Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:20:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151513 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »

Gustaf, it's clear you don't like me.  You have the right to like who you want.  I must disagree that I'm not trying to be a good person.  With the risk of bringing faith into this, I am doing my best to worship and honor and glorify my God.  I fall short in many, many areas, and I have never said I'm perfect and have never meant I'm better than anybody else.  You are right that I'm not a good person.  There is no one good, except God, in the truest sense of the word that He created. He is the only definition of good.  Our definitions of what is good and our good works are indeed filthy rags in His sight.  That's why I'm so thankful for His grace that has cleansed me from all unrighteousness and has saved me from eternity in hell.  I know that through the lens of Christ's blood, I am seen as spotless.  That's the only way I can enter heaven.

I appreciate your honesty, and I've always respected you as a moderator because I've always seen you as fair even to those you do not personally like.

Yours truly,

Bushie

The only definition of ultimate goodness (for a Christian), but clearly there are good people out there and you make it too easy for yourself by just emphasising the dichotomy between God and us sinful humans. You cold clearly get much closer to being a good person and act less egotistical - be careful not to use God as an excuse for not pursuing any self improvement.

I will admit I am a very prideful person by nature.  It's one of the things I struggle with.  It is hard for me to act less egotistical, but I am trying.  I just fail way too many times and repeat the same mistakes over and over.  I take 3 steps forward and 2 1/2 steps back many times.  When I come across as egotistical, it's because it is something I am dealing with between me and God.  As the children's song goes "Don't judge me, yet, there's an unfinished part.  He's still working on me.".  God is still working on me, chiseling away the bad and molding me into the Jeff that He has called me to be.  I'm a tough project and my God is the only one that truly knows me and the only one who can properly mold me and make me.  He knows me better than I know myself (the forum says "Amen", LOL).  He will be working on me until the day I am called home to heaven and receive that perfect, immortal body that is waiting for me.

And here's the root of it all: he has been conditioned to believe he will be given everything that he wants.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »

Gustaf, it's clear you don't like me.  You have the right to like who you want.  I must disagree that I'm not trying to be a good person.  With the risk of bringing faith into this, I am doing my best to worship and honor and glorify my God.  I fall short in many, many areas, and I have never said I'm perfect and have never meant I'm better than anybody else.  You are right that I'm not a good person.  There is no one good, except God, in the truest sense of the word that He created. He is the only definition of good.  Our definitions of what is good and our good works are indeed filthy rags in His sight.  That's why I'm so thankful for His grace that has cleansed me from all unrighteousness and has saved me from eternity in hell.  I know that through the lens of Christ's blood, I am seen as spotless.  That's the only way I can enter heaven.

I appreciate your honesty, and I've always respected you as a moderator because I've always seen you as fair even to those you do not personally like.

Yours truly,

Bushie

The only definition of ultimate goodness (for a Christian), but clearly there are good people out there and you make it too easy for yourself by just emphasising the dichotomy between God and us sinful humans. You cold clearly get much closer to being a good person and act less egotistical - be careful not to use God as an excuse for not pursuing any self improvement.

I will admit I am a very prideful person by nature.  It's one of the things I struggle with.  It is hard for me to act less egotistical, but I am trying.  I just fail way too many times and repeat the same mistakes over and over.  I take 3 steps forward and 2 1/2 steps back many times.  When I come across as egotistical, it's because it is something I am dealing with between me and God.  As the children's song goes "Don't judge me, yet, there's an unfinished part.  He's still working on me.".  God is still working on me, chiseling away the bad and molding me into the Jeff that He has called me to be.  I'm a tough project and my God is the only one that truly knows me and the only one who can properly mold me and make me.  He knows me better than I know myself (the forum says "Amen", LOL).  He will be working on me until the day I am called home to heaven and receive that perfect, immortal body that is waiting for me.

And here's the root of it all: he has been conditioned to believe he will be given everything that he wants.

That's a biblical promise, not a personal, made-up wish.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:45 PM »

I am very excited about this job.  If I do it correctly, it could lead into a major breakthrough in my career.  Instead of predicting my failure, continue to give me constructive advice on how to do it correctly like J-Mann has done.  I still may push back, but I do read and ponder what you post.  This is a huge opportunity for me and I can't afford to screw it up.

Then accept the guidance.

I'd expect pushback if I advised you to murder your parents or convert to Islam. I find it far more difficult to accept pushback when I'm offering you simple methods to excel at work and manage your own life better.

Success requires discipline, not hope.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: October 23, 2014, 10:59:44 PM »

I am very excited about this job.  If I do it correctly, it could lead into a major breakthrough in my career.  Instead of predicting my failure, continue to give me constructive advice on how to do it correctly like J-Mann has done.  I still may push back, but I do read and ponder what you post.  This is a huge opportunity for me and I can't afford to screw it up.

Then accept the guidance.

I'd expect pushback if I advised you to murder your parents or convert to Islam. I find it far more difficult to accept pushback when I'm offering you simple methods to excel at work and manage your own life better.

Success requires discipline, not hope.

I'm trying.  Again, I'm struggling with pride.  I do hear your advice and I will implement as many of them as I can.  I have to determine what will fit best with my own life and my own goals and dreams.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #354 on: October 23, 2014, 11:38:00 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #355 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »

Where did Bushie learn to be so prideful?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #356 on: October 23, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »

More importantly, where did he get the idea that he has the right, let alone justification to be prideful?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #357 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:54 AM »

More importantly, where did he get the idea that he has the right, let alone justification to be prideful?

I assume it is something to do with his religious beliefs. He does, after all, think that as long as he accepts Jesus as his savior, he can do, say and act in any way he wants without any ramifications. Hence why he doesn't feel any guilt for his pride, his slothfulness, and his gluttony.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #358 on: October 24, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »

I assume it is something to do with his religious beliefs. He does, after all, think that as long as he accepts Jesus as his savior, he can do, say and act in any way he wants without any ramifications. Hence why he doesn't feel any guilt for his pride, his slothfulness, and his gluttony.

Of course, he also thinks that the world will most likely end in 7-10 years, which I imagine tends to give one something of a carefree attitude.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #359 on: October 24, 2014, 12:51:25 AM »

That's a biblical promise, not a personal, made-up wish.

Tomayto, tomahto.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #360 on: October 24, 2014, 03:20:04 AM »

So when Bushie gets to heaven he'll no longer be a fat?

Very early days, but 'The Fourth Pair of Pants' should be a contender for the title of Update XIX.

We may have to hold a vote for the next season's title. I've seen several possible titles pop up already.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #361 on: October 24, 2014, 03:27:45 AM »

Jeff, you've admitted before that you don't really know how to use the AutoCADD program that your parents bought for you. What concrete steps are you taking to address this issue? Or will you just continue to "play" around with it while watching football and pretend that doing that will really help you to grasp the material (even though it is utterly pointless)?

I don't think it's even pridefulness that is stoping Jeff from trying J-Mann's list method. I think it's sheer laziness.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2014, 05:28:51 AM »

Does Granny have the high end cable package you have in Tulsa? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: October 24, 2014, 08:16:29 AM »

Where did I justify my pridefulness?  The past few posts have been admitting I have a problem that I'm dealing with (pride).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: October 24, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »

Again, where did I convey I do not feel guilt for my pride?  You must not be able to read.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »

Jeff, you've admitted before that you don't really know how to use the AutoCADD program that your parents bought for you. What concrete steps are you taking to address this issue? Or will you just continue to "play" around with it while watching football and pretend that doing that will really help you to grasp the material (even though it is utterly pointless)?

I don't think it's even pridefulness that is stoping Jeff from trying J-Mann's list method. I think it's sheer laziness.

Why am I being attacked for using the word "play"?  I am in no way implying I won't take it seriously, but it is not going to consume my entire evening.  45 minutes MAX.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2014, 08:21:08 AM »

Does Granny have the high end cable package you have in Tulsa? 

She has a sufficient cable package.  If I want to watch a different channel that she doesn't have, I can have my mother DVR it on her Direct TV and then I can go over there and watch it since she only lives 5 1/2 miles from Grandma.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:09 AM »

bushie it sounds like you are just going to be a burden on poor granny.

I have to have a place to stay and I can't afford rent at two apartments, and I am not going to sublease the Tulsa Apartment, so I can't see how you can say something so outrageous, when you know darn well that will not be the case.

Keeping the Tulsa apartment is smart since this job is only 3 months........but Granny will be cooking 3 meals a day, extra laundry, extra cleaning, extra utilities, and your constantly visiting never ending supply of wayward aunts and uncles to make dinners for.  Poor Granny, indeed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #368 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:26 AM »

Why am I being attacked for using the word "play"?  I am in no way implying I won't take it seriously, but it is not going to consume my entire evening.  45 minutes MAX.

That alone says you don't take it seriously. Spending a max amount of time means you don't like it to do it at all. It's like saying I'm going to spend 45 minutes MAX scrubbing the bathroom. You shouldn't have a set timer on how much CAD you're going to do today. 45 minutes (we said an hour but okay, nickel and dime it down as usual) should be your general suggestion, but if you get caught up in something that will take you 52 minutes, you shouldn't quit when the bell rings. This is why you failed at your last job.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »

Also, have you told Granny you plan to spend 45 minutes of every evening practicing CAD? Please do, so that way she may take it upon herself to remind you to do it and not disturb you as you do it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: October 24, 2014, 08:53:03 AM »

bushie it sounds like you are just going to be a burden on poor granny.

I have to have a place to stay and I can't afford rent at two apartments, and I am not going to sublease the Tulsa Apartment, so I can't see how you can say something so outrageous, when you know darn well that will not be the case.

Keeping the Tulsa apartment is smart since this job is only 3 months........but Granny will be cooking 3 meals a day, extra laundry, extra cleaning, extra utilities, and your constantly visiting never ending supply of wayward aunts and uncles to make dinners for.  Poor Granny, indeed.

I will do my own laundry while I'm there and I will help fix dinner.  Her other daughter and son-in-law will be coming through October 30 and leaving November 4 and then her niece and nephew will be coming through November 12-15.  After that, there won't be any company until the aunt and uncle come back through in March to celebrate his dad's 90th birthday.  They only come through to check on their elderly parents.  My aunt always does the cooking and cleaning while she visits and invites his dad over for most of the meals so as to feed them at one time.  Grandma and his dad only live 6 miles apart.  Grandma (aunt's mom) will be 89 in April and his dad will be 90 in March.  Grandma is still strong, but her short-term memory is starting to slip and his dad can no longer drive or see or hear that well.  Part of my duties while I live with her will be to help take care of her and make sure she's okay and be an extra set of eyes and ears for Mom incase she needs help.  The time will come that Grandma will no longer be able to live alone.  For now, though, she is doing great for an 88 1/2 year old other than a little slip in the memory.  I'll be waiting on her some as she waits on me some.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #371 on: October 24, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »

You won't help fix dinner. You don't know how to cook. You can't use a knife to prep food. You aren't allowed near the stove. That's every stage of cooking right there. Don't lie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: October 24, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »

Why am I being attacked for using the word "play"?  I am in no way implying I won't take it seriously, but it is not going to consume my entire evening.  45 minutes MAX.

That alone says you don't take it seriously. Spending a max amount of time means you don't like it to do it at all. It's like saying I'm going to spend 45 minutes MAX scrubbing the bathroom. You shouldn't have a set timer on how much CAD you're going to do today. 45 minutes (we said an hour but okay, nickel and dime it down as usual) should be your general suggestion, but if you get caught up in something that will take you 52 minutes, you shouldn't quit when the bell rings. This is why you failed at your last job.

Oh, definitely, if I get caught up in something, I will indeed finish what I'm working on, instead of cutting it off at the 45 or 60 minute mark (I haven't decided which).

And, she will know that I will be doing stuff for work in the evenings, so she'll know not to bother me.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #373 on: October 24, 2014, 09:23:32 AM »

Priceless.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece