Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:15:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 150891 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:12 AM »

bushie it sounds like you are just going to be a burden on poor granny.

I have to have a place to stay and I can't afford rent at two apartments, and I am not going to sublease the Tulsa Apartment, so I can't see how you can say something so outrageous, when you know darn well that will not be the case.

Keeping the Tulsa apartment is smart since this job is only 3 months........but Granny will be cooking 3 meals a day, extra laundry, extra cleaning, extra utilities, and your constantly visiting never ending supply of wayward aunts and uncles to make dinners for.  Poor Granny, indeed.

I will do my own laundry while I'm there and I will help fix dinner.  Her other daughter and son-in-law will be coming through October 30 and leaving November 4 and then her niece and nephew will be coming through November 12-15.  After that, there won't be any company until the aunt and uncle come back through in March to celebrate his dad's 90th birthday.  They only come through to check on their elderly parents.  My aunt always does the cooking and cleaning while she visits and invites his dad over for most of the meals so as to feed them at one time.  Grandma and his dad only live 6 miles apart.  Grandma (aunt's mom) will be 89 in April and his dad will be 90 in March.  Grandma is still strong, but her short-term memory is starting to slip and his dad can no longer drive or see or hear that well.  Part of my duties while I live with her will be to help take care of her and make sure she's okay and be an extra set of eyes and ears for Mom incase she needs help.  The time will come that Grandma will no longer be able to live alone.  For now, though, she is doing great for an 88 1/2 year old other than a little slip in the memory.  I'll be waiting on her some as she waits on me some.

I'll usually try to keep my comments constructive, but ... this is disgusting. I absolutely cannot fathom imposing on my own 88-year-old grandmother, let alone having an expectation that she "waits" on me in any way while I get free room and board from her. Even if I was down and out. That's the point where I'd scrub toilets to earn enough money to care for her.

Yuck.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #376 on: October 24, 2014, 10:45:45 AM »

bushie it sounds like you are just going to be a burden on poor granny.

I have to have a place to stay and I can't afford rent at two apartments, and I am not going to sublease the Tulsa Apartment, so I can't see how you can say something so outrageous, when you know darn well that will not be the case.

Keeping the Tulsa apartment is smart since this job is only 3 months........but Granny will be cooking 3 meals a day, extra laundry, extra cleaning, extra utilities, and your constantly visiting never ending supply of wayward aunts and uncles to make dinners for.  Poor Granny, indeed.

I will do my own laundry while I'm there and I will help fix dinner.  Her other daughter and son-in-law will be coming through October 30 and leaving November 4 and then her niece and nephew will be coming through November 12-15.  After that, there won't be any company until the aunt and uncle come back through in March to celebrate his dad's 90th birthday.  They only come through to check on their elderly parents.  My aunt always does the cooking and cleaning while she visits and invites his dad over for most of the meals so as to feed them at one time.  Grandma and his dad only live 6 miles apart.  Grandma (aunt's mom) will be 89 in April and his dad will be 90 in March.  Grandma is still strong, but her short-term memory is starting to slip and his dad can no longer drive or see or hear that well.  Part of my duties while I live with her will be to help take care of her and make sure she's okay and be an extra set of eyes and ears for Mom incase she needs help.  The time will come that Grandma will no longer be able to live alone.  For now, though, she is doing great for an 88 1/2 year old other than a little slip in the memory.  I'll be waiting on her some as she waits on me some.

Oh my.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #377 on: October 24, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »

Where did Bushie learn to be so prideful?

More importantly, where did he get the idea that he has the right, let alone justification to be prideful?

Where did I justify my pridefulness?  The past few posts have been admitting I have a problem that I'm dealing with (pride).

Yes, but like with all your problems, you just "deal" with it and nothing actually changes. You haven't made one meaningful change in your life during this entire Update saga. You just talk about changes.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #378 on: October 24, 2014, 12:03:12 PM »

I am in no way implying I won't take it seriously, but it is not going to consume my entire evening.  45 minutes MAX.

A 32 year old man acting like a 7 year old whose parents ask if he's practicing his multiplication tables. God this is so frickin pathetic.

I hope Granny Bushie goes old school on your fat ass and beats you over the head with a rolling pin or something.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #379 on: October 24, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »

It's so disgusting that a grown man is imposing himself on an 89 year old woman (who may have short-term memory loss) and expecting her to 'wait on me some'.

Please add me to the Gustaf/Joe list.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #380 on: October 24, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »

I certainly don't expect her to wait on me at all, but you have to understand, I have to have a place to stay while I'm working.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #381 on: October 24, 2014, 12:45:33 PM »

Nowt wrong with staying over, but the general rule would be that she only cooks for you if she insists (i.e. a situation in which to suggest otherwise would be offensive). And you do the washing up.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #382 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »

Nowt wrong with staying over, but the general rule would be that she only cooks for you if she insists (i.e. a situation in which to suggest otherwise would be offensive). And you do the washing up.

The thing is, Bushie is so far into the man-child mindset, so is his family, that she will insist she cooks.  And this is a man who has extreme trouble with spaghetti... he'll starve if Granny leaves him alone unless they get microwavable chicken fingers for him.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #383 on: October 24, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »

I certainly don't expect her to wait on me at all, but you have to understand, I have to have a place to stay while I'm working.

Yes, but it's not like you didn't have the option. You're just too lazy/socially anxious to entertain the option of subleasing your apartment in Tulsa and using the money to get an apartment in OKC.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2014, 01:13:56 PM »

Yes, but it's not like you didn't have the option. You're just too lazy/socially anxious to entertain the option of subleasing your apartment in Tulsa and using the money to get an apartment in OKC.

I wonder why, because subleasing seems like that type of monetary adventure that Bushie loves to get himself into. 

Bushie... rent it out to some University Of Tulsa students.  What could possibly go wrong?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: October 24, 2014, 01:15:20 PM »

The reason I didn't sublease is that there are things I still want to do in Tulsa, that being the monthly church fellowship on Saturday's and I'll need/want a place to sleep Friday night and/or Saturday night.  I would be getting creamed on here if I book a hotel room for one of those events, so the next best place to stay is my own apartment.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #386 on: October 24, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2014, 01:18:16 PM by King »

Yes. You made the decision to keep the Tulsa apt for the benefit of you at the expense of others. This is not in dispute.  The luxury of going to Tulsa for church unnecessarily and stay the night unnecessarily instead of driving back.

You had the option to get rid of the Tulsa apt but chose not to is the basic point.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #387 on: October 24, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »

There is no moral duty to sublet. Stop trying to coax him into doing really stupid things.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #388 on: October 24, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »

I'm not saying there's a moral imperative here. He had the option to do something and did not do it. It wasn't out of his control.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: October 24, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »

The reason I didn't sublease is that there are things I still want to do in Tulsa, that being the monthly church fellowship on Saturday's and I'll need/want a place to sleep Friday night and/or Saturday night.  I would be getting creamed on here if I book a hotel room for one of those events, so the next best place to stay is my own apartment.

Wow, so you might have to give up something you want to do in order to fulfill other obligations? WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD, BUSHIE!

Why can't you suck it up and drive to Tulsa and back for the day? It's only once a month. Don't give me a bunch of BS about the drive. I've made day trips from Houston to Austin plenty of times. Even if you won't do that, one night in a cheap hotel is going to be less than the money you'd get from a sublease.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #390 on: October 24, 2014, 03:24:26 PM »

Bushie can't stay awake for more than 2 hours at a time. He'd fall asleep at the wheel.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #391 on: October 24, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »

Oh goodness. He's keeping an apartment there for his parents to pay for so he can go to church sometimes on the weekends? This is the problem. He is constantly signing leases in other cities before he really establishes himself at a job and then refuses to sublease it so his parents won't have to continue to pay rent. He's just sooooooo incredibly selfish it's amazing!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: October 24, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »

You won't help fix dinner. You don't know how to cook. You can't use a knife to prep food. You aren't allowed near the stove. That's every stage of cooking right there. Don't lie.

"And I helped!"

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »

Terminating the lease might not be a bad idea. His credit rating is terrible anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »

Oh goodness. He's keeping an apartment there for his parents to pay for so he can go to church sometimes on the weekends? This is the problem. He is constantly signing leases in other cities before he really establishes himself at a job and then refuses to sublease it so his parents won't have to continue to pay rent. He's just sooooooo incredibly selfish it's amazing!

One thing you need to realize is I'll be making $15 an hour, so most of it will be my money, not my parents'.  I know this is not what people would normally do, but I don't have to do what everybody else does in order to be right.  This is our decision, and there is nothing wrong with our decision.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »

One thing you need to realize is I'll be making $15 an hour, so most of it will be my money, not my parents'.  I know this is not what people would normally do, but I don't have to do what everybody else does in order to be right.  This is our decision, and there is nothing wrong with our decision.

My money. Our decision. Selfless!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »

The entire Brown Family needs an intervention - Jeff, Mr. Brown, Mrs. Brown, maybe even granny. They need to be placed under some sort of financial conservatorship so that they won't waste any more money on enabling Jeff.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2014, 03:36:50 PM »

Bushie, will you at least cancel the cable package when you don't live there at all?

Realize every month that one entire week of your work will be spent on the rent and utilities at a place you don't live in at all. Perhaps more than a week when factoring in gas.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »

Terminating the lease might not be a bad idea. His credit rating is terrible anyway.

That would be even more silly.  As of right now, I plan on returning to Tulsa after this job ends, unless I am kept onto a new contract after this one expires.  I am not counting on that, naturally, but I do plan to return to Tulsa if my employment is not extended.  By then, I will have 3-6 additional months of experience which when added to the 2 months I already have, could prove very valuable when applying for other jobs.  My goal is for this job is to go at least 4 months, that is through the beginning of March, so I can put down a full 6 months of experience.  I want it to go as far as it can, naturally, but I am praying for at least 4 months.

The fact that I plan to return to Tulsa is part of the reason I'm not messing with a sublease.  I want to be able to control my apartment and come back immediately after the job ends so as to not waste any time on the job search.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »

Bushie, will you at least cancel the cable package when you don't live there at all?

Realize every month that one entire week of your work will be spent on the rent and utilities at a place you don't live in at all. Perhaps more than a week when factoring in gas.

But how would he watch the University of Northeastern South Dakota take on Topeka College after those church meetings?

You can't expect a man to give up everything.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies