Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151401 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »

i think im worth $20/hour.  im not getting paid $20.  So i think i will just go in and quit my job.

/bushielogic

That is not my logic at all.  My logic is, I'm worth $20, I likely won't get paid $20, but I won't quit my job.  You notice my low end threshold is nearly half of what I think I'm worth.  I fully understand others may not think I'm worth $20.  Some may think less, but some may think more.  That's why I said worth does not factor into my job search at all or my consideration of a job.

"My low end threshold is nearly half of what I think I'm worth. . . worth does not factor into my job search at all."

The lowest wage you'll accept is $11/hour but you will not take that into consideration when looking for a job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »

Bushie, stating you physically get easily exhausted, can't do the physical labor to work fast food, mentally do not improve fast enough in your educated field, mentally are prone to boneheaded mistakes, emotionally struggle with customer service interaction, etc. only paints a picture that you are completely unfit for any kind of employment.

Given your monetary demands and your admitted shortcomings, I couldn't create a stable job for you if I tried. I've worked in offices a long time and just running through all the tasks that have to be performed from bottom to top:

>File clerk, a lot of bending, standing, moving around. No.
>Mail clerk, can't live heavy shipped items like paper and bottled water. No.
>Front receptionist, not physically attractive for customers. No.
>Secretary/general clerk, can't answer the phones. No.
>Custodian, too much physical labor. No.
>Proofreader, ADHD and slow at learning to understand new material. No.
>Accountant, paralegal, bookkeeping, server administration, etc., etc. no education credentials

Okay, you have gone too far in the other direction.  I can work almost a lot of jobs.  If I put my mind to it, I could lift that grease pan.  I could stand behind the counter at the department store.  I've got a lot of things I can do if I set my mind to it and that was my means of paying my bills.  I may hate myself in the evenings or in my off-hours just by being dog tired, but I can do it.  I may be a wimp, but I'm not totally useless.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2014, 04:37:06 PM »

i think im worth $20/hour.  im not getting paid $20.  So i think i will just go in and quit my job.

/bushielogic

That is not my logic at all.  My logic is, I'm worth $20, I likely won't get paid $20, but I won't quit my job.  You notice my low end threshold is nearly half of what I think I'm worth.  I fully understand others may not think I'm worth $20.  Some may think less, but some may think more.  That's why I said worth does not factor into my job search at all or my consideration of a job.

"My low end threshold is nearly half of what I think I'm worth. . . worth does not factor into my job search at all."

The lowest wage you'll accept is $11/hour but you will not take that into consideration when looking for a job?

I just need a job, a good job that I can get closer to funding my own bills.  I can't do that very easy with anything less than $11.00.  I "might" consider $10.00 if I find the right opportunity, but definitely not single digits.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

Bushie, muscles lift grease pans not minds. If by "put your mind to it" you mean hit the gym and do some squats until you have enough lower body strength to carry the grease, yes, but I know you well enough to know you mean "Focus on Grease Pans" aka do nothing but hope.

If your back hurts from standing too long and your cardio system makes you exhausted from moving around too much, there's nothing mentally you can do about it.  You're going to be in tremendous pain.

Now, if you want to get on a diet of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables, and get a personal trainer, and work out every day, and lose a bunch of weight instead of getting a job, IMO that would be tremendously worth it and would make you far more employable. But we know that's not going to happen. As you are physically, combined with your ADHD and Tourette's you are unemployable at more than the minimum wage. Perhaps unemployable period.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »

Bushie, muscles lift grease pans not minds. If by "put your mind to it" you mean hit the gym and do some squats until you have enough lower body strength to carry the grease, yes, but I know you well enough to know you mean "Focus on Grease Pans" aka do nothing but hope.

If your back hurts from standing too long and your cardio system makes you exhausted from moving around too much, there's nothing mentally you can do about it.  You're going to be in tremendous pain.

Now, if you want to get on a diet of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables, and get a personal trainer, and work out every day, and lose a bunch of weight instead of getting a job, IMO that would be tremendously worth it and would make you far more employable. But we know that's not going to happen. As you are physically, combined with your ADHD and Tourette's you are unemployable at more than the minimum wage. Perhaps unemployable period.

To be fair, my lone fast food experience was 15 years ago at the end of my sophomore year of high school in May 1999 at the local KFC.  I don't really know what I could do now.

On the standing and moving, like I said I may hate myself during my off-hours, as in being in pain, but I could still do it.

I respectfully disagree that I'm unemployable.  My Tourette's are not a stumbling block to employers because they know it's not my fault that I have it and most of the time, my tics don't show up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »

You've gained a lot of weight from doing no physical exercise since 1999. You'd do about the same or worse.

Hating yourself during off hours is a recipe for quitting/getting fired aka unemployable. If you are going to hate yourself off hours, you aren't fit to do the job.

It's not a stumbling block on its own, but combined with your other problems, it makes it difficult to find something for you to do. If you were fit but had Tourettes and ADHD, there are things you could do. If you had Tourettes and obesity but not ADHD, there are things you could do. All things combined? There's not one task that wouldn't be physically painful or mentally/emotionally straining on you.

You like the idea of working, but you can't actually work. You've proven that time and time again.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »

Bushie should just go on the government dole. When Momma and Papa Bushie croak, he'll be forced to do it then, so he might as well get it over with now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2014, 05:15:18 PM »

You've gained a lot of weight from doing no physical exercise since 1999. You'd do about the same or worse.

Hating yourself during off hours is a recipe for quitting/getting fired aka unemployable. If you are going to hate yourself off hours, you aren't fit to do the job.

It's not a stumbling block on its own, but combined with your other problems, it makes it difficult to find something for you to do. If you were fit but had Tourettes and ADHD, there are things you could do. If you had Tourettes and obesity but not ADHD, there are things you could do. All things combined? There's not one task that wouldn't be physically painful or mentally/emotionally straining on you.

You like the idea of working, but you can't actually work. You've proven that time and time again.

So, you're God now?  I didn't know that...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »

bushie were you fired from kfc?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »

No, I left on my own.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2014, 05:55:24 PM »

So, tomorrow, I have a CAD interview at 1000 and then will go straight to a Tulsa Career Fair afterwords.  I know no one here believes I will get either job, but is it wrong or misguided for me to have faith in myself and my abilities?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2014, 06:12:04 PM »

King, you better get some ointment for that sick burn.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »

So, tomorrow, I have a CAD interview at 1000 and then will go straight to a Tulsa Career Fair afterwords.  I know no one here believes I will get either job, but is it wrong or misguided for me to have faith in myself and my abilities?

You've demonstrated shoddy abilities time and time again (see: All Update, King's Post), that end up getting you fired from a wide variety of employers. But this isn't where the Atlas community damns you. The community has continually stepped in again and again and told you explicitly things you could and must do to improve your life. You could do CAD(D) prep, or interview prep, learn to cook, or exercise, but you opt to do none of these things and instead sleep for 12 hours, watch TV for 10, nap for 1.5, and then fill out job applications for half an hour.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 06:42:02 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

So, tomorrow, I have a CAD interview at 1000 and then will go straight to a Tulsa Career Fair afterwords.  I know no one here believes I will get either job, but is it wrong or misguided for me to have faith in myself and my abilities?

You've demonstrated shoddy abilities time and time again (see: All Update, King's Post), that end up getting you fired from a wide variety of employers. But this isn't where the Atlas community damns you. The community has continually stepped in again and again and told you explicitly things you could and must do to improve your life. You could do CAD(D) prep, or interview prep, learn to cook, or exercise, but you opt to do none of these things and instead sleep for 12 hours, watch TV for 10, nap for 1.5, and then fill out job applications for half an hour.

Wow, you are completely misguided.  I do not always sleep for 12 hours, that's a rarity.  Watching TV for 10+ hours is only on weekends.  I job search and prep for interviews ALL DARN DAY!!!!!  You have absolutely zero right of accusing me otherwise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2014, 06:45:14 PM »

Nothing what King has mentioned is truthful.  He doesn't have any of the answers.  I certainly know more about my abilities and what I can do than he does.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »

Let me just say, I don't have all the answers, either, and I do value your advice, but I value constructive advice, not posts that attack my abilities.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2014, 06:56:09 PM »

I've seen people fatter than Bushie deliver pizzas. It really is the perfect job for him. It even pays the amount of money he requires for consideration. What's the holdup? I'll even help a bit.

Domino's
7114 SE 15th Street
Midwest City, OK 73110
(405) 733-5224

4843 SE 44th Street
Del City, OK 73115
(405) 670-5767

1514-A SE 44th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73129
1 block(s) east of of I-35 on SE 44th.
(405) 670-6000

117 Toby Keith Ave
Moore, OK 73160
(405) 793-1988

Pizza Hut
14729 NE 23rd St., Suite 103
Choctaw, OK 73020
(405) 281-6772

2839 S Douglas Blvd Ste 110
Midwest City, OK 73130
(405) 732-5959

4436 S Sunnylane Rd
Del City, OK 73115
(405) 672-2762

Papa Johns

4745 SE 29TH ST
DEL CITY, OK 73115
Phone: (405)619-9500

1040 S Douglas Blvd
Midwest City, OK 73130
(405)741-7900

735 NW 12TH ST
MOORE, OK 73160
(405)793-7100
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2014, 07:05:32 PM »

Let me just say, I don't have all the answers, either, and I do value your advice, but I value constructive advice, not posts that attack my abilities.

See, you don't understand what constructive advice is. All of the advice here has been constructive. What you are looking for is for us to blindly cheer you on as you walk towards another dead end like your family/friends do when we know how it will end. You have strengths and you have weaknesses. We all do. "Thinking" about things harder or focusing harder on things doesn't always lead to success.

I don't think any Updaters want to see you fail, but you are by far your biggest enemy. Sometimes I wonder if you even read what you are saying.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2014, 07:14:01 PM »

See, you don't understand what constructive advice is. All of the advice here has been constructive. What you are looking for is for us to blindly cheer you on as you walk towards another dead end like your family/friends do when we know how it will end. You have strengths and you have weaknesses. We all do. "Thinking" about things harder or focusing harder on things doesn't always lead to success.

I don't think any Updaters want to see you fail, but you are by far your biggest enemy. Sometimes I wonder if you even read what you are saying.

I know my abilities and I am an excellent judge of my own abilities.  The forum as a whole (not all, but most) says I have no meaningful abilities, thinks I am mentally ill, thinks i am worthless to society, etc.  Or, at least that's what I get from it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »

I... I don't get the connection with what I said and God.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »

I know my abilities and I am an excellent judge of my own abilities.  The forum as a whole (not all, but most) says I have no meaningful abilities, thinks I am mentally ill, thinks i am worthless to society, etc.  Or, at least that's what I get from it.

First, you are not an excellent judge of your own abilities. Multiple times we have seen you exclaim that you are doing just excellent only to hear you were fired literally days later for poor performance. Unfortunately, you are very poor at judging your abilities, your skills and your job performances. Evidence confirms this regardless of what you say.

Second, no one has said you are mentally ill. We have said you have some mental issues, but again, we all do, and many of us have been to psychologists in the past to deal with those issues, myself included, I am not ashamed to say.

Third, no one is saying you are worthless to society, but you do have weaknesses that leave you unable to do certain kinds of work. The problem is, you refuse to do certain kinds of work you can do that could lessen the pressure on your parents checkbook, viewing that work as beneath your holy self, all the while holding out for a specific job that may never come. You have basically said you prefer to make $0/hour over making any money because that somehow helps your parents out financially.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »

I know my abilities and I am an excellent judge of my own abilities.  The forum as a whole (not all, but most) says I have no meaningful abilities, thinks I am mentally ill, thinks i am worthless to society, etc.  Or, at least that's what I get from it.
When you refuse paid employment that you could do because you think it is beneath you and, instead, watch 4 football games plus hours more of reality tv claptrap, you make yourself worthless to society.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »

I... I don't get the connection with what I said and God.

You think you know definitively that I can't work?  Only God knows that.  Not you. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 07:25:27 PM by King »

You think you know definitively that I can't work?  Only God knows that.  Not you.  

Well, considering you're 32 and perpetually unemployed, I think GOD is trying to tell you something. Unless he's specifically spoken to you and told you something else.

You have no meaningful abilities AS IS Bushie. This isn't a diss on you but a BIBLICAL TRUTH: "for whatever a man sows, that is what he shall reap"

If you sowed exercise and diet, you'd be very good for physical labor and reap a job
If you sowed spending every day working on AutoCAD, you'd be very good very good for CAD and reap a job.
If you sowed every day working on your public speaking skills, you'd might even be very good for customer service jobs and a reap a job.

HOWEVER, you spend every day whether it's 1 hour or 10 hours watching TV, napping, and eating, so as is you're only good at watching TV, napping, and eating. You sow nothing and reap no money.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »

Sure, I have bad luck on the job search, I am not denying that.  Some of it has been self-inflicted.  I'm not denying that, either.  But, that doesn't mean I am not trying to look for meaningful work.  I look for jobs all day long and have been preparing for my interview all day long when I haven't been posting on the forum.  I take time to enjoy myself, as everybody should, but I do take the time to improve myself.  I haven't been home since Thursday so I can't practice my CAD.  I can practice and watch TV at the same time and I don't have to spend all my time on it, either.  I need to spend more than I'm doing now, but I don't need to practice it for hours and hours every single, solitary day.  I am very good at public speaking (I am a supply preacher).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies