Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:25:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151389 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: October 24, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »

Bushie, will you at least cancel the cable package when you don't live there at all?

Realize every month that one entire week of your work will be spent on the rent and utilities at a place you don't live in at all. Perhaps more than a week when factoring in gas.

I thought about cancelling the cable package, but that would incur a huge disconnect fee that it wouldn't be worth it.  I called today about downgrading, but the agent spoke to me honestly and said I currently have $175 in discounts and if I take items away, I lose the discounts and that could likely cause my bill to actually skyrocket.  So, it's more cost effective to keep it as is.  That's okay with me because I will be come up here every other Friday after work and spend the night and watch some football and go back to Grandma's Saturday evening.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #401 on: October 24, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »

Terminating the lease might not be a bad idea. His credit rating is terrible anyway.

I wonder what reads worse, his credit rating or his resume
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #402 on: October 24, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »

bushie you love the cable tv, but when was the last time *you* paid a cable bill?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #403 on: October 24, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »

Bushie, will you at least cancel the cable package when you don't live there at all?

Realize every month that one entire week of your work will be spent on the rent and utilities at a place you don't live in at all. Perhaps more than a week when factoring in gas.

I thought about cancelling the cable package, but that would incur a huge disconnect fee that it wouldn't be worth it.  I called today about downgrading, but the agent spoke to me honestly and said I currently have $175 in discounts and if I take items away, I lose the discounts and that could likely cause my bill to actually skyrocket.  So, it's more cost effective to keep it as is.  That's okay with me because I will be come up here every other Friday after work and spend the night and watch some football and go back to Grandma's Saturday evening.

This clarifies everything.

I'm mainly coming up here to check on things and pay rent.  Football is a nice additive.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: October 24, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »

bushie you love the cable tv, but when was the last time *you* paid a cable bill?

September
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #405 on: October 24, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »

I love how Bushie "checks on things" constantly. Like it's going to run away. Remember when he moved home from Utah to "check on his house" daily and never actually did it?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2014, 04:29:05 PM »

I love how Bushie "checks on things" constantly. Like it's going to run away. Remember when he moved home from Utah to "check on his house" daily and never actually did it?

Wait wasn't there some bang fest in his house?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2014, 04:37:08 PM »

Wait wasn't there some bang fest in his house?

Yes, he claimed he came home so he could ride by his house every day and then he never followed up on it. The garage orgy was a great moment in Update history.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2014, 04:42:29 PM »

How much is Bushie's cable package? I don't have one now but in college mine was about $30/month. $175 in discounts means it's over $175, geez.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #409 on: October 24, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »

How much is Bushie's cable package? I don't have one now but in college mine was about $30/month. $175 in discounts means it's over $175, geez.

he loves the tv and feels like he is entitled to it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: October 24, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »

I won't go into the specific dollar amounts, but it is high.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #411 on: October 24, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »

Well, when you order the 10,000 channel cable package to get the network of some dad filming his kid's high school football game on iCloud, it'll  cost you a pretty penny.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: October 24, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

I'm mainly coming up here to check on things and pay rent.  Football is a nice additive.

That's a pile of shit. Do you believe it yourself?

Considering I can watch football at my grandmother's just as easily as I can at home, then yes.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #413 on: October 24, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »

I thought about cancelling the cable package, but that would incur a huge disconnect fee that it wouldn't be worth it.  I called today about downgrading, but the agent spoke to me honestly and said I currently have $175 in discounts and if I take items away, I lose the discounts and that could likely cause my bill to actually skyrocket.  So, it's more cost effective to keep it as is.  That's okay with me because I will be come up here every other Friday after work and spend the night and watch some football and go back to Grandma's Saturday evening.

I'm mainly coming up here to check on things and pay rent.  Football is a nice additive.

As if you're in the position to be "checking on" anything. Go home and leave your poor grandma alone.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: October 24, 2014, 06:13:56 PM »

As if you're in the position to be "checking on" anything. Go home and leave your poor grandma alone.

Okay, that makes no sense whatsoever, so I'll dismiss it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #415 on: October 24, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »

You're a burden. I'm sure she's cooking for you and cleaning up after you, ugh.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #416 on: October 24, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »

You're a burden. I'm sure she's cooking for you and cleaning up after you, ugh.

Where do you suggest I live while I work?  Under a bridge?  At the homeless shelter?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: October 24, 2014, 06:29:18 PM »

Ah, but of course you have no choice but to impose on your elderly grandmother while paying rent on a weekend apartment in another city. Poor you.

Listen, I'm not doing anything wrong, so bug off.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #418 on: October 24, 2014, 06:37:42 PM »

I suggest you sublet your Tulsa apartment and use the money from that to find temporary accommodations in Oklahoma City. If the job lasts, then you'll be abandoning your apartment anyway. And if it doesn't, you won't have thrown away what is likely $800 a month on an apartment that sits empty with an extravagant cable package that won't be watched.

Also, keeping an apartment there so you can put 212 miles round trip on your car on weekends to have a church picnic and watch football alone is utterly ridiculous. As if you weren't throwing enough money away by sitting on an empty apartment 100 miles away, you decide to rack up miles on your car and gas by making a meaningless trip.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: October 24, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »

Ah, but of course you have no choice but to impose on your elderly grandmother while paying rent on a weekend apartment in another city. Poor you.

Listen, I'm not doing anything wrong, so bug off.

This claim would staring credulity even if you were not acting so embarrassed about your behavior.

I'm not embarrassed by my behavior.  I know I'm not doing anything wrong and I am comfortable with my actions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: October 24, 2014, 06:39:51 PM »

I suggest you sublet your Tulsa apartment and use the money from that to find temporary accommodations in Oklahoma City. If the job lasts, then you'll be abandoning your apartment anyway. And if it doesn't, you won't have thrown away what is likely $800 a month on an apartment that sits empty with an extravagant cable package that won't be watched.

Also, keeping an apartment there so you can put 212 miles round trip on your car on weekends to have a church picnic and watch football alone is utterly ridiculous. As if you weren't throwing enough money away by sitting on an empty apartment 100 miles away, you decide to rack up miles on your car and gas by making a meaningless trip.

Again, I'm not doing anything wrong.  I'm a different duck.  I'm not a wrong duck.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: October 24, 2014, 06:43:50 PM »

I'm not embarrassed by my behavior.  I know I'm not doing anything wrong and I am comfortable with my actions.

If that were so, why would you need to tell us that it is?

Because I'm being relentlessly and needlessly barraged by vicious attacks about my way of doing things that are not what everybody else would do.  Right now, it feels like I've got a bunch of flies and mosquitos buzzing around my head, but I can't swat them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »

Terminating the lease might not be a bad idea. His credit rating is terrible anyway.

That would be even more silly.  As of right now, I plan on returning to Tulsa after this job ends, unless I am kept onto a new contract after this one expires.

Why are you returning to Tulsa?  You don't have any other obligations there, do you?  It's not like you have some deep roots there.  And OKC is a bigger metro area, no?  So if/when you have to job search again, you'd probably have more options in OKC.  If the penalty for breaking the lease isn't a killer, why not just do it, and use the money you're saving from rent there to get your own apartment in OKC and stay there?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: October 24, 2014, 06:54:43 PM »

If that were so, why would you need to tell us that it is?

Because I'm being relentlessly and needlessly barraged by vicious attacks about my way of doing things that are not what everybody else would do.  Right now, it feels like I've got a bunch of flies and mosquitos buzzing around my head, but I can't swat them.

Most of us refer to that feeling as guilt.

No guilt here.  I'm just annoyed.  The only thing I'm guilty of is continuing the Update.  I am very comfortable with my decisions while I work this job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: October 24, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »

That would be even more silly.  As of right now, I plan on returning to Tulsa after this job ends, unless I am kept onto a new contract after this one expires.

Why are you returning to Tulsa?  You don't have any other obligations there, do you?  It's not like you have some deep roots there.  And OKC is a bigger metro area, no?  So if/when you have to job search again, you'd probably have more options in OKC.  If the penalty for breaking the lease isn't a killer, why not just do it, and use the money you're saving from rent there to get your own apartment in OKC and stay there?

You bring up a good question.  To be honest, it's not a question I can fully and definitively answer right now.  I'm still going to see what this job is like and form an answer to that as the job goes on.  I like Tulsa and while OKC is a bigger metro, I seem to have just as many opportunities in Tulsa as I do in OKC.  In my field, Tulsa has just a little bit more, I think.  I've got a lot of stuff to think about over the holidays.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies