The Atlasian Universal Education Bill (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:25:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Universal Education Bill (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Universal Education Bill (Debating)  (Read 5578 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: October 16, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »

Slot: 3 (General, PPT Administered)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Senator Cynic, as sponsor you have 24 hours to make your case for this bill.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »

Should we continue here or does someone else support the motion to table?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »

I'm being a bit obsessive with the rules here, but would you mind motioning to withdraw, Cynic?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:16 PM »

Well, the rules do seem to favor Senators assuming sponsorships rather than just going to the vote, so Senators have 48 hours to object on Senator TNF assuming sponsorship. I'll remind the Senate that if we have an objection we will vote, and if the motion fails this shall be withdrawn from the floor.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »

Sorry, Senator TNF is now the sponsor of this bill.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »

Right, the amendment has been adopted. Final vote?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »

Hello, I just wanted to step in to state that I  completely share the concerns expressed before by Yankee and Polnut, and as I have talked in the past before the Senate I do not believe taxing the rich everything an expense comes up is the perfect solution.

Cranberry talked about the budget, and indeed, I do plan to make preparations to send a budget soon (especially considering we have little time before 2015 and we don't want to default, the DemPGH administration sadly failed to send a budget), but it would be better if we could find a way to fund this that doesn't involve yet another huge expense. I certainly look forward to see Yankee's possible solutions.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »

I share the question posed by Yankee regarding the costs here, I think that should be addressed before a final vote. Creating the budget will still take a few days since I've been busy with exams and I'm not really good with that type of task, but my research shows that we have been on quite the spending spree (and I say we because I am also guilty of this as a former Senator) for the past year. Cuts will have to be made, which is why I would prefer if this didn't add to the deficit.

That said, it is a truly interesting effort!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 12:07:53 AM »

The Senate will excuse me if I refrain from signing this one for one or two days, but I want to take another look at the expenses just to be one safe side. I trust Cranberry's calculations, but the more I think about the size of the deficit we probably have the more paranoid I get. Either way I'll sign (or redraft, which is not likely) this as soon as I can!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »

Redrafting is fun and I miss doing it!

Indeed!

Originally I planned to make more extensive changes, but I happen to agree with the spirit of the bill in the sense that we could reduce the burden placed on college students (which I have seen and experienced in real life), and I believe the calculations are reliable enough to approve this bill without being too paranoid about the budget.

Thus, my redraft proposal is fairly simple and straightforward: I propose to strike down Section 4 and modify Sections 3 and 6. Section 4 because it seems a bit pointless given that we can't force the Senate and Administration of that time to adopt a mechanism (as a precedent we have the creation of the position of Deputy Attorney General, which was supposed to be reviewed by the Senate later). Section 3 and 6 are more due to my belief that those changes should be made over a longer period of time, in the first case due to beaurocracy.

I also took the liberty of correcting a couple of minor mistakes:

Quote from: Restricted
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 08:52:30 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

x LumineVonReuental, President of Atlasia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies