Is hating hip-hop racist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:35:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Is hating hip-hop racist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is hating hip-hop racist?
Yes

No

It's racist for white people to listen to hip-hop (some people on Tumblr option)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Is hating hip-hop racist?  (Read 3414 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:08 AM »

Of course not. Is it racist to hate Tyler Perry movies?

For the record I've found that if a type of music is a target frequently and has a large Hatedom, it's a given that I hate it too (hip-hop, metal, country, pop and the garbage that 20RP12 likes).

You basically exclusively like a few incredibly specific types of post-punk music and you think everything else is garbage, right?  That's not racist, you just have ridiculously idiosyncratic taste in music.  You probably know why better than anyone else. 

I would just say, maybe give non-post punk music a try.  Maybe hip-hop isn't for you, but don't seem open-minded at all.  And, if you're going to compare an entire genre to a single hack film director, you make yourself look like an idiot. 
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:51:25 PM »

Might I also point out, what on Earth do you think I heard at college keg parties? Sure I did go to some "indie" ones but starting out it was typical keg parties with typical keg party music, meaning having to put up with this about a million times.

Although actually I don't mind it when drunk. That's basically the only time I like hip-hop music. In fact I use it as a measure of too drunk to drive, if hip-hop is playing and I like it, then yep, drunk.

Sober: That song is some of the most idiotic and disgusting trash ever recorded.

Oh yeah, the definitive hip-hop education, listening to Ludacris on repeat at an 18 year olds' frat party.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies