Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 150873 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: November 12, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »

I'm a fairly pessimistic person, But I'll  go out on a limb and say that Jeff's boss is being honest with him. If I were someone's boss and I knew they felt awful and wasn't likely to be able to produce much for the day, I'd probably send them home. 

Exactly.  My boss is not a cruel person.  He is not going to make me suffer in silence and be unproductive.  I would have been wasting my time and his time and could potentially screw something up royally.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1326 on: November 12, 2014, 08:54:14 PM »

At least you're self aware.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1327 on: November 12, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »

The fact that Bushie continues to ignore the posts relating to the simplest cure for his self-induced headaches - even engaging with parts of posts that have to do with something else, but ignoring the other parts with simple advice for avoiding his headaches - shows that he has both a chronic victim complex and serious mental illness.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1328 on: November 12, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

Bushie, do you seriously not drink any water when you have a headache? I can't imagine doing such a thing. I feel like it's something that is simply a part of basic animal instincts.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1329 on: November 12, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »

Also, WTF is a "migraine pill?" Is he talking about Advil? Tylenol? Is someone hooking him up with Vicodin?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1330 on: November 12, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

I just can't imagine how someone in apparently so much pain wants to do nothing about it.

Because it's all about doing what's most expedient and facilitates laziness. I actually believe Jeff when he says his headache was so bad this morning that he had to leave work, and if his boss allowed it, so be it.

But rather than try to get himself well in any way, he continues to eat like sh[ink], drink nothing but headache-inducing soda and get literally no exercise. Plus he watches hours and hours of TV, because it's easy.

Successful people don't do "easy" -- therefore, Jeff will never succeed. He doesn't have it in him in any way other than to just talk and "plan." Useless words backed up by years of inaction.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1331 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »

Also, WTF is a "migraine pill?" Is he talking about Advil? Tylenol? Is someone hooking him up with Vicodin?

Ever heard of Imitrex?  That's what my mother takes.  I take Maxalt.  They are stronger than regular OTC pain relievers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1332 on: November 12, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »

I just can't imagine how someone in apparently so much pain wants to do nothing about it.

Because it's all about doing what's most expedient and facilitates laziness. I actually believe Jeff when he says his headache was so bad this morning that he had to leave work, and if his boss allowed it, so be it.

But rather than try to get himself well in any way, he continues to eat like sh[ink], drink nothing but headache-inducing soda and get literally no exercise. Plus he watches hours and hours of TV, because it's easy.

Successful people don't do "easy" -- therefore, Jeff will never succeed. He doesn't have it in him in any way other than to just talk and "plan." Useless words backed up by years of inaction.

I'm a lot better than I was this morning.  We had chili for supper tonight, nothing out of the ordinary for most Americans.  I only had one bowl.  I did have a coke with it, but the sugary sodas don't give me headaches.  I ruled those out a long time ago through a series of personal tests.  Sugar and caffeine do not affect my headaches.  In fact, for me, the sugar and caffeine actually acts as a pain reliever, not a pain inducer.  Right now, I'm drinking a Diet Dr Pepper.  I'll take this moderate headache any day over the double whopper of a migraine I had this morning. (See what I did there. Tongue )
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1333 on: November 12, 2014, 09:14:35 PM »

I'm a lot better than I was this morning.  We had chili for supper tonight, nothing out of the ordinary for most Americans.  I only had one bowl.  I did have a coke with it, but the sugary sodas don't give me headaches.  I ruled those out a long time ago through a series of personal tests.  Sugar and caffeine do not affect my headaches.  In fact, for me, the sugar and caffeine actually acts as a pain reliever, not a pain inducer.  Right now, I'm drinking a Diet Dr Pepper.  I'll take this moderate headache any day over the double whopper of a migraine I had this morning. (See what I did there. Tongue )

Yes. It's called obfuscation.

Stop pretending you're some sort of a "different animal." You're a human being, albeit an extremely poor specimen of one. Pop may not make headaches worse, but drinking nothing but will ensure your body stays dehydrated. Dehydration equals the loss of water in your brain tissue, causing your brain to shrink, pull away from the skull and inducing a headache. It also causes your blood volume to drop, lowering the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain.

You need water. Not any ol' liquid. Not something that makes you lick your bloated lips. WATER. Di-hydrogen Monoxide. And if you refuse out of some warped sense of self-righteousness, you are only hurting yourself.

What's sickening is, in your "personal experiments," you likely only experimented with what sort of awful sh[ink] you could continue to put in your body without making you feel worse, rather than seeing if anything recommended by EVERYONE would make you feel better.

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1334 on: November 12, 2014, 09:17:06 PM »

Yes. I seriously doubt Bushie has a special disease that makes the parameters of his headaches different than anyone else. He may not even have his mother's gene. He may have his fathers. It's hard to tell because he eats a diet that would give anybody a headache.

Until he starts drinking near a gallon water a day, eating spinach, mushrooms, avocados with every meal, and still has a headache, then he has a special disease. Otherwise, he's just being unhealthy.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1335 on: November 12, 2014, 09:17:11 PM »

Bushie, when was the last time you drank a full glass of water, straight up, with nothing added?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #1336 on: November 12, 2014, 09:22:33 PM »

Well for whatever it's worth I'm now drinking a bottle of water.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1337 on: November 12, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »

Yes, this Very Special Episode of Update is doing its job as a PSA.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: November 12, 2014, 09:27:52 PM »

Yes. I seriously doubt Bushie has a special disease that makes the parameters of his headaches different than anyone else. He may not even have his mother's gene. He may have his fathers. It's hard to tell because he eats a diet that would give anybody a headache.

Until he starts drinking near a gallon water a day, eating spinach, mushrooms, avocados with every meal, and still has a headache, then he has a special disease. Otherwise, he's just being unhealthy.

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1339 on: November 12, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »

Either God or Bushie's Native American / Kenyan spirit guide will now transfer some of your good health his way, so that he can go to work tomorrow.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #1340 on: November 12, 2014, 09:37:15 PM »

Even I'm drinking water right now, although I had 5 pops today. It's not that hard to drink water. It even tastes rather refreshing.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: November 12, 2014, 09:40:53 PM »

Even I'm drinking water right now, although I had 5 pops today. It's not that hard to drink water. It even tastes rather refreshing.

Please bring back Popdate!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1342 on: November 12, 2014, 09:46:08 PM »

Most health and scientific experts would probably agree not everybody reacts to the same things the exact same way.  It's part of what makes us unique individuals.  Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.  Caffeine may cause headaches for some, and cure headaches for others.  God did not create everybody the exact same.  He created everybody different.  Nobody is exactly alike, not even identical, biological twins.  That's why the medical and pharmaceutical industries have created so many different medications to treat the same condition.  Not everybody responds to the exact same stimuli the exact same way.  I'm not saying I'm a special case, I'm just saying I am a unique individual.

So you don't require water? Your body is perfectly healthy in a state of constant dehydration?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1343 on: November 12, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »

...so you're saying you're a special case.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1344 on: November 12, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »

soda*
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1345 on: November 12, 2014, 09:49:37 PM »

Caffeine may be a stimulant for some and a depressant for others.

What no
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1346 on: November 12, 2014, 09:50:06 PM »

So you don't require water? Your body is perfectly healthy in a state of constant dehydration?

Everybody requires water.  I will admit I haven't been getting enough lately.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1347 on: November 12, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »

soda*

No, pop is the correct terminology.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1348 on: November 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »

The Lord created his body without the need for water. He is special. You have no right to question this.  This is the absolute truth. Do not mock his faith!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1349 on: November 12, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »

It's true.  I have known several people on both sides of this.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies