David Byrne vs. David Bowie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:06:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  David Byrne vs. David Bowie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Byrne

Bowie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: David Byrne vs. David Bowie  (Read 874 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: October 17, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »

It's a tough choice. I really love Bowie albums betwen Hunky Dory and Diamond Dogs (including Ziggy Sturdust, of course), as well the Berlin albums (Low and Heroes). Note that all of them were released in the 70s, his best decade by far. Bowie's first albums in the late 60s have some remarkable songs, but I see them as a (somewhat unfocused) work in progress. Some of his 80s singles ('Let's Dance', 'Ashes to Ashes') are truly great in my opinion, but not the albums. As for his later production, I prefer drawing a veil. Admittedly, I didn't hear all of his albums in the 80s and 90s and nothing but a few songs released in the 2000s and 2010s.

The Talking Heads discography until Remain in Light is fantastic ('Burning Down the House' and 'Once In a Lifetime' are great tunes, who dares to say the opposite?) and there are good songs in Speaking in Tongues, Little Creatures or even in True Stories. I didn't hear too much of the albums made by David Byrne after the break to say that I have an informed opinion. I recall a couple of good tunes, but I didn't pay too much attention to his solo career.

I'd have to go with Bowie, but actually there is not a single Bowie. The 'White Duke' is, after all, called 'The Chameleon of Rock'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies