Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 150908 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »

I don't care what Gustaf has to say.  His accusations are completely false and inaccurate.  He has his right to live in fantasyland and he has his right to hate me.  The fact is that nobody is better than anybody else.  To say otherwise is prideful and utterly false.  I guess he not only does not wish I succeed, but he probably is rooting for me to fail.  What a guy!

The fact is I am trying my best to right the ship.  I've got a job, a good job, and I'm working to get out of my parents' checkbook.  Just because they are helping me out does not mean I am a horrible person or not as good as those who are self-sufficient.  I am a very prideful man and it is clear that Gustaf is a very prideful and angry child.

Agreed.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #501 on: October 26, 2014, 02:47:24 PM »

I don't care what Gustaf has to say.  His accusations are completely false and inaccurate.  He has his right to live in fantasyland and he has his right to hate me.  The fact is that nobody is better than anybody else.  To say otherwise is prideful and utterly false.  I guess he not only does not wish I succeed, but he probably is rooting for me to fail.  What a guy!

The fact is I am trying my best to right the ship.  I've got a job, a good job, and I'm working to get out of my parents' checkbook.  Just because they are helping me out does not mean I am a horrible person or not as good as those who are self-sufficient.  I am a very prideful man and it is clear that Gustaf is a very prideful and angry child.

Wow, you have issues. Of course some people are better than others. People who care for their loved ones instead of being a burden to them, for example.

It's pretty rich that you think you can call yourself a man and me a child. I actually have a job and contribute to society. And my parents hardly ever pay anything for me. Which isn't a great achievement but it certainly makes me more of an adult than you.

This reflex of blaming other people and trying to take them down with your hate and anger instead of changing all your own flaws is very harmful for you. And it is decidedly un-Christian too.

I'm certainly not angry at you, because I don't care about you. I do find it perplexing that so many other people on here try to help and support someone even to the extent of offering to buy you things when you've done nothing to earn that.

Now, please name any false accusation I've made. The only one to do that here is you who out of the blue claim that I root for you to fail. And resorted to some weird name-calling on top of that.

On a final note, I find it amusing how quickly Bushie turns from sucking up to seething anger. That's a clear sign of a manipulative personality.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »

Gustaf buys heavily into just-world theory: value as human is ultimately determined by net worth, and he derives his superiority complex by the fact he is employed (in an area requiring technical knowledge, no doubt) without regards to the inputs that may have placed him there.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #503 on: October 26, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »

Gustaf buys heavily into just-world theory: value as human is ultimately determined by net worth, and he derives his superiority complex by the fact he is employed (in an area requiring technical knowledge, no doubt) without regards to the inputs that may have placed him there.

Huh? Basically none of that is true of me. I am well aware that I'm an extremely privileged person and I have no doubt that those privileges have been a great aid in bringing me to where I am.

Of course value is not determined by net worth either. The point is rather that Bushie, as shown, is not trying to make the best of his situation. He doesn't have a particularly tough background. Of course he can't hold a real job due to all his issues but he doesn't even try to ease things for his family and at least part of the reason he can't have a job is that he's selfish and lazy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #504 on: October 26, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »

Wow, you have issues. Of course some people are better than others. People who care for their loved ones instead of being a burden to them, for example.

It's pretty rich that you think you can call yourself a man and me a child. I actually have a job and contribute to society. And my parents hardly ever pay anything for me. Which isn't a great achievement but it certainly makes me more of an adult than you.

This reflex of blaming other people and trying to take them down with your hate and anger instead of changing all your own flaws is very harmful for you. And it is decidedly un-Christian too.

I'm certainly not angry at you, because I don't care about you. I do find it perplexing that so many other people on here try to help and support someone even to the extent of offering to buy you things when you've done nothing to earn that.

Now, please name any false accusation I've made. The only one to do that here is you who out of the blue claim that I root for you to fail. And resorted to some weird name-calling on top of that.

On a final note, I find it amusing how quickly Bushie turns from sucking up to seething anger. That's a clear sign of a manipulative personality.

Thank you for at least being honest.  Let me first say that I am not angry and I am not out for blood.  My wish is to not take anybody down with me.

I have a lot of flaws.  I readily admit that.  I am trying to work through those.  God is working with me on those.  I admit that I'm a tough customer when it comes to changing, but I am trying.

The good news is that I do have a job and will start on November 3.  I take care of my family in a lot of ways and they take care of me in a lot of ways.  That's why we're a family.  They don't consider me a burden on them, even though there are times I feel like I am.  This job will pay quite well for a bachelor in Oklahoma.

I'm glad you're not "angry" at me and rest assured I am not "angry" with you.  I just have a hard time accepting insults and attacks pointed at me that sometimes I react in the same way when I know I shouldn't.  I'm trying to be more even-tempered.  Again, I'm a tough customer and I feel like God has to work overtime on me at times, but He is the only one equipped to changing me from the inside out.  My job is to be open to the changes He makes and actually adopt the changes.  He just asks me to be vulnerable and open to His direction and His guidance.  I feel good about where God has me right now, but He loves me too much to leave me there.  I've got a lot of work left before I'm the vessel He has called me to be.  I'll get there, it'll just take time.

Like I said before, I've always respected you as a poster and as a moderator and have always seen you as fair.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #505 on: October 26, 2014, 05:11:58 PM »

at least he "found" 4 pairs of khakis, which might save as much as $100.

that reminds me...whatever happened to the $100 in walking gear?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #506 on: October 26, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #507 on: October 26, 2014, 09:26:07 PM »

Short of actual criminals I can think of few people who are as bad as Bushie.

These are not mutually exclusive categories.  Remember AmeriPlan?

Did you have to stoop so low as to bring up something benign from 4 1/2 years ago and call me a criminal because of it?

You poor, poor thing.  I certainly never meant to hurt your feelings!  I'm sure the pyramid scheme you used to scam your own family and got away with before the cops came knocking was all just an honest misunderstandi... oh wait, it really was; you literally had no clue what you were doing.

Also, please look up the word benign.  You clearly don't know what it means in this context.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: October 26, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: October 26, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »

Let me say, God's grace and salvation is not a license to sin and I never take it as such.  Rather, it is freedom from sin.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #510 on: October 26, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »

You alright, Bushie?  You're going heavier on the Bible stuff than usual the past few days. 
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #511 on: October 26, 2014, 10:59:16 PM »

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.

Please don't use the word 'fact' in this context...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #512 on: October 26, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »

You alright, Bushie?  You're going heavier on the Bible stuff than usual the past few days. 

I'm fine.  I just feel the need to defend my faith.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: October 26, 2014, 11:08:04 PM »

Please don't use the word 'fact' in this context...

I can see what you're saying.  I believe it very strongly, but I know that other denominations don't believe it.  I just don't think God wants us to worry whether or not we are saved at any particular moment or whether one sin dooms us.  If we have to worry, we can't effectively serve Him because our minds are preoccupied.  If we don't have to worry, then we can put everything we have into serving Him because our minds are not worried that one sin can doom us for all eternity.  I suppose it is not fact, in the truest sense of the word.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #514 on: October 26, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »

I still can't imagine a religion where you're told you can do whatever you want as long as you accept Jesus as Lord. I know you say it isn't a license to sin, but that's exactly what you use it as and use God as a crutch whenever you commit a sin.

I've never been taught that it's ok to do whatever you want because hey, its not your fault, God is just not finished working on you yet! It seems like a perversion of Christianity that so many people buy into these days.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #515 on: October 26, 2014, 11:14:04 PM »

I'm fine.  I just feel the need to defend my faith.

I agree.  Religiouses are the ones that need to be defending their wacky beliefs, not atheists on why we don't have them.  I'm glad you are so sensible on this issue, Jeff.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #516 on: October 26, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »

I still can't imagine a religion where you're told you can do whatever you want as long as you accept Jesus as Lord. I know you say it isn't a license to sin, but that's exactly what you use it as and use God as a crutch whenever you commit a sin.

I've never been taught that it's ok to do whatever you want because hey, its not your fault, God is just not finished working on you yet! It seems like a perversion of Christianity that so many people buy into these days.

It's just literalism.  He takes it how it says.  The Bible gives all these guidelines, but it's all about accepting Jesus at the end of the day.  Jeff may try to follow some of those guidelines, and may fail horribly.  Hell, he might not not follow the suggestions at all.  It's all about that water on the head and the "I accept you, Jesus"!  That's all you need. 
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #517 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »

This is the problem of Bushie's entire life... 'God's grace' why have a sense of personal responsibility when either Ma or Pa Bushie will save him and once he asks for God's forgiveness... the slate is clean. Sounds like a good deal for the emotionally juvenile.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #518 on: October 26, 2014, 11:43:41 PM »

This is the problem of Bushie's entire life... 'God's grace' why have a sense of personal responsibility when either Ma or Pa Bushie will save him and once he asks for God's forgiveness... the slate is clean. Sounds like a good deal for the emotionally juvenile.

Yea... Christianity does kinda "make ya an offa ya can't refuse".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #519 on: October 26, 2014, 11:50:34 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 12:01:45 AM by Joe Republic »

What does it any of it matter anyway?  The world is going to end before he turns 40, when he gets handed a brand new perfect body and anything he could ever want.  (Undeniable fact.)  He certainly deserves such a fantastic reward for everything he has accomplished in life!
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #520 on: October 26, 2014, 11:58:07 PM »

Bushie's "interpretation" of sola gratia theology is quite warped and a flagrant abuse of it, though granted not an uncommon one, but one you would never hear straight up defended by even the most conservative evangelical theologian. Besides think of the double standards that would open, think about LGBT Christians for starters. Even if homosexuality is a sin, if Bushie's interpretation of sola gratia is correct they'd be fine and are going to Heaven anyway, but that's obviously not what most people who adhere to it to believe. But most such people probably wouldn't see Bushie as much better off than LGBT people if they know the whole story.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #521 on: October 26, 2014, 11:59:37 PM »

What does it any of it matter anyway?  The world is going to end before he turns 40, when he gets handed a brand new perfect body and anything he could ever want.  (Undeniable fact.)  He certainly deserves such a fantastic reward!

I remember on an episode of Real Time With Bill Maher he was busting out some PPP poll numbers he actually commissioned for the show, and found that an absurdly high number of Americans thought the Rapture would be in their lifetime.  I always thought it was so kooky because I had met not one person who says that.  Low and behold, we have one right here in our Forum.  Worse is that it's such an unbelievably selfish and, yes, prideful thing to say, because it has everything to do with that fact that you feel you are so, so special that the end of days will literally be happening for you.  
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #522 on: October 27, 2014, 12:01:04 AM »

What does it any of it matter anyway?  The world is going to end before he turns 40, when he gets handed a brand new perfect body and anything he could ever want.  (Undeniable fact.)  He certainly deserves such a fantastic reward!

I remember on an episode of Real Time With Bill Maher he was busting out some PPP poll numbers he actually commissioned for the show, and found that an absurdly high number of Americans thought the Rapture would be in their lifetime.  I always thought it was so kooky because I had met not one person who says that.  Low and behold, we have one right here in our Forum.  Worse is that it's such an unbelievably selfish and, yes, prideful thing to say, because it has everything to do with that fact that you feel you are so, so special that the end of days will literally be happening for you.  

The worst thing about it is that trying to predict the Armageddon is in complete contradiction with the Bible.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #523 on: October 27, 2014, 12:28:54 AM »

I would just like to announce Jesus is my lord and savior and I am saved.

I will not attend any church services, act in any biblical way, or do anything else about it for the rest of my life, but let it be known for the record when I perish, I stamped my ticket to heaven at 2328 MT on October 26, 2014.

I encourage you all to do the same.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #524 on: October 27, 2014, 12:34:20 AM »

Matthew 7:19-23

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies