Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:48:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 150929 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: October 22, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »

Bushie was saying how proud he was that he paid a bill today. Turns out his parents are the ones who paid for it.
Not surprised....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »

As a good son, I did call my mother and thank her.  Now, we can start snowballing onto the next bill in November which is my college loan.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #252 on: October 22, 2014, 03:12:52 PM »

As a good son, I did call my mother and thank her.  Now, we can start snowballing onto the next bill in November which is my college loan.

why is it always 'we'. 

and bushie is tonight the first night of autocad study?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #253 on: October 22, 2014, 03:17:45 PM »

It's a collaborative effort, Walter. Bushie racks up the debt and his parents pay it off. We.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: October 22, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »

why is it always 'we'. 

I helped a little with the bills when I was working.  Granted, this payoff was all her, but I helped get it down to where I could pay it off.

As far as AutoCAD, I do plan on revving it up tonight, making sure it still works and all and playing with it for a little while after church while I watch Game 2 of the World Series.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #255 on: October 22, 2014, 03:30:31 PM »

ummm it's a computer program, not an old car, why wouldn't it still work?

Do you plan on ever practicing your CAD(D) with the television off?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »

why is it always 'we'. 

I helped a little with the bills when I was working.  Granted, this payoff was all her, but I helped get it down to where I could pay it off.

As far as AutoCAD, I do plan on revving it up tonight, making sure it still works and all and playing with it for a little while after church while I watch Game 2 of the World Series.

you helped a 'little' when you were working?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2014, 03:35:43 PM »

why is it always 'we'. 

you helped a 'little' when you were working?

Trying to be humble and give her more credit.  Of course I helped with what my budget would allow.  She picked up the slack.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »

ummm it's a computer program, not an old car, why wouldn't it still work?

Do you plan on ever practicing your CAD(D) with the television off?

Just make sure my license hasn't expired.  It's supposed to be a 3-year license, so I should be okay, but I want to make sure.

Yes, when the computer is over at Grandma's and I am staying over there, the computer will be in a room with only standard definition cable on a small TV, so it would be less straining on the eyes to just turn the TV off.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2014, 03:44:05 PM by Grumpy Old Fart »

Just make sure my license hasn't expired.  It's supposed to be a 3-year license, so I should be okay, but I want to make sure.

If you're uncertain then you haven't turned the program on in ages, in spite of telling us that you did.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #260 on: October 22, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »

Just make sure my license hasn't expired.  It's supposed to be a 3-year license, so I should be okay, but I want to make sure.

If you're uncertain then you haven't turned the program on in ages, in spite of telling us that you did.

shocking.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: October 22, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »

I just checked and it opens like a charm. Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #262 on: October 22, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

I have zero actual knowledge of the CADD industry, but from the way Bushie describes things, it seems standard to hire just about anybody temporarily on a 3 month trial. It doesn't sound like a usual job hire, where they make damn sure you're the right person before they offer you the job. I can see the advantages of doing things this way. It's not so crazy. And it's nice that it offers more people a chance to get a foot in the door than might be the case otherwise. Problem is, the Bushie family have a 1957 perspective on it, where "you're hired" means something very different than what is really the case. Bushie, they've allowed you an audition. Nothing more. Don't screw it up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

Just make sure my license hasn't expired.  It's supposed to be a 3-year license, so I should be okay, but I want to make sure.

It had been a couple months.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »

I love Bushie. "I just paid off a bill!" when in reality his parents paid it off.

Are all your bills paid off now like credit cards, etc, or are those still a problem?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-released-after-being-wrongfully-employed,37251/
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »

I have zero actual knowledge of the CADD industry, but from the way Bushie describes things, it seems standard to hire just about anybody temporarily on a 3 month trial. It doesn't sound like a usual job hire, where they make damn sure you're the right person before they offer you the job. I can see the advantages of doing things this way. It's not so crazy. And it's nice that it offers more people a chance to get a foot in the door than might be the case otherwise. Problem is, the Bushie family have a 1957 perspective on it, where "you're hired" means something very different than what is really the case. Bushie, they've allowed you an audition. Nothing more. Don't screw it up.

That's not uncommon today. Call centers tend to do it too which is why Bushie keeps getting hired at them despite how obviously wrong for it he is.

I'll give Bushie an undeserved benefit of the doubt but I wouldn't be willing to bet a dime on him still being employed here at the end of the year.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »

I love Bushie. "I just paid off a bill!" when in reality his parents paid it off.

Are all your bills paid off now like credit cards, etc, or are those still a problem?

Mom and I are working on more bills.  We will be snowballing onto my college loan in November.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

I believe Papa is the one who will be doing most of the working on the bills.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »

12 nights/11 days are all that remain in my unemployment stretch.  I confirmed earlier today that I will start on Monday, November 3, 2014 at 0800.  I will work the typical 8-5.  I will stay in Tulsa until this coming Monday, October 27, 2014 and will go back to my parents' sometime that afternoon.  Mom and I will go shopping for a pair of slacks on Tuesday, October 28 since this is a business casual environment.  My aunt and uncle will come back through on Thursday, October 30 and she is the seamstress in the family so we will have her take up the pant legs.  I will come back up to Tulsa on Saturday, November 1 to cast my ballot since I will be working on Election Day about 120 miles from my polling place.  I begin work on Monday, November 3.  I will start staying with Grandma on Wednesday, November 5 after church.  Finally, I will come back to Tulsa the night of Friday, November 7 after work and spend the night in my apartment just to make sure everything is okay and I will go back to Grandma's Saturday afternoon late, November 8 to get ready for church on Sunday.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »

You are telling me that you dont own a pair of khakis or can't buy something off the rack.  You dont need a bloody tailor...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:01 PM »

You are telling me that you dont own a pair of khakis or can't buy something off the rack.  You dont need a bloody tailor...

I've got 3 pair of slacks, I need one more to be comfortable.  I usually wear one pair twice depending on how dirty or sweaty I get.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2014, 09:45:01 PM »

Jeff, you're 32. You can buy your own damn pants without Bushie mère chaperoning.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2014, 09:46:46 PM »

Good lord.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2014, 09:49:24 PM »

I've got 3 pair of slacks, I need one more to be comfortable.  I usually wear one pair twice depending on how dirty or sweaty I get.

Holy $hit, do a load of laundry mid week and stop wasting $.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies