Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:27:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151477 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: October 27, 2014, 04:05:07 PM »

Thanks, Tweed, but I'll pass.

No news today, but I was told just a few minutes ago that the drug tests and background checks normally take a few days to come back.  It was emphasized to me not to worry about it.  That combined with the fact I've never failed either check, then I'm going to enjoy my Monday evening.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #576 on: October 27, 2014, 04:10:57 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 04:17:03 PM by HockeyDude »

Is it appropriate to post a photo of someone without their permission?

It's on Google you insufferable tattletale.

How's that fit ya, fancy pants?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #577 on: October 27, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »

Bushie, you seem to have fallen for a common misconception. Revelation is the final book of the Christian New Testament, heavily steeped in obscure imagery. It was written by an unknown author during the first century CE.

You seem to be referring to events described in the best-selling apocalyptic thriller Left Behind, co-written by the American evangelical Chistian minister Tim LaHaye in the mid-90s and loosely inspired by imagery described in Revelation. It was made into a direct-to-video movie starring Kirk Cameron in 2000.

LOL, dying.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #578 on: October 27, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »

Is it appropriate to post a photo of someone without their permission?

It's on Google you insufferable tattletale.

Relax, HD, it was just an honest question. Smiley  You notice I didn't actually report it!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #579 on: October 27, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:  My background check and drug test just came back fine!!!  I will get the employment documents shortly!!!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #580 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:  My background check and drug test just came back fine!!!  I will get the employment documents shortly!!!!

I knew my #prayers would get the job done #blessed
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #581 on: October 27, 2014, 04:24:07 PM »

#TrustinHim
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #582 on: October 27, 2014, 04:34:34 PM »

If it doesn't tell you why in the Book of Revelation, then the answer to his question "Why?" is not in the Book of Revelation...

But, he was asking me why and it's a question I cannot answer.  The best answer you're going to get is in the book of Revelation.

God doesn't tell us the why a lot of times, He just says "trust me".  He's never failed anyone, yet, so there's no reason not to trust Him, but he doesn't tell us why very often.

Even if I believed in the Rapture or premillennialism, believe it or not, sometimes when a question isn't directly answered in the Bible, it's an invitation to further theological speculation, not throwing up your hands and giving up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #583 on: October 27, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »

Why would you expect him to treat the Bible differently than does anything else?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #584 on: October 27, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »

Why would you expect him to treat the Bible differently than does anything else?

...true.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #585 on: October 27, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »

You guys also forget that the Bible is literally the only book he has ever chosen to read.  Nothing else even on a related subject; e.g. theological research.  It's no wonder his specific beliefs are so bizarre.  He's virtually illiterate.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #586 on: October 27, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »

Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.

Please, please, please tell me that you're joking.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #587 on: October 27, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »

Bushie, you seem to have fallen for a common misconception. Revelation is the final book of the Christian New Testament, heavily steeped in obscure imagery. It was written by an unknown author during the first century CE.

You seem to be referring to events described in the best-selling apocalyptic thriller Left Behind, co-written by the American evangelical Chistian minister Tim LaHaye in the mid-90s and loosely inspired by imagery described in Revelation. It was made into a direct-to-video movie starring Kirk Cameron in 2000.

Revelation was written by the Apostle John, the same John that was a disciple of Jesus.

I have never read nor seen Left Behind, so this is all personal belief and study from what I read in Revelation.  Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.  They are a Pentecostal organization based in Plano, Texas that is all about the end time.  I do not take them as knowing exactly what will happen, but a general guideline of what to expect.  They are the best interpretation of Revelation that I have seen in a long time.
FFS
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #588 on: October 27, 2014, 06:16:49 PM »

Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.

Please, please, please tell me that you're joking.

I love the clickbait style links on that page (e.g., "5 Places Where World War Three Could Break Out").
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #589 on: October 27, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »

I think I'll read through that website once I have a few more bourbons. Can I register on their forum without any restrictions?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #590 on: October 27, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »

Revelation was written by the Apostle John, the same John that was a disciple of Jesus.

I have never read nor seen Left Behind, so this is all personal belief and study from what I read in Revelation.  Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.  They are a Pentecostal organization based in Plano, Texas that is all about the end time.  I do not take them as knowing exactly what will happen, but a general guideline of what to expect.  They are the best interpretation of Revelation that I have seen in a long time.

Isn't the i-word dirty?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #591 on: October 27, 2014, 06:46:46 PM »

Isn't the i-word dirty?

Not if it's the correct interpretation...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »

Jesus christ he even falls for scam websites when it comes to his own theology.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #593 on: October 27, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »

Wait, is that site Bushie visits a scam like landoverbaptist.org? I remember laughing a ton at that website back in high school.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #594 on: October 27, 2014, 07:21:08 PM »

Wait, is that site Bushie visits a scam like landoverbaptist.org? I remember laughing a ton at that website back in high school.

No, but it's clearly only out for money and not serious advice or discussion. Every article has something for sale.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #595 on: October 27, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »

What's this?  You mean to say that something related to religion is in fact a scam?!  I, for one, am shocked to my core.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #596 on: October 27, 2014, 07:30:50 PM »

What's this?  You mean to say that something related to religion is in fact a scam?!  I, for one, am shocked to my core.

Well of course the whole religious thing is a scam, but this website seems to be even more of a scam than usual.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #597 on: October 27, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

I think the only way for Bushie to survive in this world is to have him declared mentally incompetent and proceed with accordingly.
Panda Express

« Reply #598 on: October 27, 2014, 08:53:59 PM »

BushOklahoma, do you eat the chili at Golden Corral? A man found a rat head in his chili at Golden Corral in Florida. What are your thoughts?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-man-claims-golden-corral-chili-rat-head-article-1.1981988

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #599 on: October 27, 2014, 08:58:56 PM »

The site asks you to fund a Holocaust?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies