Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:56:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152375 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: November 12, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »

Yes. I seriously doubt Bushie has a special disease that makes the parameters of his headaches different than anyone else. He may not even have his mother's gene. He may have his fathers. It's hard to tell because he eats a diet that would give anybody a headache.

Until he starts drinking near a gallon water a day, eating spinach, mushrooms, avocados with every meal, and still has a headache, then he has a special disease. Otherwise, he's just being unhealthy.

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.

So you don't require water? Your body is perfectly healthy in a state of constant dehydration?

The Lord created his body without the need for water. He is special. You have no right to question this.  This is the absolute truth. Do not mock his faith!

You're putting words in my mouth...
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1351 on: November 12, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »

Yes. I seriously doubt Bushie has a special disease that makes the parameters of his headaches different than anyone else. He may not even have his mother's gene. He may have his fathers. It's hard to tell because he eats a diet that would give anybody a headache.

Until he starts drinking near a gallon water a day, eating spinach, mushrooms, avocados with every meal, and still has a headache, then he has a special disease. Otherwise, he's just being unhealthy.

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.

So you don't require water? Your body is perfectly healthy in a state of constant dehydration?

Everybody requires water.  I will admit I haven't been getting enough lately.

OK. Then I'm assuming that your body works differently? That when you don't receive enough water, your brain tissue doesn't dehydrate to a degree?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1352 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:47 PM »

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.

The Lord created his body without the need for water. He is special. You have no right to question this.  This is the absolute truth. Do not mock his faith!

You're putting words in my mouth...

Well, then how about putting your mouth under a tap and putting some water in it instead?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1353 on: November 12, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »

OK. Then I'm assuming that your body works differently? That when you don't receive enough water, your brain tissue doesn't dehydrate to a degree?

My headaches might very well be caused by lack of water.  I've never denied that.  Something has to be causing them.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1354 on: November 12, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »

Water may be good for some and bad for others. Some people may respond positively to vitamins and minerals while others may not need to eat them at all.

You know, science.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1355 on: November 12, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »

Water may be good for some and bad for others. Some people may respond positively to vitamins and minerals while others may not need to eat them at all.

You know, science.

Did you not read what I told J-Mann just a couple posts ago?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1356 on: November 12, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »

My headaches might very well be caused by lack of water.  I've never denied that.  Something has to be causing them.

OK, good ... you're starting to put together some basic cause-and-effect deductions here. So ... in that case, you're saying that your desire for taste overrides the pain you feel in your head that could be caused by you choosing taste over necessity?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1357 on: November 12, 2014, 10:00:43 PM »

BTW Bushie is sort of correct about caffeine. It is a stimulant. But people with ADHD like himself may not feel it as stimulant.

That has nothing to do with headache prevention, however. The fact is caffeine is 100% for all people, a diuretic, which causes dehydration and headaches. That is why he needs to stay away from regular and diet sodas.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1358 on: November 12, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »

You know, science.

So then why do you say "you've done all you can to treat these headaches" when you've had no water?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1359 on: November 12, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »

OK, good ... you're starting to put together some basic cause-and-effect deductions here. So ... in that case, you're saying that your desire for taste overrides the pain you feel in your head that could be caused by you choosing taste over necessity?

Sometimes, yes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1360 on: November 12, 2014, 10:11:12 PM »

You know, science.

So then why do you say "you've done all you can to treat these headaches" when you've had no water?

I was thinking more along the lines of medication.  Although, I realize it may be possible that I may have over-medicated this headache and it may have become resistant to medication.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1361 on: November 12, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »

BTW Bushie is sort of correct about caffeine. It is a stimulant. But people with ADHD like himself may not feel it as stimulant.

That has nothing to do with headache prevention, however. The fact is caffeine is 100% for all people, a diuretic, which causes dehydration and headaches. That is why he needs to stay away from regular and diet sodas.
Stimulants help with focusing, but they are by no means depressants. Nobody takes caffeine, or adderall, or cocaine, or whatever other stimulants and says, you know, this is just like xanax.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1362 on: November 12, 2014, 10:13:28 PM »

Bed time, folks.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1363 on: November 12, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »

Sometimes, yes.

Then what's wrong with getting a glass of water? Unless it's pure laziness or defiance of good suggestion, there's no reason not to hydrate more. Right?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1364 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:27 PM »

Sometimes, yes.

Then what's wrong with getting a glass of water? Unless it's pure laziness or defiance of good suggestion, there's no reason not to hydrate more. Right?

Don't worry: he's planning on getting a glass of water at some point in the future, but do remember that he is trying his best.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1365 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:59 PM »

He's not going to drive around for 2 hours to get a glass of water, guys. That's ridiculous.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1366 on: November 12, 2014, 10:23:55 PM »

breaking news: 1/2 of an inch of snow is possible in okc.

Now we can RIP job : (

I've actually gotten better driving in the snow since I spent two winters ago in Utah.  A half inch that will be gone by Monday is nothing.  That said, since I do have to drive 32 miles to work one way, my dad has asked me to spot nearby hotels for the heavier snow conditions as we get deeper into Winter.  Even though I'm better at driving, it would make no sense to drive 32 miles on icy roads.  My nerves would be shot and my parents' nerves would be shot...
How did this gem sneak by without any replies?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1367 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »

Bushie, stop trying to rationalize this.  No one made you go up to your boss and tell him about the headache.  If you had an ounce of determination and drive to do well in your new job you would've powered through your day, went home, drank some water, and went to bed.  Just because he's a nice guy and let you bounce early doesn't mean he didn't know exactly what you were trying to do.  "Oh, do you want me to stay and finish a few more"?  What a crock of [Inks].  You shouldn't have asked the question in the first place.  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1368 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:47 PM »

I've actually gotten better driving in the snow since I spent two winters ago in Utah.  A half inch that will be gone by Monday is nothing.  That said, since I do have to drive 32 miles to work one way, my dad has asked me to spot nearby hotels for the heavier snow conditions as we get deeper into Winter.  Even though I'm better at driving, it would make no sense to drive 32 miles on icy roads.  My nerves would be shot and my parents' nerves would be shot...

Where the hell is this job?

I'm hoping he meant 3.2
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »

Oh jesus.  Does Papa Bushie have a death wish for his own retirement fund?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »

It does seem that it costs Mama and Papa Bushie quite a lot of money to keep Bushie in jobs between all the hotels, gas money, schools, and phony job scams. It'd be a helluva lot cheaper for them to just accept that Bushie is completely unemployable and give him back the Train Room.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2014, 10:39:48 PM »

It does seem that it costs Mama and Papa Bushie quite a lot of money to keep Bushie in jobs between all the hotels, gas money, schools, and phony job scams. It'd be a helluva lot cheaper for them to just accept that Bushie is completely unemployable and give him back the Train Room.

Gotta keep the Leave It To Beaver 50s Americana White Picket Fence dream going, memph. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »

Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat on ESPN.  That's what I'm watching tonight.

How could you stand a bright, loud television with a Grade 8 headache?

It's come way down since I got a 5 hour nap today.  It is now a Grade 4, occasionally Grade 5.  If it were still the way it was this morning, then I would be in bed right now.  As it is right now, it is moderate, at best.  That's a result of 1) prayer, 2) migraine pill, and 3) rest.  If it continues at this lower level, then there is no doubt I'll go in tomorrow.

WTF
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1373 on: November 12, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »

1.  Lack of Water

2.  Eating like s***

3.  Exercising even less than you drink water
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1374 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:23 PM »

A five hour nap during the day? Unbelievable.

The one good thing that could possibly come from this is that everything said and done by Bushie is a case in point for what you do NOT want to do.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies