Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:17:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152269 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: November 10, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »

Hi, guys, it is lunch time.  My head still hurts, but it's not severe and is not stopping me today.  We are starting to get our changes starting to trickle in.  We received changes for four buildings from a base out west.  The lead drafter is having me experiment with a few things on those bases until he can get back to me around 1500.  These experiments won't become permanent on the drawing, so no need to worry.

Bushie, improve my day by saying you are having just one sandwich and water for lunch.

I'm not going to lie like that.  One sandwich plus water is jail food and would leave me starving and cause me to gorge myself on dinner.  That's an unreasonable request.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1176 on: November 10, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »

Bushie has, in the past, stated that he always has a headache. That he has zero headache free days ever. And yet, he is now in the 9th day of a headache. Bushie, have you had your wisdom teeth removed? Yanking those suckers out can relieve a lot of pressure in your face and helps some people with headaches.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1177 on: November 10, 2014, 01:35:55 PM »

Hi, guys, it is lunch time.  My head still hurts, but it's not severe and is not stopping me today.  We are starting to get our changes starting to trickle in.  We received changes for four buildings from a base out west.  The lead drafter is having me experiment with a few things on those bases until he can get back to me around 1500.  These experiments won't become permanent on the drawing, so no need to worry.

Bushie, improve my day by saying you are having just one sandwich and water for lunch.

I'm not going to lie like that.  One sandwich plus water is jail food and would leave me starving and cause me to gorge myself on dinner.  That's an unreasonable request.

Slowly work your way down then.  Buy any dumbbells yet??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1178 on: November 10, 2014, 01:37:26 PM »

I had all four taken out in 2003.  This headache has consistently been a Grade 4-6.  It's never been a major headache, but it's higher than my normal 2-3 Grade.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1179 on: November 10, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »

Hi, guys, it is lunch time.  My head still hurts, but it's not severe and is not stopping me today.  We are starting to get our changes starting to trickle in.  We received changes for four buildings from a base out west.  The lead drafter is having me experiment with a few things on those bases until he can get back to me around 1500.  These experiments won't become permanent on the drawing, so no need to worry.

I'm not going to lie like that.  One sandwich plus water is jail food and would leave me starving and cause me to gorge myself on dinner.  That's an unreasonable request.

Slowly work your way down then.  Buy any dumbbells yet??

I'm not going to go down that low.  2 sandwiches is bare minimum of what I need.  I haven't been able to buy any, yet.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1180 on: November 10, 2014, 01:46:01 PM »

I had all four taken out in 2003.  This headache has consistently been a Grade 4-6.  It's never been a major headache, but it's higher than my normal 2-3 Grade.

Is the grade classification an actual clinical medical thing or is it your own construct?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1181 on: November 10, 2014, 01:53:11 PM »

It's my own construct on how severe it is.  It's definitely not scientific or medical, just a personal gauge.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1182 on: November 10, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »

What is a sandwich to you?  A couple slices of ham between Wonder Bread?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1183 on: November 10, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »

You're wasting your time, gents. Bushie is going to eat excess amounts of salt and sugar while keeping water and nutrients in moderation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving himself headaches. He knows he's going to have to cut back on headaches eventually but you cannot expect him to quit headaches cold turkey. He will continue to enjoy his headaches and maybe even an occasional chocolate migraine on weekends. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1184 on: November 10, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »

Hi, guys, it is lunch time.  My head still hurts, but it's not severe and is not stopping me today.  We are starting to get our changes starting to trickle in.  We received changes for four buildings from a base out west.  The lead drafter is having me experiment with a few things on those bases until he can get back to me around 1500.  These experiments won't become permanent on the drawing, so no need to worry.

I'm not going to lie like that.  One sandwich plus water is jail food and would leave me starving and cause me to gorge myself on dinner.  That's an unreasonable request.

Slowly work your way down then.  Buy any dumbbells yet??

I'm not going to go down that low.  2 sandwiches is bare minimum of what I need.  I haven't been able to buy any, yet.

That is why I said slowly.  Start at 2, then go down to 1 and 1/2 or hell 1 and 3/4 if you need to.  Drop down slightly, not saying going from 2 to 1 overnight.

As far as the dumbbells, you can get them for $20, what are you waiting for?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1185 on: November 10, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »

He's waiting for you to forget, Smash.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1186 on: November 10, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »

A 9 day headache sounds to me like the onset of a brain tumor.  Might want to get the Indians to check that for you.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1187 on: November 10, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »

A 9 day headache sounds to me like the onset of a brain tumor.  Might want to get the Indians to check that for you.

Native Americans, Joe.  Your words are hurtful to Bushie : (
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1188 on: November 10, 2014, 03:15:03 PM »

The lump on Bushie's brain is not a tumor. He is a guardian angel, or so he says. Nevertheless, he's delivered messages specifically from Jesus not to have it checked out or get it removed. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with listening to the voice in your head coming from the lump in your brain causing your headaches.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1189 on: November 10, 2014, 05:43:47 PM »

You know what some dudes in prison are? Freaking ripped and in a lot better shape than you are.  Surely they are getting enough nutrition from a prison food diet of one sandwich.  You just have a gluttony problem and zero self control and discipline.  The reason you are obese and get headaches are largely of your own making.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1190 on: November 10, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »

Pat, I realize some inmates are buff.  I guess I could eat that little amount of food, but it would take a heck of a lot of patience and discipline realizing I will never satisfy the hunger.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1191 on: November 10, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »

Pat, I realize some inmates are buff.  I guess I could eat that little amount of food, but it would take a heck of a lot of patience and discipline realizing I will never satisfy the hunger.

Well, you could satisfy that hunger by filling your stomach with celery, broccoli, carrots, spinach, etc., etc. But a las.

I don't think any of us would be able to satisfy ourselves eating nothing but ham and bread. That's why you are fat and we're not.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1192 on: November 10, 2014, 06:40:42 PM »

I believe Bushie claimed his headaches were hereditary and his mother has had a headache since 1969...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1193 on: November 10, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »

Pat, I realize some inmates are buff.  I guess I could eat that little amount of food, but it would take a heck of a lot of patience and discipline realizing I will never satisfy the hunger.

Well, you could satisfy that hunger by filling your stomach with celery, broccoli, carrots, spinach, etc., etc. But a las.

I don't think any of us would be able to satisfy ourselves eating nothing but ham and bread. That's why you are fat and we're not.

Ham sandwich would be a lunch of last resort for me.  So unsatisfying when I know I could be eating something tastier and wholesome.  Unbelievable that instead of finding such a bland food insufficient for the actual reasons that make it a crappy lunch, you cure that by eating TWO of them. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1194 on: November 10, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

Pat, I realize some inmates are buff.  I guess I could eat that little amount of food, but it would take a heck of a lot of patience and discipline realizing I will never satisfy the hunger.

Jeff, as others have said you have to wean yourself off the volume of food by eating higher quality, less caloric dense food, getting more fluids and eating some veg. Exercise in beginning of a diet can also stave off hunger, ironically.  A lot of time just staying active is key. If you are out doing stuff you are not sitting in front of the computer or tv mindlessly shoveling food in. There is also likely an emotional component here, people can feel unease and eat as a comfort.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1195 on: November 10, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »

Patrick is one of the few people who can truly lecture Bushie on this one. He's overcome overwhelming odds to be where he is today.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1196 on: November 10, 2014, 07:03:33 PM »

Patrick is one of the few people who can truly lecture Bushie on this one. He's overcome overwhelming odds to be where he is today.

yes but bushie doesnt care.

he literally doesnt get that his that his obesity will kill him.  he is in serious denial, like any addict.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1197 on: November 10, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »

yes but bushie doesnt care.

he literally doesnt get that his that his obesity will kill him.  he is in serious denial, like any addict.

Thanks Gramps. Yeah, 28 months sober, 140lbs down and keeping it off and 4 promotions in less than 2 years. However, I will not write Jeff off even though he drives me nuts.  I do not think Im special in any way. I put myself in the position I was in and got myself out, with many helping hands along the way of course. I think Jeff and everyone has it in them to improve their lot. Nothing is ever going to be perfect but you have to stay dedicated to continuous improvement.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1198 on: November 10, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »

If Bushie got started on the path to righteousness, he wouldn't want to stop. If he just hunkered down and forced himself to eat vegetables with every meal for two weeks and walk 30 minutes every day for two weeks, 90% chances are he wouldn't have to force himself by week three. 

He has yet to take the first step in either regard in 32 years on Earth. He doesn't get that the reason he doesn't want to eat healthy and exercise is because he doesn't eat healthy and exercise. If he just tried, his body and taste buds would adjust.

The only way it changes is if someone were to intervene in his life in OKC. It's not going to happen over the internet. He's too far gone.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1199 on: November 10, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »

If Bushie got started on the path to righteousness, he wouldn't want to stop. If he just hunkered down and forced himself to eat vegetables with every meal for two weeks and walk 30 minutes every day for two weeks, 90% chances are he wouldn't have to force himself by week three. 

He has yet to take the first step in either regard in 32 years on Earth. He doesn't get that the reason he doesn't want to eat healthy and exercise is because he doesn't eat healthy and exercise. If he just tried, his body and taste buds would adjust.

The only way it changes is if someone were to intervene in his life in OKC. It's not going to happen over the internet. He's too far gone.

Mecha is his only hope. 
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies