Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:40:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151695 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: November 12, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »

You will be back in Tulsa by the end of next week

You have absolutely no faith that I can ever do anything good, do you?

Why should he?  You bang in sick a week into the job.  You are burying yourself.  When this job comes to an end; and it looks like it will soon, you really need to sort out your health or you will never make it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1301 on: November 12, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »

You will be back in Tulsa by the end of next week

You have absolutely no faith that I can ever do anything good, do you?

No. You've given me no reason to think otherwise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1302 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07:45 PM »

You all are sounding the warning bells and while you would normally be right, I am not going to let it infiltrate and ruin my line of thinking.  I should be alright here.  We are slow enough right now that it doesn't hurt anything from what he said.  Give it another month and that won't be the case.  When he told me to go home, I initially pushed back stating that I wanted to get in a few more practice swings with the work I was doing at the end of the day yesterday, but he declined that saying he appreciates that I wanted to stay, but he doesn't want me to stay there and suffer and not be able to concentrate.  I might mess something up doing that.  He added that after seeing my initial work he is not worried about my abilities or my skills.  He just wants me to be feeling good and able to concentrate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1303 on: November 12, 2014, 08:18:30 PM »

You're expendable. Your boss doesn't even need you there. Remember when your last boss cut your hours?

You'll be out of there in another week.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1304 on: November 12, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »

Jeff, bosses want someone who is reliable and who they can count on.  If you are not showing up this early it sends alarm bells about future problems. If they are smart they would rather cut bait early than deal with problems down the road.  You haven't shown real value for them to be able to gamble on potential chronic absenteeism down the line.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1305 on: November 12, 2014, 08:24:06 PM »

Why do you continue to try to discourage me?  Do you realize that doesn't help anything?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1306 on: November 12, 2014, 08:29:11 PM »

i'm 3 pages behind but i'm already 100% sure

RIP JOB
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1307 on: November 12, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »

Why do you continue to try to discourage me?  Do you realize that doesn't help anything?

Neither does encouraging you.

People encourage you to practice your skills so you make yourself invaluable at your job. You "plan" but never do.

People encourage you to eat better in order to be healthier and combat some of your physical ailments. You "plan" to but never do.

People encourage you to exercise. You "plan" to but never do.

What do you want to go on your tombstone, Jeff? Think long and hard about it -- if "Couch Potato" or "Chronically Unemployed" suit you just fine, so be it. If not, do something to change it. You'll "plan" to but never will.

It doesn't matter whether people encourage you or discourage you. You are incapable of changing for the better.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1308 on: November 12, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »

Jeff, bosses want someone who is reliable and who they can count on.  If you are not showing up this early it sends alarm bells about future problems. If they are smart they would rather cut bait early than deal with problems down the road.  You haven't shown real value for them to be able to gamble on potential chronic absenteeism down the line.

What was I supposed to do? Sit there and suffer in extreme pain in silence?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #1309 on: November 12, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »

I'm a fairly pessimistic person, But I'll  go out on a limb and say that Jeff's boss is being honest with him. If I were someone's boss and I knew they felt awful and wasn't likely to be able to produce much for the day, I'd probably send them home.  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1310 on: November 12, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »

Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat on ESPN.  That's what I'm watching tonight.

How could you stand a bright, loud television with a Grade 8 headache?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1311 on: November 12, 2014, 08:34:04 PM »

You've been told the cure to eliminating (or at least vastly reducing) your headaches for years. This was a situation you never should've been in in the first place.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1312 on: November 12, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »

Headaches aside, your new employer having a slow workflow is a bad sign. This job is done.

Bushie, BTW, please tell me did you at least read my post of those WebMD articles? It's okay if you absolutely refuse to treat your headaches, but just want to know you at least saw the cure before disregarding it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1313 on: November 12, 2014, 08:38:25 PM »

If a few people who are situated more closely to Bushie's location are willing to get together, rent a van, kidnap him in the middle of the night, hog tie him and throw him in the back of said van, drive to a rural location in Wyoming or somewhere, throw him out in a cabin 100 miles from civilization with nothing but 60,000 calories of healthy food and water, and come back to pick him up in a month, I'll gladly chip in some seed money.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1314 on: November 12, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »

It's come way down since I got a 5 hour nap today.  It is now a Grade 4, occasionally Grade 5.  If it were still the way it was this morning, then I would be in bed right now.  As it is right now, it is moderate, at best.  That's a result of 1) prayer, 2) migraine pill, and 3) rest.  If it continues at this lower level, then there is no doubt I'll go in tomorrow.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1315 on: November 12, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »

I'm just saying, today I helped load about 1,000 bottles of water into a truck at a food pantry near my school and than packed about 50 shoeboxs for Operation Christmas Child (it was Service Day at our school).

I'm not a fan of the Update, but I mean, come on man! The next day you have off, you should at least offer to come in and help out. I did that when I worked at Miami Subs even when I didn't miss any days and it helped me last a lot longer than I should have Tongue.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1316 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »

It's come way down since I got a 5 hour nap today.  It is now a Grade 4, occasionally Grade 5.  If it were still the way it was this morning, then I would be in bed right now.  As it is right now, it is moderate, at best.  That's a result of 1) prayer, 2) migraine pill, and 3) rest.  If it continues at this lower level, then there is no doubt I'll go in tomorrow.

How could you stand a bright, loud television with a Grade 4-5 headache?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1317 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »

You've been told the cure to eliminating (or at least vastly reducing) your headaches for years. This was a situation you never should've been in in the first place.

It's taken the better part of 40 years to eliminating Mom's headaches.  They're still not totally gone, yet.  I can't eliminate mine overnight.  There is no reason to blame me for waking up with a migraine.  I have not had any chocolate, nor have I had anything real sweet (no cake or anything).  I have been eating better the past two weeks thanks to my mother's and grandmother's cooking.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1318 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:25 PM »

Grade 4-5 headache is manageable.  Par for the course, as they say.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1319 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:33 PM »

You're lying to everyone on here and to yourself. King saw through your BS -- your headaches are so bad you can't work and need to sleep all day but not so bad that you can park yourself in front of the television non-stop (as I'm sure you've done for the entire 11 days you've had this headache) and watch games that no one in their right mind would care about.

You refuse to drink water.

You refuse to stop eating junk that is medically proven to exacerbate headaches.

You refuse to stop watching TV.

You refuse to do anything more than "plan" to do better. You refuse to do.

Tell us why, again, that anyone should be wasting time encouraging you?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1320 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »

It's taken the better part of 40 years to eliminating Mom's headaches.  They're still not totally gone, yet.  I can't eliminate mine overnight.  There is no reason to blame me for waking up with a migraine.  I have not had any chocolate, nor have I had anything real sweet (no cake or anything).  I have been eating better the past two weeks thanks to my mother's and grandmother's cooking.

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/features/avoiding-food-related-headaches

in summary
>avoid cheese
>avoid nitrates (ham, bacon)
>avoid caffeinated drinks
>avoid bread
>avoid canned foods
>avoid chocolate

But please, enjoy those ham and cheese sandwiches with Coke for lunch.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1321 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »

Grade 4-5 headache is manageable.  Par for the course, as they say.

Manageable by doing what? Drinking no water and watching TV?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1322 on: November 12, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »

Headaches aside, your new employer having a slow workflow is a bad sign. This job is done.

Bushie, BTW, please tell me did you at least read my post of those WebMD articles? It's okay if you absolutely refuse to treat your headaches, but just want to know you at least saw the cure before disregarding it.

You don't understand how my job works, then.  Understandable.  I'm too lazy to explain it to you, so it'll just have to remain at that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1323 on: November 12, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »

I'm just saying, today I helped load about 1,000 bottles of water into a truck at a food pantry near my school and than packed about 50 shoeboxs for Operation Christmas Child (it was Service Day at our school).

I'm not a fan of the Update, but I mean, come on man! The next day you have off, you should at least offer to come in and help out. I did that when I worked at Miami Subs even when I didn't miss any days and it helped me last a lot longer than I should have Tongue.

Why on earth should Bushie do any of that?  King Jesus will provide everything the needy and vulnerable could ever want or need; they simply have to snuggle in His warm bosom and let Him talk to them inside their heads.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1324 on: November 12, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »

I just can't imagine how someone in apparently so much pain wants to do nothing about it.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies