Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 150914 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: October 31, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

Happy Halloween everybody.  Today is the beginning of the 2014-2015 Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Season.  The words Happy Holidays, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas are all valid starting today.  The words Happy Holidays will cease to be valid after Thanksgiving.  In sane America, it is Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays.

So, with that said... Merry Christmas everybody!!

In sane America we wish everyone a happy whatever-they-celebrate.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #826 on: October 31, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »

Guys, granny's cooking, he's napping, then relax with the extended family.  Let's just leave him alone today, eh?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #827 on: October 31, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »

Is he ever going to start this job that he's moved into his grandma's house to go to?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #828 on: October 31, 2014, 04:51:20 PM »

someone remind me why he is still renting an apartment in tulsa?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #829 on: October 31, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »

Lief, Thanksgiving and Christmas begin today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #830 on: October 31, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »

Happy Halloween everybody.  Today is the beginning of the 2014-2015 Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Season.  The words Happy Holidays, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas are all valid starting today.  The words Happy Holidays will cease to be valid after Thanksgiving.  In sane America, it is Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays.

As a child, I always assumed "Happy Holidays" included New Years and Three Kings Day.

Those are usually called out separately and by name.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #831 on: October 31, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »

King, I start on Monday.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #832 on: October 31, 2014, 05:15:19 PM »

As a child, I always assumed "Happy Holidays" included New Years and Three Kings Day.

Those are usually called out separately and by name.

That seems unnecessary...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #833 on: October 31, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »

No, today is Halloween.  The rest of the holiday season starts tomorrow.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #834 on: October 31, 2014, 05:23:02 PM »

Not Lief, but it's Halloween. They begin on November 27 and December 25, respectively.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #835 on: October 31, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »

bushie why are your parents paying for you to maintain an apartment in tulsa that you arent using? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #836 on: October 31, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »

bushie why are your parents paying for you to maintain an apartment in tulsa that you arent using? 

They have zero confidence he will maintain this job and are hoping they will be able to send him back to Tulsa and off poor ol Granny's back ASAP.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #837 on: October 31, 2014, 06:37:12 PM »

They have zero confidence he will maintain this job and are hoping they will be able to send him back to Tulsa and off poor ol Granny's back ASAP.

sad.

and they are also paying for the super duper cable package in tulsa.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #838 on: October 31, 2014, 06:59:31 PM »

Not Lief, but it's Halloween. They begin on November 27 and December 25, respectively.

Those are the actual holidays, but the holiday season is all in one (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) and lasts from Halloween Day to New Year's Day.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #839 on: October 31, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »

Those are the actual holidays, but the holiday season is all in one (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) and lasts from Halloween Day to New Year's Day.

Only in the mind of a delusional man-child who views holidays like a five year-old. The holidays have already came and passed for you. Your gifts? A family who will put up with your chronic, immoral mooching. Happy Kwanzaa, now go to work!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #840 on: October 31, 2014, 07:15:43 PM »

Only in the mind of a delusional man-child who views holidays like a five year-old. The holidays have already came and passed for you. Your gifts? A family who will put up with your chronic, immoral mooching. Happy Kwanzaa, now go to work!

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #841 on: October 31, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

Wrong? No, if you had a job and were able to enjoy all of this on your own dime. Odd and childish? Yes, it is, regardless, and probably the best visible indicator to all of us of the frame of mind in which you constantly live.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #842 on: October 31, 2014, 07:21:36 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2014, 07:25:53 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

Wrong? No, if you had a job and were able to enjoy all of this on your own dime. Odd and childish? Yes, it is, regardless, and probably the best visible indicator to all of us of the frame of mind in which you constantly live.

I do have a job, starting Monday, that should take me into 2015 at the worst case scenario, well past Christmas.

If it is childish then that is the best way to view Christmas.  One people group I cannot stand are Scrooges.

EDIT:  Looking at Christmas through the eyes of a child does not include gifts.  Our views of presents should change as we grow and mature, but everything else should be viewed through the eyes of a child, in my humble opinion.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #843 on: October 31, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

I do have a job, starting Monday, that should take me into 2015 at the worst case scenario, well past Christmas.

If it is childish then that is the best way to view Christmas.  One people group I cannot stand are Scrooges.

It's not scrooge-like to tell a man half-way through his natural life that subconsciously and randomly deeming the holidays to be literally half the year in order to escape reality because he refuses to grow up and support himself is childish. And that's exactly why you do it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #844 on: October 31, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »

If it is childish then that is the best way to view Christmas.  One people group I cannot stand are Scrooges.

It's not scrooge-like to tell a man half-way through his natural life that subconsciously and randomly deeming the holidays to be literally half the year in order to escape reality because he refuses to grow up and support himself is childish. And that's exactly why you do it.

No, it's not at all why I do it.  I do it because I genuinely love Christmas.  I do not use it to escape reality.  I know full well what is going on around me at most times.  And, rarely, outside of Christmas, do I act like a child.  In fact, if anything, I act like a senior citizen.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #845 on: October 31, 2014, 07:47:58 PM »

Bushie, do you conceptually separate Advent from Christmas in any way?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #846 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:09 PM »

No, it's not at all why I do it.  I do it because I genuinely love Christmas.  I do not use it to escape reality.  I know full well what is going on around me at most times.  And, rarely, outside of Christmas, do I act like a child.  In fact, if anything, I act like a senior citizen.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #847 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »

Bushie, do you conceptually separate Advent from Christmas in any way?

As a Baptist, generally no, but personally I do recognize the four Sundays of Advent, but they are a part of the Christmas celebration and preparation.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #848 on: October 31, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2014, 08:12:00 PM by IDS Speaker Flo »

Bushie..... it is childish to get excited for Christmas in June.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #849 on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »

Bushie, are you excited about Joe Dorman's surge in the polls?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies