pink, beige, brown; Hair color: Black, brown, blond, red; Eye color: Brown, blue, green, gray

You can see why I think that that diversity ought to be spread around.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies