Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:14:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151959 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: November 17, 2014, 10:55:28 AM »

I got a pleasant surprise early this morning. My boss sent out a mass text to all of us peasants saying that because of the roads today was optional.  He said it was our call, just be safe.  So, I stayed home today.  I was really dreading the 25 mile drive on ice, so I'm glad he sent out a mass text.  That's the sign of a good boss!!

Here are OKC's roads this morning. Go ahead ... go to oktraffic.org and look at the live camera feeds from their ITS. Cars are crawling along at only 60, maybe 70 miles per hour!

This isn't the sign of a good boss, and your quickly taking him up on his offer isn't the sign of a cautious employee. You're a lazy lump of a man who takes any opportunity he can grasp for a "snow day" ... as if you're 10 years old again.

Those roads and whatever "weather" you got are no hindrance to anyone, let alone someone who's grown up in this type of environment. You won't go in because you don't want to go in. And he sent a mass text because, as Gramps said, it's a body mill. This is his excuse not to manage basic and annoying people for the day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1601 on: November 17, 2014, 10:58:02 AM »

I got a pleasant surprise early this morning. My boss sent out a mass text to all of us peasants saying that because of the roads today was optional.  He said it was our call, just be safe.  So, I stayed home today.  I was really dreading the 25 mile drive on ice, so I'm glad he sent out a mass text.  That's the sign of a good boss!!

Here are OKC's roads this morning. Go ahead ... go to oktraffic.org and look at the live camera feeds from their ITS. Cars are crawling along at only 60, maybe 70 miles per hour!

This isn't the sign of a good boss, and your quickly taking him up on his offer isn't the sign of a cautious employee. You're a lazy lump of a man who takes any opportunity he can grasp for a "snow day" ... as if you're 10 years old again.

Those roads and whatever "weather" you got are no hindrance to anyone, let alone someone who's grown up in this type of environment. You won't go in because you don't want to go in. And he sent a mass text because, as Gramps said, it's a body mill. This is his excuse not to manage basic and annoying people for the day.

Your opinion does not count.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1602 on: November 17, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »

I got a pleasant surprise early this morning. My boss sent out a mass text to all of us peasants saying that because of the roads today was optional.  He said it was our call, just be safe.  So, I stayed home today.  I was really dreading the 25 mile drive on ice, so I'm glad he sent out a mass text.  That's the sign of a good boss!!

Forget my opinion. Look at facts. You cannot disprove the live camera feeds or the ITS data that shows the roads were fine. Or do you live in a fantasy world where the data staring you in the face is "optional" for you, too? I guess that's why you're in the health you're in.

This is probably his way of testing whether you're dedicated to the position or not. But of course, you never would have thought about that. Good boss, indeed!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1603 on: November 17, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »

Whose opinion does count?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1604 on: November 17, 2014, 11:02:16 AM »

You know what, I don't have to be ridiculed and mocked over a very trivial matter at best.  Nobody's opinion except mine and my boss's count.  Update is going on hiatus for a while.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1605 on: November 17, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »

Forget my opinion. Look at facts. You cannot disprove the live camera feeds or the ITS data that shows the roads were fine. Or do you live in a fantasy world where the data staring you in the face is "optional" for you, too? I guess that's why you're in the health you're in.

This is probably his way of testing whether you're dedicated to the position or not. But of course, you never would have thought about that. Good boss, indeed!

It's funny how J-Mann has gone from Bushie's savior and mentor to the Anti-Christ whose opinions don't count.

He's not worth it, Jesse.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1606 on: November 17, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »

You know what, I don't have to be ridiculed and mocked over a very trivial matter at best.  Nobody's opinion except mine and my boss's count.  Update is going on hiatus for a while.

When he RIP's you I want to hear how wonderful his opinion is.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1607 on: November 17, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »

You know what they say: "When the going gets slightly normal for a 32-year-old adult, he snuggles in for a snow day like an idiot man-child ..."

Bossy wossy says I didn't hafta dwive cause it was chilly out! What a nice man!!

You're dedicated to nothing except your own sloth and the perpetuation of your leeching lifestyle.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1608 on: November 17, 2014, 11:10:49 AM »

When he RIP's you I want to hear how wonderful his opinion is.

Oh, but you've seen that song and dance before. That wonderful boss turns into a demanding ass (ya know, for insisting that someone do their job) and not a nice guy, and the job will turn out to be a "bust."

The only thing that's ever been a bust in this entire narrative is Jeff. Being nice and trying to encourage him hasn't done sh[ink].
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1609 on: November 17, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »

He's missed 3 days and worked 9.  That's a good 66% attendance rate.  In a body mill that might fly for a while.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1610 on: November 17, 2014, 11:16:19 AM »

I like how Bushie considers essentially quitting his job to be a "trivial matter at best."
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1611 on: November 17, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »

Say what you will about missing work; telling J-Mann, someone who has literally called your former boss to vouch for you and has actually tried to help instead of simply making fun of you for the past half-decade, to basically F off is the more ludicrous and childish behavior here.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1612 on: November 17, 2014, 11:19:17 AM »

I like how Bushie considers essentially quitting his job to be a "trivial matter at best."

And this is a guy who claims he's interested in "building a career." At some point, he actually has to help himself do that.

But, ya know ... "plans" ...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1613 on: November 17, 2014, 11:20:42 AM »

I do hope that grandma Bushie gives him a good, hard spanking after she finds out that he skipped work this morning.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1614 on: November 17, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »

Say what you will about missing work; telling J-Mann, someone who has literally called your former boss to vouch for you and has actually tried to help instead of simply making fun of you for the past half-decade, to basically F off is the more ludicrous and childish behavior here.

Yes, this tells us a lot about the heart inside of our godly Bushie.  Maybe God will wisper in his ear the screwing over a friend like Jesse is wrong.  If Bushie is the kind of person he wants to convert kids to, then heaven help the kids.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1615 on: November 17, 2014, 11:24:30 AM »

Bushie, you only work out to be a 32-year old man in averages.  

You have the mannerisms of a senior citizen.
-pointless errands to check on things
-your parents and grandparents are your social circle, with few friends to speak of
-many, many, many family dinners at boring chain restaurants like Cracker Barrel
-a "wild night" consists of board games
-you are a tag-along at kiddie parties

Yet.
-you live almost entirely off your parents
-Mom takes you clothes shopping to get slacks
-your diet is that of a 7 year old, you like almost nothing besides stuff that can be microwaved, and you can't cook simple things like spaghetti
-you are a tag-along when Mom and Dad go on vacation
-you anticipate Christmas in ******* June
-Yay!  A snow day!

Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1616 on: November 17, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »

And honestly Bushie, since the roads are clear, you'd be so much better off going into work for a few hours, winning some brownie points with the boss, and then rewarding yourself tonight with some Little Caesar's, Dr. Pepper, and Steelers-Titans.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1617 on: November 17, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »

He's missed 3 days and worked 9.  That's a good 6675% attendance rate.  In a body mill that might fly for a while.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1618 on: November 17, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »

He's missed 3 days and worked 9.  That's a good 6675% attendance rate.  In a body mill that might fly for a while.

I think he means he's worked 6 out of 9, missing 3.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1619 on: November 17, 2014, 11:35:58 AM »

I think he means he's worked 6 out of 9, missing 3.

Yes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1620 on: November 17, 2014, 11:59:46 AM »

LOL
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1621 on: November 17, 2014, 12:03:04 PM »

Oh, a snow day! What a coincidence! I wonder what the excuse for tomorrow will be.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1622 on: November 17, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »

A Snow Day Family Dinner tonight will give him a Grade 7 headache.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1623 on: November 17, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »

Eraserhead controls the thread, you can sit by and watch.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1624 on: November 17, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »

The Facialbooks has provided us an Update update:

Bushie will be traversing the treacherous frozen Oklahoma tundra to get a half day of CAD(D) in.  Wonderful news!  

If we are going to berate Bushie for backtracking on good Plans to make bad decisions, we have to commend when he backtracks on bad Plans to make good decisions.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies