Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:20:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 146478 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: October 27, 2014, 03:03:45 AM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.

I'm not in a position to give you chances. I don't affect your life one way or the other. Given that you've failed every past job and refuse to change I can predict the same thing will happen now, but my opinion makes no difference to the outcome.

And you're not getting God's grace. You're following false prophets and you know how that ends!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #526 on: October 27, 2014, 06:47:11 AM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.

I'm not in a position to give you chances. I don't affect your life one way or the other. Given that you've failed every past job and refuse to change I can predict the same thing will happen now, but my opinion makes no difference to the outcome.

And you're not getting God's grace. You're following false prophets and you know how that ends!

How about we let God decide that?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #527 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »

How about we let God decide that?

You should take your own advice.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #528 on: October 27, 2014, 08:37:11 AM »

Bushie, do you have a clear idea of what the Rapture is going to be like?  I remember in Bill Maher's movie some lady said that she will literally be riding to heaven on a white horse.  I mean... to even know the color of the horse...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #529 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:19 AM »

The Rapture is also pretty weakly Biblically based and wasn't believed by anyone until the 17th century.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #530 on: October 27, 2014, 08:48:52 AM »

Bushie, do you have a clear idea of what the Rapture is going to be like?  I remember in Bill Maher's movie some lady said that she will literally be riding to heaven on a white horse.  I mean... to even know the color of the horse...

I don't know exactly, but I believe it will occur at the Battle of Armageddon when the world's army has pushed the Israeli army to the brink of elimination.  Jesus, who is Israel's Savior, will come down at the last moment riding in on a white horse and every Christian around the world will ascend into the air toward Jesus and the White Horse, receive their transformed bodies, and fight with Jesus and defeat the world's army and rescue Israel.  The Christians will then go into heaven without having tasted death, and the world will be ushered into the 1,000 year reign of Jesus when Satan is bound and put in prison for 1,000 years and all the world governments will be overthrown and the entire world will be ruled by Jesus and His church, the ones He raptured.  During that 1,000 years there will be not one war and there really will be peace on earth, good will toward men.  At the end of the 1,000 years, Satan will be loosed to wreak havoc for a season and then be permanently cast into the lake of fire.

I realize it seems like a fairy tale and I may be wrong on some aspects of this, but this is how I envision it to take place.  I'm not going to be silly and claim I'm right and everybody else is wrong, because the only one to know exactly how it will happen is God Himself.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #531 on: October 27, 2014, 08:59:54 AM »

With the Israelis cornered in a weird ground war for some reason against the entire world, Israel's Savior™ Jesus will come down at the last moment before their destruction to save a bunch Bible Belters in the USA, but leaving the Jews to perish.

All in the next 7-10 years or your money back!
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #532 on: October 27, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »

Even jmfcst's understanding of Armageddon wasn't that crazy, he didn't believe that Israel would fight a war against the entire world for basically no reason for example.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:50 AM »

With the Israelis cornered in a weird ground war for some reason against the entire world, Israel's Savior™ Jesus will come down at the last moment before their destruction to save a bunch Bible Belters in the USA, but leaving the Jews to perish.

All in the next 7-10 years or your money back!

Perhaps I should clarify entire world.  It's unclear if the United States will be involved.  From what I can tell, it will be mainly a Russian-led war with several forces joined in including Iran and many other Middle-Eastern countries.  The Biblical Gog and Magog will lead the war and those places are modern-day Russia.  While nobody knows for sure, but I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.  I do believe the Antichrist will come from Europe, whether it is Putin or not.  (It is not Obama, despite what many stupid conservatives believe.)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #534 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:54 AM »

I wouldn't call Bushie crazy for this as it's a common cultural line of thinking in the South. It's premillenialism. Jmfcst is a postmillenialist, a more practical yet nihilistic approach.

As far as I can tell, the determining factor in whether an Evangelical is post or pre is whether or not they are a powerful wealthy male with a hot wife. Jmfcst is fairly well off so he doesn't mind have to die in a bloody 1000 year Armageddon as atonement for his splendor.

Bushie on the other hand, along with most housewives and minimum wage workers, has never tasted true power, sexual dominance, enormous wealth, and freedom from pain, so they spend their days imagining a Rapture where they all get free from their obese bodies and into six pack abs, get a mansion for 1000 years, and get to laugh and enjoy peace in a Garden of Eden like scenario while all their enemies burn.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »

Anyway, let's change the subject for a bit.  I heard from the Great Russ Powers of Oklahoma today congratulating me on landing the job!!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #536 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »

Glorious news!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #537 on: October 27, 2014, 09:24:31 AM »

Anyway, let's change the subject for a bit.  I heard from the Great Russ Powers of Oklahoma today congratulating me on landing the job!!

He's going to be so disappointed in a few weeks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2014, 09:25:47 AM »

He's going to be so disappointed in a few weeks.

He knows it's only a contract job, so he will be expecting an e-mail with that news in the next few months.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:36 AM »

There he is.  The man himself, slayin' another CAD(D) hottie.  Probably sent that congratulatory email mid-coitis.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #540 on: October 27, 2014, 10:06:53 AM »

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #541 on: October 27, 2014, 10:12:24 AM »

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.

The "educated guess" bit is priceless.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: October 27, 2014, 10:49:18 AM »

Is it appropriate to post a photo of someone without their permission?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #543 on: October 27, 2014, 11:05:29 AM »

His facebook profile is public........all public, so it's fair game.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #544 on: October 27, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »

No photo of Russ Powers is appropriate due to his raw sexual energy, but sharing his public info is legal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: October 27, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »

His facebook profile is public........all public, so it's fair game.

Okay, I was just checking.  That's why I didn't officially report it.  I was just asking a question.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: October 27, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »

So far, neither the drug test nor the background check have come back, yet.  There is still time before 1700 EDT for them to come in today.  My recruiter is in Maryland, so I have to go by Eastern Time with this stuff.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #547 on: October 27, 2014, 11:14:39 AM »

So far, neither the drug test nor the background check have come back, yet.  There is still time before 1700 EDT for them to come in today.  My recruiter is in Maryland, so I have to go by Eastern Time with this stuff.

It concerns me you haven't received the material either.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #548 on: October 27, 2014, 11:16:04 AM »

Praying the background check isn't detailed/accurate for you, Bushie. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: October 27, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »

It concerns me you haven't received the material either.

When I talked to her on Thursday, she said it could be either Friday or Monday and she seemed to be emphasizing Monday.  It's just now lunch time in the east so there's plenty of time before 1700 ET today.  When I talked to her this morning, she said it should be today, but could be early Tuesday.  I'm not concerned.  I'm just staying the course and trying not to bug her.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies