Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:00:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151485 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: October 31, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »

Bushie, are you excited about Joe Dorman's surge in the polls?

I like his surge and I voted for him on Thursday.  It'll be interesting to see how that race turns out.  I still think Fallin will win, but it won't be by a large margin.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #851 on: October 31, 2014, 08:20:58 PM »

Lief, Thanksgiving and Christmas begin today.

Not Lief, but it's Halloween. They begin on November 27 and December 25, respectively.

Those are the actual holidays, but the holiday season is all in one (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) and lasts from Halloween Day to New Year's Day.

Only in the mind of a delusional man-child who views holidays like a five year-old. The holidays have already came and passed for you. Your gifts? A family who will put up with your chronic, immoral mooching. Happy Kwanzaa, now go to work!

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

Bushie..... it is childish to get excited for Christmas in June.

Doesn't mean it's wrong and should be avoided.  It is perfectly acceptable to listen to Christmas music in June and July.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #852 on: October 31, 2014, 08:56:12 PM »

Not Lief, but it's Halloween. They begin on November 27 and December 25, respectively.

Those are the actual holidays, but the holiday season is all in one (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) and lasts from Halloween Day to New Year's Day.

Only in the mind of a delusional man-child who views holidays like a five year-old. The holidays have already came and passed for you. Your gifts? A family who will put up with your chronic, immoral mooching. Happy Kwanzaa, now go to work!

There is nothing wrong or childish about getting very excited for Christmas in the summer time.  Neither for playing Christmas music anytime of the year.  That is not odd and not wrong and not childish.

Doesn't mean it's wrong and should be avoided.  It is perfectly acceptable to listen to Christmas music in June and July.

But you said it's not childish, when it really is.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #853 on: October 31, 2014, 09:08:45 PM »

But you said it's not childish, when it really is.

Read my response to Griffin.  I kind of walked that back.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #854 on: October 31, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »

Bushie, ignore these scrooooooooges and focus.  Christmas needs your focus.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #855 on: October 31, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »

In fact, if anything, I act like a senior citizen.

My 80 year old grandmother is a senior citizen. She sleeps less than you do, walks more than you do and is more comfortable using a computer than you are. She can also use a stove.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #856 on: October 31, 2014, 11:52:24 PM »

when does the new job start??   Nov 3?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #857 on: November 01, 2014, 12:01:43 AM »

when does the new job start??   Nov 3?

Yes
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #858 on: November 01, 2014, 12:21:40 AM »

convenient that you get to go in with an extra hour of sleep from Sat to Sun
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #859 on: November 01, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »

convenient that you get to go in with an extra hour of sleep from Sat to Sun

Of course he'll have to give back that hour in March.  Unless he manages to lose the job between now and then, but what are the odds of that happening?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #860 on: November 01, 2014, 02:39:18 AM »

In fact, if anything, I act like a senior citizen.

My 80 year old grandmother is a senior citizen. She sleeps less than you do, walks more than you do and is more comfortable using a computer than you are. She can also use a stove.

As pointed out before, Bushie...

A. Makes meaningless drives long distances to "check on things" and pick up paper bills from Tulsa

B. His current social life consists of family dinners

C. A wild night out is board games and the like

...pretty much operates as a little old lady would these days.  I would bet money that he also goes to the bank for no particular reason and pesters the teller with questions about his checking account. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #861 on: November 01, 2014, 04:13:25 AM »

Bushie, how often do you use a check book to pay for things?  (Or would you, if your parents weren't already paying for everything?)
Panda Express

« Reply #862 on: November 01, 2014, 07:32:49 AM »

BushOklahoma, what were some of your Halloween costumes when you were a kid?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #863 on: November 01, 2014, 08:06:45 AM »

There is some high-quality trolling this season. Much more entertaining than "everything is fine, nothing is broken" about the job from last season.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #864 on: November 01, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »

Indy, it's not my lack of skill, it's an old computer that I'm working with.  My laptop is almost 4 years old and needs to be replaced, but I naturally don't have the money to replace it.

Maybe you would have the money if you
  • stopped eating out everyday
  • made due with a minimum wage job for the time being while looking for one with higher pay
  • stopped paying for an apartment you don't live in
  • studied cad(d) so you could've kept your old job (which you haven't done to this day)
  • listened to our advice

Roll Eyes

Courtesy of AG:

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #865 on: November 01, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »

Good Saturday Morning and, once again, welcome to November 2014!  Today is the day America turns their attention from Halloween to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  My plans today include football and working on my AutoCAD to get my mind back in the game in preparation for work which starts in just under 48 hours.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #866 on: November 01, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »

I never dressed up after the first grade.  I was never a Halloween kid.  I skipped straight to Christmas.  (And still do).
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #867 on: November 01, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »

I never dressed up after the first grade.  I was never a Halloween kid.  I skipped straight to Christmas.  (And still do).

Nice prognostication here from Lief.  Sounds like 1986/87 is right around when they made Halloween illegal out there in Okie. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: November 01, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »

Dad gave me an interesting project to do in my spare time today on the AutoCAD.  Draw his train tracks.  He gave me two small pieces of track, a curved piece and a straight piece.  He wants me to make a .GIF file out of them and then email them to him so he can print them out.  My laptop won't recognize their printer, so I can't print it out myself.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #869 on: November 01, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »

Dad gave me an interesting project to do in my spare time today on the AutoCAD.  Draw his train tracks.  He gave me two small pieces of track, a curved piece and a straight piece.  He wants me to make a .GIF file out of them and then email them to him so he can print them out.  My laptop won't recognize their printer, so I can't print it out myself.

Will you not be allowed dessert if he doesn't have it by dinner?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: November 01, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »

Will you not be allowed dessert if he doesn't have it by dinner?

This is just a spare time project while I'm watching football.  It doesn't matter when I get it done.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #871 on: November 01, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »

Dad gave me an interesting project to do in my spare time today on the AutoCAD.  Draw his train tracks.  He gave me two small pieces of track, a curved piece and a straight piece.  He wants me to make a .GIF file out of them and then email them to him so he can print them out.  My laptop won't recognize their printer, so I can't print it out myself.

Man, I love how important/symbolic trains are in this story.

Bushie's train has yet to leave the station.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #872 on: November 01, 2014, 10:01:47 AM »

The "all aboard" loud speaker is broken...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #873 on: November 01, 2014, 10:02:44 AM »

Dad gave me an interesting project to do in my spare time today on the AutoCAD.  Draw his train tracks.  He gave me two small pieces of track, a curved piece and a straight piece.  He wants me to make a .GIF file out of them and then email them to him so he can print them out.  My laptop won't recognize their printer, so I can't print it out myself.

Oh it's left the station, but the locomotive keeps dying, forcing it to be towed back to the station over and over.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #874 on: November 01, 2014, 10:04:36 AM »

Oh it's left the station, but the locomotive keeps dying, forcing it to be towed back to the station over and over.

It's not so much that the train breaks down as it is that the conductor tries to run it off the tracks when they pass a Braum's.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies