Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 150886 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: October 24, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »
« edited: October 26, 2014, 06:21:56 AM by Eraserhead »

Is keeping the other apartment part of the latest game plan cooked up by Mama and Papa Bushie?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #426 on: October 24, 2014, 07:06:16 PM »

you don't make a 90 year old woman cook and clean for you
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #427 on: October 24, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »

Is keeping the other apartment part of the latest game plan cooked by Mama and Papa Bushie?

It's mostly my decision, they are just endorsing it.  The reason is just in case this job turns out to be a bust, I'll have something to go back to with very little hassle.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #428 on: October 24, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »

Is keeping the other apartment part of the latest game plan cooked by Mama and Papa Bushie?

It's mostly my decision, they are just endorsing it.  The reason is just in case this job turns out to be a bust, I'll have something to go back to with very little hassle.

Sounds like Papa Bushie isn't too eager to get rid of his train room.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #429 on: October 24, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »

I'm not embarrassed by my behavior.  I know I'm not doing anything wrong and I am comfortable with my actions.

If that were so, why would you need to tell us that it is?

Because I'm being relentlessly and needlessly barraged by vicious attacks about my way of doing things that are not what everybody else would do.  Right now, it feels like I've got a bunch of flies and mosquitos buzzing around my head, but I can't swat them.

Most of us refer to that feeling as guilt.

No guilt here.  I'm just annoyed.  The only thing I'm guilty of is continuing the Update.  I am very comfortable with my decisions while I work this job.

I'll be praying for you, Bushie.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #430 on: October 24, 2014, 07:11:03 PM »

Bushie, do you really need the premium cable package? It doesn't seem like you watch anything other than sports and a couple of reality TV shows.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #431 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »

Where do you suggest I live while I work?  Under a bridge?  At the homeless shelter?

Yes. At some point in your life, you need/are going to have to learn the consequences of your stupid and selfish decisions, so it might as well be right now.

No guilt here.  I'm just annoyed.  The only thing I'm guilty of is continuing the Update.  I am very comfortable with my decisions while I work this job.

You shouldn't be, because they're either fycking stupid decisions or selfish decisions. How you can say "you're not wrong", "I feel no guilt", "I'm different" with a straight face is laughable. YOU'RE SPENDING $1000+ PER MONTH ON A STORAGE BIN AND CABLE, AND YOUR RECOURSE FOR SAID STUPID DECISION IS TO GO MOOCHING OFF OF YOUR 90 YEAR-OLD GRANDMOTHER. You shouldn't be "comfortable" with the decisions you're making. You should in fact be made to feel very uncomfortable, so that maybe you'll snap out of this permanent rut you've been in where everyone around you lets you get away with acting like a child because they most likely think you're semi-handicapped. You shouldn't be comfortable; you should be flensed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: October 24, 2014, 07:15:25 PM »

you don't make a 90 year old woman cook and clean for you

Like I said for most of the meals, we will cook together and I will clean up after myself, do my own laundry, and do everything that I would normally do by myself except eating somewhat healthier meals with more frequency, eating less fast food.  I will insist on pitching in on the grocery bill.  She has a very nice yard that I can walk around in so I can start following my doctor's recommendations from my September appointment.  Walmart is just 3 miles away so I will have an indoor place to go walking when it gets too cold outside to walk.  Plus, I can start walking with my pastor again.  I'll live there rent free, because she won't accept my money, but I will pitch in on certain things.  I'll make enough money that I can live a little more comfortably with her and not have to worry about too much except getting up every morning for work.

Really, the benefits of this stay with her far outweigh the negative.  She will drive me up the wall on occasion and I may drive her up the other wall, but I can work and get a head start on the next bill that I hope to pay off in 13 months.  I can also look after her and make sure she's doing okay and be there to alert Mom if things go south with her.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: October 24, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »

Where do you suggest I live while I work?  Under a bridge?  At the homeless shelter?

Yes. At some point in your life, you need/are going to have to learn the consequences of your stupid and selfish decisions, so it might as well be right now.

You shouldn't be, because they're either fycking stupid decisions or selfish decisions. How you can say "you're not wrong", "I feel no guilt", "I'm different" with a straight face is laughable. YOU'RE SPENDING $1000+ PER MONTH ON A STORAGE BIN AND CABLE, AND YOUR RECOURSE FOR SAID STUPID DECISION IS TO GO MOOCHING OFF OF YOUR 90 YEAR-OLD GRANDMOTHER. You shouldn't be "comfortable" with the decisions you're making. You should in fact be made to feel very uncomfortable, so that maybe you'll snap out of this permanent rut you've been in where everyone around you lets you get away with acting like a child because they most likely think you're semi-handicapped. You shouldn't be comfortable; you should be flensed.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #434 on: October 24, 2014, 07:20:32 PM »

If Bushie's purpose when originally starting the Update was to make him the most despicable member of the forum, he's done a damn good job.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #435 on: October 24, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2014, 07:35:25 PM by King »

Like I said for most of the meals, we will cook together

STOP LYING ABOUT THIS. You don't know the first thing about cooking.

I have no problem with you staying with Grandma or her cooking you meals. Wasting money on that worthless apartment in Tulsa on the other hand is maddening.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: October 24, 2014, 07:35:59 PM »

Listen, guys, I know my decisions are rarely popular, but this one is no worse than any of the previous decisions.  You are trying to get me to admit guilt.  I can't find where I should admit guilt, because my conscience is completely clear.  If you were here in Oklahoma with me you would understand where I'm coming from a lot of times.  If you sat in on the family meetings you would understand.  As it is, you are all arm-chair quarterbacking and pointing fingers.  You did know that every time you point a finger you have three pointing back at you, right?  Do not judge me.  I'm not a horrible person.  None of you are any better than me.  You're not any worse, but none of you are any better.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: October 24, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »

Like I said for most of the meals, we will cook together

STOP LYING ABOUT THIS. You don't know the first thing about cooking.

I have no problem with you staying with Grandma or her cooking you meals. Wasting money on that worthless apartment in Tulsa on the other hand is maddening.

She will teach me to cook, which is something I've wanted to do for years.

Right now, keeping this apartment in Tulsa without subletting it is a safety net in case things go south on this job.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #438 on: October 24, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »

but this one is no worse than any of the previous decisions.

Yes, this is why you should be incredibly worried that you're headed for disaster.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: October 24, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »

Yes, this is why you should be incredibly worried that you're headed for disaster.

At least I have a job.  That's more than I could say all of October.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #440 on: October 24, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »

Nah, you have a job offer. Your ability to have a job is still in question.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »

Listen, guys, I know my decisions are rarely popular, but this one is no worse than any of the previous decisions.  You are trying to get me to admit guilt.

"I make horrible, terrible, stupid decisions all the time while mooching off of my family, so why should anyone be upset about this one?"

I can't find where I should admit guilt, because my conscience is completely clear.

Of course you can't and of course it is, because you are delusional, as you've clearly demonstrated for years.

If you were here in Oklahoma with me you would understand where I'm coming from a lot of times.  If you sat in on the family meetings you would understand.  As it is, you are all arm-chair quarterbacking and pointing fingers. You did know that every time you point a finger you have three pointing back at you, right?

Don't try to exclusively blame your environment for the bad decisions you make. It is a huge problem, and mostly because you perpetuate it - "family meetings" - you're a grown-ass man who should be making grown-ass decisions. No doubt the only reason anyone would continue to help you out at this point is because they either already know what you're unwilling to admit, or have an unnatural desire to keep you close to their bosoms instead of making you do what's best for your long-term sustainability. Either you're making bad, selfish, stupid decisions on your own, or this so-called advice is terrible (hint: likely both). People removed from the situation are able to provide more objective advice than anyone who's trying to justify every single bad decision they've made, or the people who continue to reinforce the behavior.

Hint: if all of the decisions you make invariably wind up leading you back to mooching off of your family and quitting jobs to chase pipedreams, then maybe you shouldn't be taking advice from them. I have a strung-out relatives who can't be trusted with money and others who can't give the slightest bit of helpful advice: I don't go have pow-wows with them because they're "family".

Do not judge me.  I'm not a horrible person.  None of you are any better than me.  You're not any worse, but none of you are any better.

Who are you trying to convince, us or you? I always love this type of commentary from you, because I always imagine you screaming it at yourself in the mirror to reassure yourself of the lies that you continue to try to trick the rest of us into believing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #442 on: October 24, 2014, 07:54:09 PM »

Well, a job offer is better than no job offer.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #443 on: October 24, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

Bushie, you're a dick
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #444 on: October 24, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »

Wow, the writers are really focusing on Bushie's Walter White-esque transformation this season!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #445 on: October 24, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »

At least I have a job.  That's more than I could say all of October.

Well, a job offer is better than no job offer.

You'll never get anywhere with this glacial pace of self-improvement
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #446 on: October 24, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »

Wait... you intended to live with your grandmother? I had read this as 'stay for a bit', which is a rather different situation. Unless you intend to be her carer, that's not on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: October 24, 2014, 08:02:53 PM »

Wait... you intended to live with your grandmother? I had read this as 'stay for a bit', which is a rather different situation. Unless you intend to be her carer, that's not on.

No, you were right initially.  I intend to stay with her.  If things go well at the job, I will terminate my apartment contract in Tulsa and find an apartment in OKC.  If things do not go well at this job, then I have a place to live.  I will, though, be her carer while I'm with her.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #448 on: October 24, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »

I suggest you sublet your Tulsa apartment and use the money from that to find temporary accommodations in Oklahoma City. If the job lasts, then you'll be abandoning your apartment anyway. And if it doesn't, you won't have thrown away what is likely $800 a month on an apartment that sits empty with an extravagant cable package that won't be watched.

Also, keeping an apartment there so you can put 212 miles round trip on your car on weekends to have a church picnic and watch football alone is utterly ridiculous. As if you weren't throwing enough money away by sitting on an empty apartment 100 miles away, you decide to rack up miles on your car and gas by making a meaningless trip.

Again, I'm not doing anything wrong.  I'm a different duck.  I'm not a wrong duck.

It's not "wrong," Jeff. It's financially wasteful. And the fact that you've become so irritated and keep reiterating how right you are is revealing. You know you're holding onto an apartment you're not living in, an expensive cable package you're not watching and will try to justify that all by wasting gas and mileage to have a weekly confab with a church group you've known for all of a few months. At this point, you're not facing the reality of that foolishness and are too proud to admit otherwise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #449 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:52 PM »

I suggest you sublet your Tulsa apartment and use the money from that to find temporary accommodations in Oklahoma City. If the job lasts, then you'll be abandoning your apartment anyway. And if it doesn't, you won't have thrown away what is likely $800 a month on an apartment that sits empty with an extravagant cable package that won't be watched.

Also, keeping an apartment there so you can put 212 miles round trip on your car on weekends to have a church picnic and watch football alone is utterly ridiculous. As if you weren't throwing enough money away by sitting on an empty apartment 100 miles away, you decide to rack up miles on your car and gas by making a meaningless trip.

Again, I'm not doing anything wrong.  I'm a different duck.  I'm not a wrong duck.

It's not "wrong," Jeff. It's financially wasteful. And the fact that you've become so irritated and keep reiterating how right you are is revealing. You know you're holding onto an apartment you're not living in, an expensive cable package you're not watching and will try to justify that all by wasting gas and mileage to have a weekly confab with a church group you've known for all of a few months. At this point, you're not facing the reality of that foolishness and are too proud to admit otherwise.

I'm not irritated at the forum being perplexed, but I'm irritated by the viciousness of the attacks.  I thought we could talk about things cordially and calmly, not insulting someone because they don't like what they're doing, but apparently chivalry is dead.  You yourself are not being mean, but there are posters here this evening that are engaging in very vicious and vile attacks and insults over something they really shouldn't even care about.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies