Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:57:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152424 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: November 09, 2014, 05:18:57 PM »

Would you just give it a chance and not take one little bity thing and blow it totally out of proportion?  You cannot accurately predict failure based on this.  If it becomes a trend, then maybe, but not off one incident.  You have to trust me here.  I know more about this job than you do and I know my boss better than you do.  So, just shut up and let me work.

This is why people accuse you of understating.  Originally posted, this was just "oh, we were done early so off I go!".  Now you are phrasing it as "an incident". 

Tell us, Bushie.  Was anyone else let go early on Friday? 

Yes
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1151 on: November 09, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »

That's how you want me to fail.  Then, you get mad at me or try to pry information out of me when I try to stay silent.  I seriously don't understand how you guys can say you're so concerned about me when you actively do things that are detrimental to the process.

If you actually believe that people's commentary here is detrimental to your success, then why do you keep posting in the Update thread?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1152 on: November 09, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »

Would you just give it a chance and not take one little bity thing and blow it totally out of proportion?  You cannot accurately predict failure based on this.  If it becomes a trend, then maybe, but not off one incident.  You have to trust me here.  I know more about this job than you do and I know my boss better than you do.  So, just shut up and let me work.

This is why people accuse you of understating.  Originally posted, this was just "oh, we were done early so off I go!".  Now you are phrasing it as "an incident". 

Yes

Okay.  Nothing to worry about then.  The commentary was not about people purposely guiding you towards failure as it was your tendency to sugarcoat things that might be negative.  Getting a big head (aka being prideful), as you've admitted, is one of your weaknesses.  You've shown in the past that having too optimistic an outlook in the face of potential pitfalls has hurt you.  Failing to study with your AutoCAD, for example.  That surely is not something you want to happen again? 
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1153 on: November 09, 2014, 06:08:04 PM »

We have plenty of work to do, like I said, it just wasn't worth starting a brand new project so late on a Friday.  It's better to start a new project at the beginning of the week whenever time permits.  He said it wasn't fair to me to make me twiddle my thumbs for 75 minutes when I could be enjoying an extra hour of my weekend them to pay me for 75 more minutes if they could avoid it.

FTFY
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1154 on: November 09, 2014, 09:44:23 PM »

Yes

Okay.  Nothing to worry about then.  The commentary was not about people purposely guiding you towards failure as it was your tendency to sugarcoat things that might be negative.  Getting a big head (aka being prideful), as you've admitted, is one of your weaknesses.  You've shown in the past that having too optimistic an outlook in the face of potential pitfalls has hurt you.  Failing to study with your AutoCAD, for example.  That surely is not something you want to happen again? 

That's what I've been trying to tell you!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1155 on: November 09, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »

I am just about 11 hours from the start of Week 2.  I am excited about another week, welcoming in some new people and learning more of my job at the same time.  I will be going to bed by 2230 so I can get about 7 hours sleep tonight and be rested for Monday.  This week should be a little busier than last week because we might be getting some of our changes starting to roll in, especially by Thursday and Friday.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1156 on: November 09, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »

What sort of food did granny cook for you today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1157 on: November 09, 2014, 09:55:07 PM »

I haven't moved over there, yet, because of all the company.  I won't be over there for another week.  I've been over at my parents' since I got down here two weeks ago.  I had Braum's for lunch and a couple ham sandwiches for supper.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1158 on: November 09, 2014, 10:20:12 PM »

I haven't moved over there, yet, because of all the company.  I won't be over there for another week.  I've been over at my parents' since I got down here two weeks ago.  I had Braum's for lunch and a couple ham sandwiches for supper.

What kind of burger did you have at Braum's.  I see their website is currently featuring a caesar burger of all things.  Yum!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1159 on: November 09, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

What kind of burger did you have at Braum's.  I see their website is currently featuring a caesar burger of all things.  Yum!

He gets the same burger every time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1160 on: November 09, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »

damn that caesar chicken sandwich does look good:

Unfortunately, Bushie doesn't like chicken. I guess he can have the caesar burger, but that's less appealing:

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1161 on: November 09, 2014, 11:00:03 PM »

Unfortunately, Bushie doesn't like chicken. I guess he can have the caesar burger, but that's less appealing:

Yea, all you have to do is say it. 

"Chicken caesar." 

"Beef caesar."

I'll have the chicken, please. 

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1162 on: November 09, 2014, 11:03:13 PM »

Yeah, I don't really know why, but beef with caesar salad just seems really gross to me.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1163 on: November 09, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »

Yeah, I don't really know why, but beef with caesar salad just seems really gross to me.

I've tried something similar to that. It just doesn't mix and it tastes like salad with greasy americaness. Chicken is obviously better.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1164 on: November 09, 2014, 11:41:47 PM »

Too much vegetables for our friend Bushie. Not enough bacon, either
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1165 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:13 AM »

I made it to work to begin Week 2 and Day 6.  I still have a moderate headache that is entering it's 9th day.  It refuses to leave...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1166 on: November 10, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »

True to my boss's word, we have 2 new guys starting today who are at their desks waiting for further instruction.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1167 on: November 10, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »

I made it to work to begin Week 2 and Day 6.  I still have a moderate headache that is entering it's 9th day.  It refuses to leave...

Jesus [Inks]!  What the hell? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1168 on: November 10, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »

Bushie always has a headache, HockeyDude. He is genetically disposed to them, but unlike most people with this problem, he doubles down on high sugar consumption, dehydration, and a sedentary lifestyle to make sure his headaches are constant and as painful as possible because he loves them apparently.

There's definitely an S&M kink to Bushie's underlying character.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1169 on: November 10, 2014, 12:58:52 PM »

Bushie always has a headache, HockeyDude. He is genetically disposed to them, but unlike most people with this problem, he doubles down on high sugar consumption, dehydration, and a sedentary lifestyle to make sure his headaches are constant and as painful as possible because he loves them apparently.

There's definitely an S&M kink to Bushie's underlying character.

I knew that he had the genetic disposition and that he gets headaches often... but NINE DAYS?!  I would be demanding opiates, but Bushie's Christian faith probably disqualifies him from a lot of the harder pain drugs. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1170 on: November 10, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »

His body is just responding to the lack of essential nutrients and minerals (due to his refusal to eat vegetables) and constant dehydration (due to his refusal to drink water).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1171 on: November 10, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »

It's sad that Lief has to post those parentheticals so our protagonist knows what we're talking about.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1172 on: November 10, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »

Hi, guys, it is lunch time.  My head still hurts, but it's not severe and is not stopping me today.  We are starting to get our changes starting to trickle in.  We received changes for four buildings from a base out west.  The lead drafter is having me experiment with a few things on those bases until he can get back to me around 1500.  These experiments won't become permanent on the drawing, so no need to worry.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1173 on: November 10, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »

It's sad that Lief has to post those parentheticals so our protagonist knows what we're talking about.

It's unfortunately easier to chalk it up to genetics than make a serious change in lifestyle.  I don't buy for a second that his doctor/nutritionist isn't horrified by his diet if he is in fact truthful to them about what he eats.  

I always wonder when Update has a diet episode what we can do or recommend to Bushie to improve what he puts into his body.  Unfortunately, even my recommendation of substituting ground beef with lean ground turkey (he even says he likes turkey) falls on deaf ears.  The mango thing?  I've completely given up on that one.  I've never met a person who didn't eat a fresh mango and didn't love it, but he would rather go to a chain and order chocolate cake to cure that sweet tooth.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1174 on: November 10, 2014, 01:16:16 PM »

Hi, guys, it is lunch time.  My head still hurts, but it's not severe and is not stopping me today.  We are starting to get our changes starting to trickle in.  We received changes for four buildings from a base out west.  The lead drafter is having me experiment with a few things on those bases until he can get back to me around 1500.  These experiments won't become permanent on the drawing, so no need to worry.

Bushie, improve my day by saying you are having just one sandwich and water for lunch. 
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies